Hi

CandJ

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm Charlotte, mum to Jen who turns two next week.

Back in January we found out that Jen has quadraplegic cerebral palsy affecting her legs more than her arms and her left side more than her right.

I'm new to the site so I'm not sure exactly how it all works but I'd really like to talk to people who have the same sort of things going on. Apart from all the doctors and therapists I've not really spoken to many people.

Charlotte.

We're also expecting our second... due 23/12/10!

Christopher has right sided Hemi and just turned 5.

Have you had a look at Scope and Cerebra yet?

Got all your benefits sorted out? DLA, CA and heard of thehttps://www.familyfund.org.uk/ family fund?

Hey!

I've had a look at Scope but not at Cerebra so I'll have a nosey on that later on.

We've got DLA, but we don't qualify for CA as both my OH and I work to much.

Never heard og the Family fund, but I'll have a look at that.

How does Christopher cope with his? Jen seems to get really frustrated all the time.

Thanks

He used to get very frustrated but he has improved so much in the past 2 years. We were told he probably wouldn't walk, but after some hard work he does.

Now he just gets on with it, but he is older. You know how they say wait till she is 3 when they will know more? It bugs the crap out of you but is true. The first few years are the hardest, thats the time when all you hear is the problems, but it does get easier eventually.

Family fund depending on your household income, can provide grants for holidays or equipment, do check it out.

Yeah they've told us that Jen will be able to walk with a fame or something around the house but as soon as we go longer distances she'll be in a wheelchair. Yeah I hate that they keep saying just wait and see how she does. I don't want to wait I want answers now. I know thats really impatient!

I'm glad it gets easier and thats awesome that Christopher has proven them all wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->