High HCG level confirmed 5 weeks at ultrasound

JennaLore

Reaction score
Hello,

I had an ultrasound done by emergency in hospital because I couldn't wait till Dec to see if the baby was healthy as last year I had a miscarriage at 9 weeks after finding out at 6 weeks that the heart rate was way too low and there were some formation issues...

Anyways,

they did a beta HCG that came back as 30 152 and the ultrasound saw one healthy baby 5 weeks along...

As it was done in emergency they really didn't seem to give any answers as to why the high levels etc... I don't even know if they looked for a second baby... As I mentioned I do not have an appointment with a proper obgyn until mid december!!

Also, I'm already popping out quite a bit! It really is not weight gain as the rest of me is the same size it always was (I am on the slim side)... It is already impossible for me to hide my pregnancy now I am 6 weeks!

How is this possible?
Should I be concerned?

They would have checked and seen a second baby unless it was hiding but I had scan at 5 weeks and we could see two different sacs my levels were high. At 4.6 weeks but not that high. Levels can vary for each of us. Now I did have higher levels then that with my 1st loss!

The bump you hage no may be just from gas and bloating and water retention. I have been the size I am and BIGGER (bloating finally has gone down some) since I became pregnant (12w 1d pregnant).

I wouldn't be concerned right now. Youre really early right now and just try to relax and be stress free.:)

Bloating is very come in early pregnancy

I had massive bloating at 5 weeks. Now my tummy has gone right down and I have the start of a bump. X

Can you be bloated and not feel gassy or crampy? My only experiencw with extreme bloat was prior to my gallbladder surgery and I definitely had symptoms suggestive of bloat then but now I really have none :/

But is my HCG level abnormally high?? I cant seem to find cases of similar levels in single healthy pregnancies...
I'm aware there was only one gestational sac, I saw the ultrasound but could it still be identical twins?

Anyways, they did find a healthy little heart beat which pleases me for now anyways!

Hcg can vary a lot. At 4w6d mine was 18,762, which woudl have put me in the 6 week range if you go by the online charts, but I had an ultrasound a week and a half later and I was only 6 weeks then. Also, bloating is really common and you can be bloated and not feel bloated, if you know what I mean. I went up a size in my pants around week 6/7. It really looked like I was showing already, but then my OB showed me where the baby was...way down low and tucked under my pubic bone...and he explained about the bloating. At 14 weeks my bloat went away and I didn't look pregnant anymore and then a proper bump started. That was my experience anyways. Good luck, hun.

Im not sure whether the hcg level is too high. It does sound it however every pregnancy is different. There could be 2 babies in the one sac.
I didn't feel extremely gassy or bloated but my trousers didn't fit. Strangely they do fit now!!
Have you a follow up scan at all? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->