HIP Grant, Ive emailed The Sun news paper

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think its fair at all to complain about money being GIVEN to us for NO reason, we should just be gratefull and wait untill it arrives,
Yes its annoying some people got theirs faster than others but god sake, its christmas, royal mail are the culprit, not the government, they went on strike, not the HIP grant people. There is a baby boom just now and they are doing their best.
I personally expected to wait around 6 weeks, and to be honest, coming from a broke single on benefits mum to be, if 190 is what your dependant on for the baby its a bit worrying. Its not even going to buy much, And im not saying people dont need the money, god knows i did. But at the end of the day it wont buy a lot. 1 2 or maybe 3 things. Cant you wait and get them?
Dont think its fair to write to a newspaper, esp not one thats full of crap. The government dont have to give us this money. Its extra and should be looked apon as a little extra bonus. If you got pregnant 2 years ago, u wouldnt of got it. what would you of done if your dependant on it? I got mine in 10 days and have saved it. I personally think its a bit selfish to complain about free money.

I dont think you can complain when its free money!!

People have managed for plenty of years before now without £190 from the government!

if 190 is what your dependant on for the baby its a bit worrying. Its not even going to buy much,

Im planning on getting the bits i need for my hospital bag with it... pj's, knickers, nightie that kind of thing. Then whatever I have left will be used to get my breast pump, and a few more toiletries for finnley. My husband works full time on a low wage, and as i dont qualify for any maternity pay... money is really tight at the mo :cry: we only jus manage to cover our bills each month and dont have any spare money to ourselves so i cant even afford to buy myself a pack of nick-nocks for the hospital :cry: We have all the main things for bubbs, so its not like im dependant on it for him, i mean we have clothes, pram, cot, bedding etc.

Anyways, im gunna stop posting on this thread now lol, just hope everyone whos still waiting gets their money soon x

well i wasnt meaning it like that, i did say i needed all the money i could get, however, its very new and what would people of done a year ago when it wasnt even available? im very gratefull, i get 50 pounds a week and cant afford a thing for myself, im not saying it because i have money because i dont. But its a bit ridiculous to write to a newspaper about FREE money being delayed. (esp when its not even their fault its royal mails, - and the strike wasnt 2 days, it lasted 2 days once, then there was another one the week later, )

its very new and what would people of done a year ago when it wasnt even available?

Then they wouldnt have expected it and relied on it thinking "great, i can use that £190 were gunna get for that" :shrug:

Anyways, wasn't me that wrote to the Sun lol x

This isnt a benefit though... its something that every pregnant woman is entitled to, and personally i dont think its very fair that some people have got it within a matter of days, but then people who are really struggling have had to wait weeks and weeks for it.

Its got nothing to do with incorrect info on the form, they currently have an 8 week backlog which was due to the royal mail strikes that happened for 2 days a few weeks ago. A lot of women dont even get the form till 28 or 29 weeks when they see their midwife, so were not even gunna get it until like 36/37 weeks pregnant. IMO thats rediculous when its supposed to be used for keeping yourself healthy during pregnancy.

Anyway, rant over lol, i think were all grateful for the money, just wish the HIP people would sort themselves out! :blush: :flower:

well in a way its a literall benefit of being pregnant (if you know what i mean :wacko:) and yeah its not at all fair people wait silly amounts of time for it. but the people sorting the claims can't tell who is struggling and who isn't so it's just one of those annoying life things :(

and i agree (again haha). i think midwives should make sure people get the form ASAP! Like you said, the whole point of it is to use it to keep yourself healthy during pregnancy.

i don't blame royal mail guys or hip people im pretty sure they're doing all they can and aren't sitting on their bums, could you just imagine ALL THAT PAPERWORK :dohh: i would NOT like their jobs.

it should be straight forward though as EVERYONE is entitled to it xx

- just annoys me that its 'free money' as other ladies said, we shouldnt complain about it, you'll get it eventually, just imagine what other people did before it came along! x

I Applied today but not bothered how long it takes as we're lucky to get anything off them!

kerrie - like the majority, you should get it asap :) so don't you worry x

its very new and what would people of done a year ago when it wasnt even available?

Then they wouldnt have expected it and relied on it thinking "great, i can use that £190 were gunna get for that" :shrug:

Shouldnt rely on it so much anyways the government IS always full of delays.

anyways, i know it wasnt you who wrote to the sun. I just think its ridic to complain to a newspaper about it. Just ring up HIP and ask them about it, as anything with the gov u have to keep on at them.

Also, wouldnt say its up to the midwives to give it to you ASAP, its up to you to ask for it and apply as soon as you can. my midwife didnt have anything to do with mine, i printed it off internet and GP signed it. you dont have to wait for midwives, take initiative

At the end of the day, if its 4-8 weeks later you recieve it... so what?? You will still get it before the baby is born and have enough time to go and buy what you had planned to! I'm just classing the £190 as a bonus and already have EVERYTHING for our baby... Il probably just get my hospital bag sorted with it, but im not going to come on here and moan about it being late... Its FREE money, so you CAN'T complain!!

anyways, i know it wasnt you who wrote to the sun. I just think its ridic to complain to a newspaper about it. Just ring up HIP and ask them about it, as anything with the gov u have to keep on at them.

Also, wouldnt say its up to the midwives to give it to you ASAP, its up to you to ask for it and apply as soon as you can. my midwife didnt have anything to do with mine, i printed it off internet and GP signed it. you dont have to wait for midwives, take initiative

I managed to get my form off my midwife at 26 weeks, BUT that was only after numerous phone calls to her as she wouldnt give it to me until my appointment at 29 weeks. The appointment with her before then is at 24 weeks and she couldnt give it to me then which was understandable. It was only after explaining to her that I wanted to get it sent off asap that she agreed to give it to me. My GP wasnt helpful at all when I asked if he could do anything.

So i was lucky to actually get the form at 26 weeks, but I know a lot of other ladies have had to wait and not been able to send it off till much later, no fault of their own.

At the end of the day, if its 4-8 weeks later you recieve it... so what??

Because the purpose of the grant is to ensure you stay healthy during pregnancy!! Its really not much use if you get it at 35+ weeks when your considered full term at 37 weeks :dohh:

That only works if your Dr will sign it! At my Drs, only the Midwife will sign it. I called and asked her to sign a form for me and was told that I had to wait for my next appointment. So I think you saying take initiative is rather unfair as it doesn't always work.

Because the purpose of the grant is to ensure you stay healthy during pregnancy!! Its really not much use if you get it at 35+ weeks when your considered full term at 37 weeks :dohh:

but your not using it to stay healthy in pregnancy your using it for your hospital bag

LOL this thread is making me laugh that people will actually MOAN about getting free money! Like anyone is really going to use it on 'health' in pregnancy... i very much doubt they will be doing.

my point was someone said it should be up to the midwives to hand it out ASAP, but its not. ITs up to US as pregnant women to get it, whether it means hassling the midwives, or the gp.

but your not using it to stay healthy in pregnancy your using it for your hospital bag

Only because we already have a shopping budget which covers food etc. I could do it the other way around and use my shopping money to get my hospital bits, and then the grant money for healthy food... it doesnt really matter does it?

Only because we already have a shopping budget which covers food etc. I could do it the other way around and use my shopping money to get my hospital bits, and then the grant money for healthy food... it doesnt really matter does it?

No in which case it doesnt matter how long it takes to get it does it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"