Hi! TTC #1 at 37

smallhelen

Reaction score
Hi, I am new here, although I have been lurking for a couple of months.
I came off BCP at the end of May, and am now in my third cycle since then. We are going to start TTC very soon, with fingers crossed!
We are both 37, and have been married for 14 years. Originally we weren't planning on having kids, but things changed at the end of last year (which was a really c**p year for us). So, we are starting on this new journey, which could be interesting/scary/exciting/frustrating/etc.
Looking forward to chatting with others going through the same things. :eek:

Hi there :hi:

I am also 37 and ttc #1 ...... although not for long as I am 38 next month. I am just starting cycle 7 of TTC so one last chance to get pregnant while 37!

I would encourage you start tracking and understanding your cycles now to give you the best possible chance when you start officially TTC. If you are anything like me, this is all a new thing to learn about! :D

Welcome :)

I am 38 and ttc first also. This is my 6th cycle and I have just made my first appt to see Dr next Thu with my husband.

TTC was not as easy as I first thought. I highly recommend temping in the mornings and using OPK's to pinpoint ovulation. The window is small and strangely enough not completely predictable as we think.

All the best :)

Thanks for the advice. I'm all set up on FF now, and have a digital thermometer ready! I'm have slightly obsessive tendencies anyway, so anything to do with numbers and graphs sounds kinda fun (is this sad?) :)

LOL ...... i just finally made it onto FF today as well. I am kind of wishing that I had started out with more determination myself at the outset. I (naively) thought it would just happen! :dohh:

We'll get there...... :flower:

If only it was as simple as 'have sex' get pregnant. And if you are not pregnant then experience no symptoms during tww...

That would make ttc sooooo much easier!!!!

I started TTC at 37 and also thought it would be easy. After 15 cycles, I am my own professional ovulation predictor. During a three week vacation, the magic happened!

OPKs are great! However, since predictor tests cost so much, I would recommend using them for the first few cycles, but pay VERY CLOSE attention to your body during the pre-ovulation phase (especially the mucus cycle) so you know exactly what to look for BEFORE you ovulate. Once you've figured out your body's behaviors pre-ovulation, no need to keep buying those spendy tests.

GOOD LUCK TTC!

If I get a BFP this cycle I will be 37 when the baby is born ... I didnt intend on having kids either .. I have a very filled life and never give a child consideration .. but I guess things change and that old clock starts ticking louder. So now we are on the baby train and have discovered I have PCOS .. and I think once you are on the train it maybe hard to get off again !!!!

And the other ladies are right ... start charting and watch your body trough your cycle

Good luck everyone.------------*--
I am 38.5 and TTC. I have bought the Clearblue digital test with tester but have run out of tests already. I think a few were faulty as both lines really faint with circle not smiley face. the first 3 or so I tried were normal ie circle and control line dark and mine faint. I started on day 11, 12, 13 and 14....but I don't think I ovualte till later eg day 18 or 19 so I'll go and have to buy the damn thing again. I wish I bought the one with refills I think that is called the Fertility monitor and more expensive though.

Here's a quick question: I'm on CD17 and I feel really bloated, mainly around my uterus. When I sit down, I feel like I have a football in my stomach. It's happened at about the same time each cycle since I came off BCP, and I guess that it's a clue that I'm ovulating. Anyone else get this?
Also, I seem to be stuck to the sofa today, watching the tennis ! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->