Higher Temps During The Day in the TWW?? Advise?

robin929

Reaction score
Yesterday I had some massive congestion. Usually just causes discomfort but no fever. I pretty much of a regular with allergies. I took my temp at 4pm yest and it was 99.2. So this is not really a fever but definitely an elevated low low grade fever or body temp. I went to bed after resting and moving very little ; temp was normal.

Upon waking temp was normal post O- 98.47 at 5am. Though by 9 am my temp was 99.1 and is fluctuating to 99.4. I have to say today I feel loads better, wouldn't even know my sinuses were bonkers yesterday!

I am a person who rarely gets fevers, fever with the flu 2 weeks ago, before that 4 years ago! So my normal daytime temp is 98.4-98.6.
99.2 - 99.4 is high for me.

Could this be a possible implantation sign? I am not sick and see no reason for elevated body temp during the day. As I said my temp is highly consistent as an adult. Any thoughts?

PS- I am about 9-10DPO, I say 9/10 because one day I woke up much earlier and really the temp even with adjuster isn't too accurate. I caved and tested yest. BFN of course early whether I was 8/9DPO.
Would appreciate any help!

https://fertilityfriend.com/home/4dc428

BBT is only used when you first wake up to predict and determine whether ovulation occurs. Taking your temperature during the day is just something you do to tell whether you're sick or not and it has nothing to do with whether you have had implantation. It will tell you whether you're running a fever, but nothing fertility related once you get out of bed. Sorry...best of luck!

Thanks! I am very familiar with BBT and temping. I know they are absolutely two different things. It was suggested that there is possibly a link between low grade fever and implantation so I sort of was hoping someone here had that experience. I am NOT sick so question is why is my temp higher? 99.1 - 99.3.
I have even read alot of posts from women with the same thing, and who were sick as a result of conceiving with colds and the flu. Guess I was hoping someone could share a positive experience if they were in the same situation as me.
I got this from another post on this site from a while back.

A low grade fever is common after fertilization and during early (very early) pregnancy. The fertilized egg (prior to implantation) and the embryo (post implantation) are treated by the body as a foreign body, hence the fever bump. It should be a low grade fever though, not 103 or anything crazy.
Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->