hip pain

craftymum

Mum to Jacob and Jenna
Reaction score
since I was about 20 weeks I've been having pain in my groin area and lately when I get out of bed it makes crunching noises, everytime I've been to my antenatal appointments the Doctor just tells me it's normal and doesn't even examine the areas or seem at all concerned, today I was out and found that the pain is now in my hip and it gets really sore when I was walking then when I came home and sat down, whatever way I got up this sharp pain just seared down my buttock on the same side, surely this just can't all be normal? I have my next antenatal on Tuesday next week but knowing my luck when I go in that'll be the morning where I'm not in pain at all!

Hey hun..
Sorry you are in so much pain. I was having the exact same thing in my right hip.. Walking was agony, it felt like my hip was going to pop out at all times! I didn't really mention it to anyone as I thought it was down to gaining so much weight and my body didn't like it (stupid me). But I still have the pain now and had a lot of pain in my hip during labour (despite having an epidural). So I would honestly suggest talking to your doctor/midwife etc and see what they think you can do now to help the pain..
Good luck.. I hope you manage to get it looked at xxx

thanks, I'm sorry you had such a hard time with yours. I don't see a midwife as the GP runs the antenatal clinics in my surgery and to be honest they are useless I have been telling her about this pain every time and she just says uh huh and tells me it's all to be expected without even examining me even when my hubby's been with me and told her how I couldn't walk one day and was really hobbling in pain. I can't put it down to weight gain as I have hyperemesis so have hardly put on any weight at all. I guess I will try again when I'm there next week and see if she actually listens for a change.

Hiya... not sure if my problem is quite the same as yours as mine is fine when I am up and about, and my hip is only sore when I wake up. Anyway my local health board runs a sort of open access physio service for pregnant ladies and I managed to get an appointment with them... not sure if the same exists in your area?

Anyway, a great tip they told me that I found really helpful is to sleep on my side but keeping my knees together and my ankles together with a pillow between my legs. I think it has really helped to keep my hips aligned when I am asleep although it took some getting used to.

Also, I've always been a wee bit curvy with quite a narrow waist (ok, it's not as narrow as it was!) so the physio also suggested putting a pillow under my waist/ribs when I am on my side - that seems to ease the pressure on my hips a bit as well. She also said in my case the more mobile I can be the better, but not sure if you have the opposite problem!

Not sure if any of this will help you, but hope you figure something out soon xx

that's good there's an open physio in your area, nothing like that here I'm afraid, mine seems to get worse when I'm walking and I end up limping about like an old woman in need of a hip replacement! I'm not really that curvy so pillow under my waist just annoys me I will mention it to my GP again on Tues but I'm sure she'll just dismiss it again like she does evrything else I've asked her about throughout this pregnancy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->