Hip seat and mei tai questions

Cattia

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Someone started a thread about the hippychick hip seat in baby club the other day and this has got me wanting one! :blush: I carry Abigail on my hip a lot (just seems the most comfortable way) but was wondering, is this in your opinion the best hip carrier, or would you recommend any others?

Also, I made her a mei tai which was great for a while, but now she doesn't like to be facing inwards, and there also seems to be nowhere to put her legs as they are too long to go inside the tai but too short to hang over the edges! Anyone got any ideas about how to tie it differnently so it's a bit more comfy for her? I feel she's a bit young to go on my back just yet.

Thanks ladies :)

how are you positioning her in the Tai? Make sure her bum is scooted right down in the fabric so her legs are in a froggy position.

i have a hippychick, and i personally dont get on with it all that well but my son is 2, so much heavier than yours :lol: My DH loves it, though. we tried a scootababy hip carrier and that is really quite nice :) very expensive, though, and i wouldnt have found it comfy as baby got heavier. some people love them, though!

Have you considered wrapping? I used to carry my son at 4 months in a Kari-Me wrap sling and he loved facing outwards in it :)

Thanks for all these suggestions. I love the look of the scootababy but a bit too pricey I think, even second hand :(

Abigail has reeeeeeeally long legs which may be the problem with the mei tai. Even in froggy position she is all crunched up in it. Maybe in a few more weeks she will be OK to sit with her legs hanging out. Is there any way you can hip carry with the mei tai?

you *can* hip carry with the mei tai but from what i've heard its awkward and not very comfy. there are plenty of video's on you tube though demonstrating how to do it, ive never tried it but im sure there are some people who get on well with it :)

My connecta came with an extra strap that you could use to make the seat thinner for smaller legs. Maybe something like that so her legs can hang out comfortably? (connecta sell these seperatley aswell :) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->