Hinchingbrooke Hospital Cambridgeshire 3d scans

fluffystar

3rd tri
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Does anyone know if Hinchingbrooke do private scans so we could get a 3d/4d one done here? I vaguely remember seeing a poster or something on the door when we had our 20 week scan but was so excited about finding out gender that I completely forgot about asking about 3d scans, doh!!!

I know that you canalso get them done at kiddicare in peterborough but wondered if they also do it here?

Thanks
Fluffy x

Sure they do, but I can't remember all the details. There is a poster up on the reception desk in MDAU. I think they do them on a Saturday too.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
J

Ah thanks jojo. Can I ask what MDAU is? Sorry if its an obvious one lol!!!

No worries, i've been back and forth so often i forget most people wouldn't know :) it's the Maternity day assessment unit. It's the entrance on the far right where it says rehabilitation. They do lots of the scans in there and any extra monitoring, though I had my normal scans in the treatment centre.

I know exactly where you mean now!! I went to see the physio the other week in that area for pelvic pain.
I should have asked my midwife about it when I went last week, but next appointment is not for 2 weeks at 28 weeks. I wondered about calling the community midwife number where you leave a message but thought they may think that a stupid question!

Hiya

Was up at Hinchingbrooke again today and grabbed one of the leaflets. You need to contact Mulberry Private Healthcare, contact details are on the main hospital website.

Hope that helps
x

Ooh that's great, thank you. Ill take a look x
you must be close to having your baby now, hope it all goes well x

They do yes :) my friend got one for free when they were testing out the new equipment (jammy cow!!)

They do yes :) my friend got one for free when they were testing out the new equipment (jammy cow!!)

Nice one!!! Im going to call them tomorrow and see how much they charge in comparison to kiddicare in Peterborough. Ill post on here for anyone else that comes acrosss the thread x

Thanks! Not long to go now :) Hoping to go naturally, but I have gestational diabetes so I'm booked in for induction on 2nd. At least I know she'll be here soon.

Hope you get a good scan
X

Sneaking in early but I'm interested in how much they charge :)

Right ladies, information as follows (I hope I can remember it all!!)-

Mulberry Private Health Care, Hinchingbrooke have 2 options for 4d scans:
- Option 1 £95 CD with 25-30 pictures, 5 black and white pics, 5-6 cine clips or short videos of baby moving
- Option 2 £120 As above but also with a 10-15 min DVD
- £10 extra to measure growth etc

They do them from 24 weeks to 32 but optimum time is 26 to 28 weeks as baby is both developed well and also has space to move around. The scans are done at the weekend on alternate weeks, next one being 1-2 June, then 15-16 June.

Baby bond at Kiddicare Peterborough (taken from website here)
-£119 30 minute extended diagnostic appointment, Babybond well-being checklist, Growth report with fetal weight estimation, sexing if requested, 2D and 3D b/w prints in sleeve, 1 x colour gloss 3D scan print
- £10 extra for a CD of images
- £25 extra for DVD recording of scan

Ive just turned 27 weeks and really want one of these as its the only time I think ill ever be pregnant, but was hoping it wasnt so expensive. But....booked it for next weekend as they only had one slot left and i'll be 28 weeks by then. Perhaps just wont tell Hubby how much it is!!!!!!

Ohh wish it didn't cost so much, I'd love one! Had a private scan with DD and it was only £50 but that's when I lived in Lincoln :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->