Hip pain at night

Peanutt

Reaction score
They say this is more common in second and third trimester, but I already have it. :(
I've got a full body pillow I put between my knees and keep my knees bent, but I still get such awful hip pain that it wakes me up. The only relief is to sleep on my back which they say is bad for mom and baby.
Then they ache for the first few hours of the day and eventually stop as I'm moving around only to restart overnight.

Anyone with suggestions?

I've been getting this as well. The pillow between the knees helps a bit but lying on my back is the only way it goes away. If you're worried about lying on your back for a long time (I move constantly while I sleep), place a pillow under your right hip to elevate it a bit. I worked in the operating room and this is what they do for pregnant women having surgery.

Thank you Summer June. I'll try that. I feel like an old lady at night lol!

I get this too. I had it really bad in my last pregnancy. My hips just go completely numb and as soon as i move the pain kicks in. I guess it's just the extra weight in the pelvis. Laying on my back makes me feel dizzy when i wake up so i guess the only way for me is to tough it out.

I get this too. I had it really bad in my last pregnancy. My hips just go completely numb and as soon as i move the pain kicks in. I guess it's just the extra weight in the pelvis. Laying on my back makes me feel dizzy when i wake up so i guess the only way for me is to tough it out.

I feel weird too if I lay on my back too long. I'm going to try Summer's suggestion of stuffing a pillow under my hip. By the time all is said and done, I might have a pillow fortress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->