Hidden line on Wal-Mart 88 cent test ?

Hopeful193

Reaction score
Ok, so I bought 3 of these tests. I took one tonight, even though I'm only 7 dpo. After putting the pee into the reservoir, the ink started flowing, and it looked like a positive line showed up! My mom was watching as well, and said something before I had a chance. After the ink "seemed," I noticed it disappeared. The control line was bold, but it looked like the positive line like, went off to the side. So, out of desperation, I took it apart! And at the beginning, where the ink flows from, there was a purple line. It was on the control side, also, so I'm unsure.. this happened within 5 minutes of testing. I let it sit 4, and took it apart on the 5th minute. There were no lines where the positive line should be, though... please help! :)

Ok, I took this about a minute after I took it apart.. :)

Attachments

• IMG_20120918_202637-1.jpg
    IMG_20120918_202637-1.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 377
Weird! I do see the faint line..maybe it is a + but in the wrong place, or it could be a fluke..

I would take a different test, maybe a different brand, to see what that says.
I wouldn't make any assumptions with that test, it seems like its invalid.

The other pic was blurry; I hope this one clarifies it better. The line labeled 'C' was the control line. And Idk what the other line is. It wasn't visible through the window... I could only see it by taking it apart. :)

Attachments

• 1348032550072.jpg
    1348032550072.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 253
Well, I had previously taken these, and there wasn't anything like this. And yeah, that's what I'm going to do after waiting a few days. It's so hard! Haha, especially when you're as impatient as I am. ;p

The other pic was blurry; I hope this one clarifies it better. The line labeled 'C' was the control line. And Idk what the other line is. It wasn't visible through the window... I could only see it by taking it apart. :)

Hi hopeful, last month I took some one dollar test and had the same thing, when I phoned the manufacturer, they had told me that is where the dye runs out to and that it wasn't a positive result. They had also asked me to send them an e-mail with the picture, in which again they had told me the samething just to clarify we were all on the same page about this line only visible by opening the test. I hope this doesn't sound discouraging at all. I would test again using a different brand of test. I'm keeping my fx'ed for you praying you get your :bfp: and lots of :dust: :hug: Mookerr

I think Mookerr87 has given you a good answer. :thumbup:

It is also worth noting for the future that taking pregnancy tests apart can make the result you see in there invalid. It alters the air and humidity to the test which it was not designed to be under, particularly if you do it within the time limit. It can also make the dye dry out too fast in places it should not be. If you are tempted to take tests apart you are probably better off buying the dip strips.

Ive seen BFPs on those- and theyre much closer to the control line. The previous poster is right- thats just where the dye ends up. I also used those last cycle and saw something before the dye finished- but since it didnt stick to the line- then BFN

Thank you guys so much! I appreciate the help :) I'm going to wait a few days, and try a better brand. . :)

I had pretty much the same thing happen a lil bit ago. I took the test apart bc the control line wasn't under the C so figured the test strip was off. The urine strip had another little piece sticking out farther than the urine strip and it had a line under it. I kinda moved it away &it it was deff a line. Put the test back.together to see if I could see it thru the window & it had moved to the test line. It stayed there for several seconds then eventually moved on across. I'm thinking it was just a lil bit of urine that didnt move across like it was supposed to when the rest did....Idk. af isn't due until next Monday (9/24/12). I had some weird spotting and cramping last Wednesday (9/12/12) 12 days before af is due and approximately 5dpo....so I'm gonna wait until next Wed to test again.

On a side not I have to say these are some of the prettiest test I have bought. But I just love purple lol!

Lol ! Yes , they are pretty ! And I got a BFP ! :D first prenatal visit is on October 19th. Excited , but now I'm nervous about every little cramp/pain I feel! :)

And LHatch, I think you were right... Sorry it took me so long to respond, gals; I'm new to the website, and couldn't find where my subscriptions were! Lol ;p

Lol ! Yes , they are pretty ! And I got a BFP ! :D first prenatal visit is on October 19th. Excited , but now I'm nervous about every little cramp/pain I feel! :)

And LHatch, I think you were right... Sorry it took me so long to respond, gals; I'm new to the website, and couldn't find where my subscriptions were! Lol ;p

CONGRATS! :thumbup:

Ok, I took this about a minute after I took it apart.. :)

Girl I'm going through the same thing I bought 3 of these test took one at 7pm 12dpo took one 11am 13dpo and one at 8am 14dpo and all faint positives but lower like yours heres a pic of my most recent

Attachments

• WP_20140903_001.jpg
    WP_20140903_001.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 136
I'm not seeing what you girls are talking about? I just took 2 of these tests last night and they looked the same as yours but I figured definite BFN? I also didn't really have a proper AF this past cycle so I'd be 7+2 today if I am in fact preg, so I'd assume a super dark line on any test but I just don't know?

Congrats to you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"