Holding Doors Open

juliep

Reaction score
Do you hold the door open for others?

Have a male friend who has decided he is transgender and now lives life as a woman. Recently he was telling me how he learning female etiquette, like not holding the doors open and getting into lifts first.

I hold doors open for both male and female, I wait my turn in a queue to the lift.

How about everyone else?

I also hold the doors open for people, but i do expect a thankyou...I hate it when people dont say thankyou!!!

Oh and i always wait my turn too!

I also hold the doors open for people, but i do expect a thankyou...I hate it when people dont say thankyou!!!

Oh and i always wait my turn too!

Same here. I don't think it should be a gender thing :shrug:

I always hold the door open for others, Many times dont get a thank you but it dosent matter :)

I live in a city with a large population of men who are of a culture that consider women to be livestock, so I'm used to having doors slammed in my face and sadly I'm beginning to forget to hold them open for others as well because I'm so distracted by being angry at them.
When I visit my parents who live far, far away, I hold them open for everyone behind me.

I always hold the door open x x x

I hold doors open and wait my turn at lifts. I hate it when people don't say thank you and when people push in lift queues. I don't think its down to gender its down to common courtesy.

I hold doors open and wait my turn at lifts. I hate it when people don't say thank you and when people push in lift queues. I don't think its down to gender its down to common courtesy.

What Sprout said 100%

i hold doors open for others, and i wait my turn although i do find men do let me get into the lift 1st 9 times out of 10

I hold doors open for anyone and I doesn't make any difference what gender the person is. It is just courtesy to hold the door open.
I don't expect a thanks either though as I think it is just rude if I slammed the door in someones face.
Lifts: For me it is first come first serve.

I hold doors open, I couldn't just let a door slam in someone's face I'd feel so rude and guilty! It's definitely not a gender thing as I do it for everyone.

I always hold the door open for everyone, and if i see somebody with a pram/wheelchair etc il wait until theyre near the door to let them through first. Manners cost nothing and its my good deed for the day :)

I always hold doors open for people. I normally only ever use lifts with the girls' and as the pushchair takes up a lot of room, if people are waiting I normally let them get in first to judge if I can fit in too, if not we wait for the next one. I also give my seat up on a bus too. I have even done this whilst pregnant and on crutches as other people didn't have the manners to let an elderly lady with a walking stick sit down :growlmad:. This is just the way my parents raised me and I hope to bring my girls' up with the same respect and manners for others.

I hold doors open for everyone. It bugs me when people don't say thankyou though it's just courtesy x

I always hold doors open and I wait my turn to get in the lift too! I think things like that are just politeness, doesn't matter what gender you are.

I always hold doors open for people, its just manners. I do expect a thank you though, that's also just polite.

I do find men let me go first nearly all the time but I always say thank you and I don't just assume I wait for them to offer.

I always hold doors open and would never expect to be let in a lift first because I'm a woman. Just common courtesy really.
The way I see it even if a person doesn't say thanks to me it may make them think to hold a door for someone else where they usually wouldn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->