HIP Grant, Ive emailed The Sun news paper

Status
Not open for further replies.

karenal

Reaction score
As everyone appears to be moaning about the back log, me included, Ive emailed the Sun paper about the issue, as its another example of how bad the government are with paying us what we are entitled to, such as the student loan total mess up.
However if we owe them, then there is no time, just have to pay, ie overpaid tax credits for example.

Will let you know if I hear anything back from the Sun.

I think we are lucky to have a government who pay us anything at all. Think of our poor counterparts in the US...

I got mine in two weeks so can't complain and i thing i got the surestart one within a week! x

i got mine within a week and confirmation of my MA within 10 days

i applyed about 3 months ago!! and havent got it yet, midwife signed dates wrong, i complaimed ages ago again about it, and stil nuthin! im goona phone up again the now

Iv still not got mine and its been 6 weeks now, dont look like i will get it befor xmas, but its still money we wouldnt normally recieve, so im trying my hardest not to moan to much lol x

Hi All

Ive been waiting 3wks which i dont think is to bad considering the baby boom at the moment, the amount of forms they must of received must be high as loads of ppl are due around the same time.

i waited about 6 weeks i think - its not a prob unless your desparate for the cash tho i suppose!
but your right, they should pay on time, we do! x

im still waiting for mine, been a month now. Hoping its gunna go in the next couple of days as a lot of other ladies have been recieving theirs, but it is a joke IMO. xx

i think we're all lucky enough to get it in the first place... not all 'benefits' are given to everyone, just be grateful that you'll get it eventually.. a few years ago you didnt get any money unless you were qualified for it.

and when our parents had us, they had no help during pregnancy!

it'll come eventually :)
just sit back and wait.

though i do think its annoying that the majority of people have to wait ages, when i only got mine within a week. but making sure all the info and stuff is correct before you send it helps them to put it through quicker.

fingers crossed yours turns up soon x

i think we're all lucky enough to get it in the first place... not all 'benefits' are given to everyone, just be grateful that you'll get it eventually.. a few years ago you didnt get any money unless you were qualified for it.

and when our parents had us, they had no help during pregnancy!

it'll come eventually :)
just sit back and wait.

though i do think its annoying that the majority of people have to wait ages, when i only got mine within a week. but making sure all the info and stuff is correct before you send it helps them to put it through quicker.

fingers crossed yours turns up soon x

This isnt a benefit though... its something that every pregnant woman is entitled to, and personally i dont think its very fair that some people have got it within a matter of days, but then people who are really struggling have had to wait weeks and weeks for it.

Its got nothing to do with incorrect info on the form, they currently have an 8 week backlog which was due to the royal mail strikes that happened for 2 days a few weeks ago. A lot of women dont even get the form till 28 or 29 weeks when they see their midwife, so were not even gunna get it until like 36/37 weeks pregnant. IMO thats rediculous when its supposed to be used for keeping yourself healthy during pregnancy.

Anyway, rant over lol, i think were all grateful for the money, just wish the HIP people would sort themselves out! :blush: :flower:

I know what your saying about how we have to wait but the minute we owe them its like must be done yesterday type thing :growlmad: I Try to look at it though as money i wasnt expecting when i got bfp so im trying to put it out my mind and wait for a nice suprise when it appears :)

xxx

my MA took 8 weeks to sort out...

my hip grant was refused because luisa was born ealry and i couldnt get a form from the mw until after she was born.. it took them weeks to write and tell me this even though i phoned regulary and kept being told its on its way! i then had to appeal and 2 weeks later it was in my bank...

ssmg- was in my bank about 4 days after i applied i was gobsmacked lol

Ive been waiting 3 weeks, when i phoned them they told me the backlog was up to 8 weeks x

If the backlog is caused by Royal Mail we can't blame the government for it. I think we have to remember that this is quite a new thing and has only been around for about a year.

Yes the differences in times is not great but you will get it eventually. Keep calling and it will turn up I'm sure.

how can a 2 day strike cause an 8 week back log though? At first we was told 3 weeks, which then increased to 6 weeks, which is now at 8 weeks. Fair enough its not their fault royal mail went on strike, but 8 weeks is rediculous.

Im sure we will get it eventually, its just so annoying. Me and oh are really struggling money wise, and are relying on the grant to finish of lo's bits he needs. Without it we'd be stuffed so thats why im anxious to get it. x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"