Hip Pain....and ER info

maybebaby2009

Me, Myself, & I plus Dog
Reaction score
This is in regards to my post : https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-first-trimester/117327-brown-implantation-turned-dark-red-clots.html

Well I went to the ER last night. But of course they didnt do anything.
I noticed that I had like pinch pain in my left side (ovary) and it felt like burning when I touched it got so freaked out cause i thought I had an etopic although the right ovary is hurting too a bit but not when I press on it. When I had a BM i saw light pink/orange blood

Anyhow...i was right. They didnt do anything but give me a urine test that test for HCG levels higher than 30.

They took my blood and then I found out they didnt even test my blood HCG levels. I was SO FUCKING SUPER PISSED OFF!!! Cause the other times i had etopic they only found it via blood work.

Anyhow...the pain was gone by the time the doc visited me 40 min later after Iarrive :rofl: but she did press in the spot and i felt a bit of the pain...however, it wasnt as strong as when I was at home...

Then she felt and pressed other areas and it made me wanna vomit...and then she said, "its our job to treat emergencies and I suggest u visit your doctor tomorrow. I will go and view your blood work for HCG levels and be back to see you." Well she NEVER came back! and then the nurse came with discharge papers. So I asked for a printout of my test results and then he took like 30 min!!!! then he gave me the URINE results and i had to GO BACK and say no I wanna see my blood work that tested for hcg levels since u said that I am not pregnant. He played around on the computer for 10 min and then confess, "Im sorry but they are not uploaded to the computer system.! U can call later"

I am thinking at this point, "what the flying fu**ck! How can the doc claim that she checked the blood work and then never come back and i KNOW that she didnt call the lab"

I left and on the drive home called the ER doc again and asked her about the HCG blood results. She told me, "Well i didnt test those for you." I asked, "i come here scared, havent had my period and u tell me u didnt test my blood for HCG!!!" she claimed that their urine test is highly sensitive and that it starts to detect hcg at 30.

:sleep: Is she fucking dumb? that is NOT highly sensitive when 1st Responce, Answer and EPT start at 15hcg!!! What a dum idiot! I told her one of the etopics that I had was only found via blood and my levels were high 20-30s when i started spotting...I asked why the hell she didnt do my blood work! and told her that now both my sides are hurting from her pressing on me!

She said, "I dont believe u have etopic but I know u need to follow up with your doctor."

So I go tomorrow.

Today my right hip has been hurting. BADDDDD too. And I have some numbess feeling in my upper thigh/groin here and there...but groin pain is gone now though..but my hip hurts so bad!! It feels like someone wacked me with a baseball bat. I am having a small limp when i walk.

The nausea was worst today as I vomited like 3 times.

No cramps or anything. Still heavy feeling on my bottom...and a rather larger lower bloat that got this girl asking me how far along I was...LOL. I told her..im bloated I guess sorry.

No blood or anything today not even when I went to have a Bmovement.

So I guess I just wait to see what the doctor says. My hip hurts and I wonder if I have to go to another doc for that....or if I am preggers and that is why it hurts. I do have a tilted uterus.

Advice ladies. I just spent the past hour crying cause I am too lazy to fold my clothes and super depressed as I am sleeping 5 hours during the afternoon for the past week.

I notice that I have a low fever too this past week from 99.5-100.8
Although I dont feel a flu or anything coming on.

hmmm i have been having fluttering butterfly feelings...

Oh gosh hun, I'm so sorry you're going through this....it sounds like the ER doc was truly craptastic. Honestly I don't think docs who aren't OB/GYN's know what they're talking about when it comes to pregnancy, especially what goes on this early. I don't think my doctor even knew the rate that HcG levels are supposed to double until I told him. I forgive him though because he's an awesome doc otherwise, just not trained in this area, as I'm sure ER doctors aren't either. It's still awful feeling like you know more than your doc.

Can your doctor refer you to an OB/GYN for an emergency appt? I had a very early mc last month...basically my HcG went from 62 to 49 over two days and I knew then and there it was over. I found this out around 4 or 5PM and my doc called me first thing the next morning and I was in an OB/GYN office by noon that day. The HcG result was the one and only clue, I had no bleeding or cramping, but I was given an emergency appt. anyway. Surely your doc could do the same, especially with what's going on with you? If your doc is worth anything he/she will give you a blood test for sure and you can ask for the results "stat," and you may know as soon as an hour or two later. Good luck hon I'll be pulling for you...
:hug::hugs:

WELL, the doc i see tomorrow is a GYNO so i am safe there. Although I had to be the one to tell him about Progesterone after my last miscarriage. I hate having to teach doctors! When he told me that I was late for my period and that he felt I was probably indeed pregnant as I have read most doc would already have started to put someone on progesterone....but he wanted to wait for the blood work and then has been gone and unavailable for a whole week. He is in on Monday so I will return and tell him i didnt get my period expect for some spotting. Cause he told me that I was ovulating and welll if i ovulate and am not preggers than i should get a normal period like all the other months in my life. So i hope for the best tomorrow.

Is there a medical review board to report her to? I'm usually quick to defend doctors, but this woman sounds negligent in her care. True, you may not be an emergency in the sense that you will die if you aren't seen that moment, but to have blood drawn then to not test what was supposed to be tested and to not come back when she said she would - she needs a fine or something levied against her to not do this again.

I'm sorry you had to go through an ER visit like this. They usually suck.

My doc took new blood today. So I cannot wait for the morning to see if everything is ok still

Thanks. Doc checked me out and no etopic or abnormal swellings in the ovaries/tubes. This is good news! I feel nasuea today as well. I have never been so happy for naseua in my life! hahahahaha. The hip and groin pain is a bit uncozy but i will take what ever my sympotms give me and love it all the way! and be grateful for ever minute of it.

Thx ladies. I woke at 5am today with achy ribs so I decided to clean a bit then I vomited and about to lay down and wait for info in another hour ok!!!!

Got some yellow discharge too... Mucus plug? I hope so. I know it's not infection or anything. So I hopeful

Just to throw this out there...your hip pain sounds like it could be sciatica? This can be related or unrelated to pregnancy...maybe you can bring that possibility up to your doc...fingers x for great test results!

Ditto - I have got sciatica bad at mo, only started about 3 weks ago so presuming its pregnancy related!! It is bad!!

Amy xx

wild. So the doctor hasn't said much about the pain?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->