High Progesterone but HCG slightly decreased

WestCoast42

Reaction score
Hello, this is my first time to babyandbump - or any forum for that matter. I have never done this before...but I find myself in need of support and answers. I am 42 and 7.5 weeks pregnant. I have two beautiful grown boys and here I am again, expecting my first with my second husband. We are over the moon but cautiously optimistic. I had an ectopic in December and it was devastating. They saved most of the tube (right side) and I immediately started acupuncture to decrease the inflammation and scar tissue and I believe it has done miracles - this baby came through that same tube :)

But here is where we are right now. My HCG was going up nicely then just started hanging out around 5000. We had an early ultrasound and saw the heart beating but too early to record heart rhythm. My progesterone came back at only 8 so we started Prog shots twice a week. Another Ultrasound last Monday showed heartbeat but only 71 bpm and my HCG was only at 7000.

Today I got a call that my prog is now 23 but my HCG is still at 7000 after 4 days. I am trying really hard not to give in to worry and stress but I am very upset...we have another ultrasound Monday and that literally feels like a lifetime away.

Has anyone had anything like this happen and still had a viable pregnancy?

Thank you so much in advance for your support....

Now my prog is up to 23

I haven't had this exact issue as during both of my mcs both of my levels just dropped off (maybe that is a good sign for you?) and I am currently pregnant again immediately after my second mc so they are checking my levels, but I haven't gotten the results of my second test to compare to so this weekend feels like a lifetime for me also. All I can really tell you is prepare yourself for the worst case scenario, but don't get too freaked out just yet. Yes HCG levels are supposed to double every two days or so, but from what I have heard that isn't always the case. Best of luck to you and your little peanut. Maybe try clicking on the search on the forum and search for HCG levels or something and see what pops up (if you haven't already :) ), maybe you can find some good info and success stories.

A heart rate of 71.in the seventh week isn't promising. And neither of the hcg levels I'm afraid but i don't like when someone gives me false.hope. i like to hear straight forward. There had been done cases(not much at all) where the hb picks up and baby is fine but it is rare.
I'm so sorry for your ectopic loss and i surely do hope this turns around for you. <3

I miscarried at home this morning at 2am. We are very sad to say the least...spent all morning in ER and it was confirmed.

I wanted to post this article I came across for anyone who might be in my same boat. Just miscarried but want to TTC again right away.

I definitely am in mourning and this is an experience that will be with me always. I already miss being pregnant. I miss my little bean &#128542;

But I want to keep trying. And it looks like there is some science to support TTC immediately after miscarriage. Because I don't have enough current posts I cannot insert link to this article. Please Google "no need delay pregnancy after miscarriage webmd".

Good luck to everyone&#128151;

I know I am too late to be of any help but I just wanted to tell you I am really sorry for your loss. Lots of hugs and know that we are all here to support you! Sending lots of baby dust your way and praying you get your rainbow.baby very soon.

I miscarried at home this morning at 2am. We are very sad to say the least...spent all morning in ER and it was confirmed.

I wanted to post this article I came across for anyone who might be in my same boat. Just miscarried but want to TTC again right away.

I definitely am in mourning and this is an experience that will be with me always. I already miss being pregnant. I miss my little bean &#128542;

But I want to keep trying. And it looks like there is some science to support TTC immediately after miscarriage. Because I don't have enough current posts I cannot insert link to this article. Please Google "no need delay pregnancy after miscarriage webmd".

Good luck to everyone&#128151;

Aww I'm so sorry hunny. I hope you get your little rainbow soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"