Hints & tips

MummyKP

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and hoping to start TTC in the next couple of months if I get my way with DH. We've recently got married, and he wants children, but right now he says he isn't ready, but I am so ready for our own little family.

I've been looking around for some things I can start doing in the hope that it will help us conceive. Obviously frolic acid, which I am going to start taking this week, but I weren't sure if there was anything else I could do to help? I've seen a few people mentioning OPKs, would you recommend these?

Thank you in advance ladies :)

I dont have any hints or tips, since I too am about to start TTC in a couple months, but I would also love to know how best to prepare for TTC so I'm gonna hang around and see what the other ladies say :flower:

Im starting on monday and ive started taking folic acid now and eat more healthier.
Good luck to you ladies!

If your cycles are irregular or you aren't super familiar with them, OPKs are handy. If you're super regular and you know your body really well, you probably don't need to pee on a stick to find out when you're ovulating. I used them as my cycle was irregular. Helped a lot.

We also used preseed. I don't know if it helped, but there are just so many people that post getting pregnant with it on the first cycle of using it. I did... but we had only tried two cycles before without.

I'd definitely work on getting into the habit of taking your vitamins. I found taking them after using mouthwash before bed was best. I took prenatals with DHA and Omega 3s from fish oil... it can leave a bad taste in your mouth (but the mouthwash covered it up). They made me a little queasy after I was pregnant, so going to bed right away helped.

Start tracking your cycles, so how long each cycle lasts, when you notice changes in discharge etc... It will give you an idea of when your fertile window is. This only works if not on hormonal bc though.

You could go all out an start charting your temperature to pinpoint ovulation but it's a pain and you'll probably not need it.

Good luck!

Hello!

I'm new to the forum too and am so ready to start ttc, but have to wait for now :(

What i have done/am doing to prepare for ttc, which i hope will make things easier when the time comes is this:
Start charting fertility signs (ovulation and what not), start exercise regimen, maintain weight, start eating organic, find ways to get more protein and start regularly eating things like kale, avocado, flax, chia seeds, and whatever else i learn is great for conception. I started doing yoga which is great and helps with stress/relaxation and there are some poses that are supposed to be good for fertility. Also take vitamins, organize the house and get rid of unnecessary stuff that just takes up space, try to remove toxins from the home and use natural cleaners and soaps. I also like to read books about pregnancy and birth and try to research the kind of birth experience i want/who are some possible care providers in my area.

probably a bit extra/OCD, but hey. I need something to occupy me during the wait! haha!

Hello!

I'm new to the forum too and am so ready to start ttc, but have to wait for now :(

What i have done/am doing to prepare for ttc, which i hope will make things easier when the time comes is this:
Start charting fertility signs (ovulation and what not), start exercise regimen, maintain weight, start eating organic, find ways to get more protein and start regularly eating things like kale, avocado, flax, chia seeds, and whatever else i learn is great for conception. I started doing yoga which is great and helps with stress/relaxation and there are some poses that are supposed to be good for fertility. Also take vitamins, organize the house and get rid of unnecessary stuff that just takes up space, try to remove toxins from the home and use natural cleaners and soaps. I also like to read books about pregnancy and birth and try to research the kind of birth experience i want/who are some possible care providers in my area.

probably a bit extra/OCD, but hey. I need something to occupy me during the wait! haha!

I too have started clearing out the house! Going through all the cupboards and getting rid of anything I dont need to make space for the new person who'll (fingers crossed) be joining us late next year. I have also started exercising especially because I have a weakness in my hip and I want to make sure I am as flexible as I can be to support pregnancy.

I have also started my folic acid as I want to have a couple months of taking it before TTC, and I have started eating more balanced meals.

I'm not sure if there really is anything more I can do just now except window-shop for baby things. Only two days ago I found myself checking out car seats in Halfords whilst the OH pottered about with car stuff :haha:

Thanks ladies.

This week I've been terrible and chosen the pram and the bedroom furniture I want lol not sure hubby appreciates it right now! Lol. I am just so ready for it now. I'm really hoping we will fall over Christmas for a September/October 2015 baby! I just need to get him into wanting it then too!

Haha!
yeah, I have definitely been doing window shopping as well. I have a journal where i have made note of like, all the things i want to buy in the first year. it will likely change some once we actually have the baby, but that isn't stopping me from making plans and window shopping! I would love to start buying things now, especially when i see really good deals, but i haven't had the guts to do it yet. lol

Thanks ladies.

This week I've been terrible and chosen the pram and the bedroom furniture I want lol not sure hubby appreciates it right now! Lol. I am just so ready for it now. I'm really hoping we will fall over Christmas for a September/October 2015 baby! I just need to get him into wanting it then too!

Ah you are on the same sort of timeline as me! I too am hoping for an Oct 2015 baby :flower: Here's hoping we are both lucky :happydance:

We had a chat last night and he said right now isn't great timing and he said we will discuss our situation in the new year (he's hoping to change career and wants this sorted before children) however I said we'll discuss in 6-8 weeks and he didn't say no lol so we'll see!! I cannot wait :)

Basal Body Temping was what really did it for me. I was on a non-hormonal birth control so I was able to start looking at my cycles before we started trying. I got my IUD out in June and got pregnant in July! I also used pre-seed and softcups just because I knew July was when I wanted to get pregnant. Sadly it didn't stick, but I think all of that really helped me catch the first available egg.

I'm a preseed believer! With ds, we'd been trying for months, and the first time we used it, we conceived!

Is preseed only available in America? I've never heard of it, not sure if there's a similar product in the UK

Mummy Kp, its available on Amazon in UK or conceive plus is the same the of thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->