Hit in stomach twice

I don't know that it's inappropriate to suggest that someone explore their anxiety issues on a deeper level. The OP has expressed extreme concern about a number of fairly benign issues (water, pillows...) to a level that that might exceed run-of-the-mill pregnancy nerves, and be interfering with her happiness.

If someone was describing symptoms of hyperemesis, it would not be inappropriate to suggest they might benefit from medical attention. I interpret Amygdala's suggestion as coming from a similar place of concern, not judgment.

I agree, I don't think it's inappropriate. I think it comes from a very caring place to suggest looking deeper into someone's anxieties/fears whilst pregnant. Starlight likely has no real psychological issue, however it might benefit to just talk with a 3rd party counselor (or something of that sort), so she could start enjoying her pregnancy rather than worrying about it so much.
I had extreme anxiety with my 2nd pregnancy and I wish I had seen a counselor or someone to talk to because not only had my anxiety affected me deeply but it affected my relationship with my husband alot too in a negative way. That anxiety resulted in sever PPD after baby was born (not saying this will happen but knowledge is power).

I think it's a great suggestion to seek help when anxiety gets the best of us. Only positive can come from it and no one is suggesting a psychological issue, just a means to help out.

I just think the issue is that nowadays we have to label everything...when the reality of it, is that majority of the time it's just normal...if there is an issue then YES go seek help. Just don't throw labels onto people, when you don't know the person. That's all.

I don't know that it's inappropriate to suggest that someone explore their anxiety issues on a deeper level. The OP has expressed extreme concern about a number of fairly benign issues (water, pillows...) to a level that that might exceed run-of-the-mill pregnancy nerves, and be interfering with her happiness.

If someone was describing symptoms of hyperemesis, it would not be inappropriate to suggest they might benefit from medical attention. I interpret Amygdala's suggestion as coming from a similar place of concern, not judgment.

I agree, I don't think it's inappropriate. I think it comes from a very caring place to suggest looking deeper into someone's anxieties/fears whilst pregnant. Starlight likely has no real psychological issue, however it might benefit to just talk with a 3rd party counselor (or something of that sort), so she could start enjoying her pregnancy rather than worrying about it so much.
I had extreme anxiety with my 2nd pregnancy and I wish I had seen a counselor or someone to talk to because not only had my anxiety affected me deeply but it affected my relationship with my husband alot too in a negative way. That anxiety resulted in sever PPD after baby was born (not saying this will happen but knowledge is power).

I think it's a great suggestion to seek help when anxiety gets the best of us. Only positive can come from it and no one is suggesting a psychological issue, just a means to help out.

I just think the issue is that nowadays we have to label everything...when the reality of it, is that majority of the time it's just normal...if there is an issue then YES go seek help. Just don't throw labels onto people, when you don't know the person. That's all.

Yes I do see where you're coming from in that regard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->