High Blood Pressure at 35 Weeks anyone?

LilyInk

Reaction score
I saw my GP last week and my blood pressure was 140/86 which is quite high for me as I normall pre-pregnancy have quite low blood pressure. Anyway he told me to monitor it for a week at home (husband is a paramedic) and if it goes higher than 150/90 I have to let him know and go back. Well I tested Monday and it was 154/87 and it has remained above 150/85 for the past 4 days so I am going back to the GP this afternoon and I know he is likely to ring the hospital but I really don't want to have to go to the hospital if I can avoid it. I am currently 35+3 and I am dreading them telling me I will be on bed rest as I still have another week of work before I am on leave. Also I don't think bed rest is possible when you have a 15month old to care for.

Anyone experienced this before and what happened? Were you induced early? I really don't want to be induced.

I posted earlier I'm 35weeks +2 days & my bp has started to creep up. But I tend to suffer with pre e, eclampsia. I'm alway induced. If they can't control your bp or you have protein in your urine then yes I'm afraid baby will have to come early. Good luck x

Yup! Me. My first and second. I did 3 weeks of bedrest with my second... No choice. Lots of help from the grandmas! High bp is no joke... I had a 2 year old at the time and it was rough!

My last pregnancy I had high BP from 28 weeks, I was signed off work & they kept it under control until I was 39 weeks then I got protein in my urine & they induced me.

I'm on rest now for a back injury & it's brought my BP down loads!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->