High blood pressure first time round, will it happen again?

squirrel.

Happy mummy of three
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Calling on your words of wisdom! For the last couple of weeks with my first pregnancy, I had raied blood pressure. It was the high end of normal and went just above normal into the high range a couple of times. They worried enough to induce me at 40+3 and then kept me in hospital five days after he was born to see if my blood pressure would come down. It didn't and I ended up on Nifedipine. My blood pressure stayed raised for several months and then eventually came down.

I'm wondering if the same will happen this pregnancy and I'm desperately hoping it won't!

The thing is, I was so unhealthy last time. I basically sat around for the last few months because I had an irritable uterus and was advised to rest a lot of the time in case it caused preterm labour... it didn't! I also ate really bad food and put on quite a lot of weight (which I did lose luckily within weeks of baby being born, so maybe was water retention mainly - I did swell badly). I wonder if there were factors attributing to my raised blood pressure? I'm so much healthier this time round and walk about 6/7 miles a day (4 miles to and from work) and then on my feet most of the day as a teacher. I plan to work till 37.5 weeks, so hopfully that will keep me healthier than last time.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Did you have raised blood pressure (but not preeclampsia) the first time? What happened the second time?

I'm really hoping to avoid it this time! I don't want the worry, I (desperately) don't want to be induced and I don't want to be kept in hospital for ages after baby is born.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

I had high bp the first time around from around 30 weeks I would be admitted every two weeks or more for the risk of pre e but I didn't develop it (delivered at 36 weeks not due to bp) this time my blood pressure is fine I'm 36+1 today and fingers crossed my blood pressure has been completely normal so for me it didn't follow the same as last time. Fingers crossed for you too!

Just wanted to update this in case someone stumbles onto it and wants to know what happened - I hate it when I find threads and there's no update :haha:

So for me I didn't get high blood pressure again, it stayed low to normal till the end. I did have my daughter nearly a month prematurely, so maybe I didn't have time to get high blood pressure.

Hope if you found this because you're worried about your blood pressure that yours stays low too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->