High dose IVF failed - how long until medications left your system?

Nolimitxox

Mama at last
Reaction score
Hi!!! A month and some ago I finished my first IVF stimulation cycle. I was on 750iu of follistim, low dose hcg and lupron. I know the follistim is a high dose. None of my eggs fertilized, and I got my period 10 days after retrieval. My cycles are consistent, until ivf, and I had another extended cycle with no meds (29 days vs normal 23 or 24 for me). Thats two in a row! I did not ovulate last cycle, and Im mow on cycle day 11. I had faint lh surges since day 5, and yesterday my opk was undetectable. It never turned positive and im afraid Im having another annovulatory cycle. Im assuming it has to be due to the massive amount of follistim i was on (for 13 days) and the half life from what Ive read varies from 34 to 48 hours. If thats true, at 7 weeks since my last dose, would it still be in my system or gone?! I would think yes? If so im not sure why my cycles are staying extended, and who knows if that is good or bad. Any insight would be helpful, thank you!

I did high dose IUI's and my cycles were longer for about two months, but I think that was the extra progesterone I was on.
It should be out of your system by now, but that doesn't mean your body isn't reacting to new hormone levels your body is making now. I did find I ovulated at a different time as well after my medicated cycles. I did a total of seven medicated cycles, including the IVF.

I did high dose IUI's and my cycles were longer for about two months, but I think that was the extra progesterone I was on.
It should be out of your system by now, but that doesn't mean your body isn't reacting to new hormone levels your body is making now. I did find I ovulated at a different time as well after my medicated cycles. I did a total of seven medicated cycles, including the IVF.

Im about to do my second IVF using 600 follistim, 150 menopur (bumped to 250 after I start gangrelix). No precycle. Im fucking terrified! I have never felt so emotionally unstable since my thyroid diagnosis! I just want to make sure Im not going insane as I so confidentially feel I do. The embryologist finally got in touch with me to let me know the egg quailty was poor (we knew that) but that the eggs were dark, cloudy, spotted, and contained 2 polar bodies already without sperm indicating neither were genetically normal. Theyre very hopeful with this new protocol. I wish they did blood and ultrasound between cycles so we knew what was going on!!! Do you have any experience with these medications?

I did all of them, although I can't remember what I started on with the gonalF.

I just went through my journal, I was on Gonal F 375, for about a week then added orgalutron 250mcg, Luveris 75iu until trigger.
Personally I also did Coenzyme Q10 at 600 a day for a few months as I read that helps with follicle quality.

If they are not doing ultrasounds, how d they know when to trigger you or how many follicles are at the right size?

I did all of them, although I can't remember what I started on with the gonalF.

I just went through my journal, I was on Gonal F 375, for about a week then added orgalutron 250mcg, Luveris 75iu until trigger.
Personally I also did Coenzyme Q10 at 600 a day for a few months as I read that helps with follicle quality.

If they are not doing ultrasounds, how d they know when to trigger you or how many follicles are at the right size?

Im between cycles right now. I'm waiting to start my next IVF stimulation cycle on my next day 1. I haven't been monitored since my last cycle in September. I've had two bleeds between, and we will be going again on the third. I've just been so anxious and stressed about this coming cycle because my cycles have not returned to normal yet. Just makes me nervous. I feel emotionally wrecked much like I did before I started my thyroid medication. I suppose I just feel out of control and I don't like it! I have been taking coq10 as well! Just another part of the puzzle, am I right? Ha! Thanks so much for all your replies. It means a lot. I wonder what my FSH looks like right now :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->