Holiday Inn Express THEFT!!

Becci_Boo86

Reaction score
Well we went to stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Nuneaton Coventry on the weekend for our bestfriend's wedding. we checked in the Friday at about 11pm. I asked for a spare duvet as my husband wanted a good nights sleep and since it was only a double bed we thought be best to have a spare duvet for him. we got told nope cant do that but we could have a twin room. we said thats fine and that we were staying 2 nights. they sorted it all and we went up to our room. the room was lovely very clean and like a primere inn it was that nice.

we got up on the saturday had breakfast then went back to our room got everything out that we needed then left at 10.10am. had the wedding and got back to the hotel at midnight.

When we got up to our room our key card wouldnt work. so i went down stair and they said oh Mr Hoopers room 329 i was like yes here is your card it should work now!

went back upstairs opened the door and all our stuff had gone!! i went mental!! i went back down stair to be told that they had had a computer error and the housekeeping staff had cleared our room. they put all our stuff in BLACK BIN BAGS and but them behind the reception desk. i went mental!!! how dare they touch our stuff and put them into a bin bag.

i said if i was the housekeeping staff and i walked into a room full of clothes, phone chargers, tooth brushes etc.. i would of called down to the desk to check to see if they guests had booked into the room for a second night!!

i then took my stuff back to my room and as i am unpacking everything i noticed that things were missing!!

My silver Watch from my mum, my Olay face wipes and expensive facecream, my cheap Tesco shampoo (full bottle) which i left in the shower, my sally handson nail varnish and my purple nail varnish were gone!!

i was in tears! i ran back down this time and slammed my key card on the counter and they just looked at me i was like sort it!! the guy was like what do u want me to do?? i said call the hotel manager here right now he said he cant she is in Paris! i was like right i want to speak to the police then.

i called police they said i needed to call back in the morning as it was 2am by this point!!

the guy on the desk said there was a depty manager in at 7am i was like right well i will be down here at 6.50am and i will be waiting on the sofa in the reception are for her!!

i didnt sleep on bit. i went down at 6.50am to then be told she wasnt in and that i would have to wait till monday to speak to her!!! i was like so u lied to me and told me she was in and now ur saying she isnt!! he then told me if i kept speaking to him he would kick us out of out room right there and then!!!

i was like give me the fone i'm calling the police myself now!!

i called them and they said they would call me back within the hour i was in so much shock by the way he spoke to me!!

when they called they said the day staff were going to interview the housekeeping women when she came with the manager! i was like how she is in paris the police officer said no she isnt!!!

i was then about to scream!! i walked and they told me a completely different story!! at the point i just wanted to go home.

i waited till 11am that morning to see what was happening. the guy on the desk said he was going to interview the girl at 12noon aswell as her supervisor and they needed a traslator as none of them could talk english or write in english!!

when i did call the manager i got told from here " that i'm off work i'm not helping u now f**k off" then she hung up on me!!!

so today now i'm home i have called head office and i'm waiting for a call. i called them at 8.30am and they said the manger would call me back today.

i thought she was in Paris but no she is in work 2day shocking!!!!

i'm now not sure what to do what if they say she never took my stuff!!!!:'(

WTF the MANAGER told you to fuck off? If they don't replace cost of ALL items I'd be going to the papers. That's absolutely appalling!

It seems like they have made an error when transferring you to a different room and like you say when the hk saw there was stuff in the twin room communication should have been made to front office to look into and see who it was.

I work in a hotel and we have this alot, guests booked in for one night but should be 2 etc. we NEVER remove belongings!! A key card will be cut so the occupier cant get in if we havent already worked out whats going on.

And the fact no one else was in that room they obv wernt fully booked so could have easily left the items in there.

One thing though its likely the person on shift at midnight had nothing to do with the earlier issues of hk and putting your stuff in binbags and its very difficult to help someone when they are shouting at you.

I would hope they are conducting a thorough investigation you may find your stuff is found if not they should reimburse you full costs of your items as it wasnt you who ''lost'' them.

i have just had a email saying that i have to claim from MY insurance for the stuff taken!!!!!!!

i have just had a email saying that i have to claim from MY insurance for the stuff taken!!!!!!!

Keep pushing and speak to the highest ranked person you can, id email an account of exactly what happened, list what has been taken and state what was said to you but try not to go into too much you're this you're that .. the fact speak for themselves you have had items stolen.

Do you have a crime ref no? If so include that and basically just dont o away until you receive a cheque.

I'm waiting on the police to call me back i have called them and they are going to call the hotel and see what they have to say! they have a thing on the wall sayin about public insurance so i know they will have to pay for it xx

That is appalling - it sickens me because as guests you put your faith into others with your belongings and yet they see this an excuse to steal your OWN personal belongings.

I would of went f*cking mad too, how dare they! i hope you get least get some sort of compensation even if you cant get your belongings back :hugs:

That's terrible I hope you get your stuff or something back! X

Thats awful ..I second that you should definitely get a crime reference number so that this can't all just disappear x

WTF the MANAGER told you to fuck off? If they don't replace cost of ALL items I'd be going to the papers. That's absolutely appalling!

I agree with this. I can't believe any hotel would treat it's guests like this and that manager couldn't care less, she should of been straight in to sort it out even if it was her day off.
I hope you get your stuff back
:flower:

Well i have had a call from the police and the manager said to them that i need to claim off my own insurance but the police women said it was in ur hotel so i need to claim off theres.

i have now contacted the headoffice and i'm waiting on a call back!! my blood is still boiling i feel like i'm being passed onto another person after another just because they dont want to take responsibility for it!!!

x

wow that's shocking the way they have handled that and there language absolutely disgusting!! Id be taking it to the local paper let everyone know what they are like.......

Unfortunately i had a similar thing happen to me about 4 years ago now were a tesco's worker stole my bad with my prada mobile (brand new 1 week old) my purse, another mobile and everything else in my bag, they and the police couldn't do anything as there was lack of proof when i saw the bloke take it but i didn't realize what he took at the time so i really hope you get your belongings back or compensation for them.

I can't believe they asked you to claim off YOUR insurance! What a joke! I hope you get compensated for this. xx

I've been around the hotel trade for years, my mum has been a head housekeeper for over 20 years and I've been a housekeeper and receptionist. There is no way we would ever have done that, we'd simply double check the booking with the front office. We wouldn't be able to even touch the stuff, never have I even moved personal belongings to clean. We were always told if things are lying around, clean around it, and then we weren't responsible us anything moved or went missing. Putting them in black bags , is awful, and the attitude that's followed is disgusting. Have you spoken with their head office?

They were at fault, they moved your stuff when you had paid for the room. It's their liability and their insurance

Omg!
This is beyond shocking, what disgusting behaviour from the staff and the so called manager. It's clear the thief had a key to ur room seen as they moved ur stuff.

I'd be on the phone to head office until they spoke to me then and there and I'd also send them a bill for my phone calls.

It's horrible ur not going to get ur stuff bk but I hope u get something.
U can buy padlocks for bags, when travelling I always lock things away when I leave my room. Can't trust anyone anymore

I've been around the hotel trade for years, my mum has been a head housekeeper for over 20 years and I've been a housekeeper and receptionist. There is no way we would ever have done that, we'd simply double check the booking with the front office. We wouldn't be able to even touch the stuff, never have I even moved personal belongings to clean. We were always told if things are lying around, clean around it, and then we weren't responsible us anything moved or went missing. Putting them in black bags , is awful, and the attitude that's followed is disgusting. Have you spoken with their head office?

They were at fault, they moved your stuff when you had paid for the room. It's their liability and their insurance

^^ this I'm a hotel duty manager and would never ever ever remove someone's stuff from the room, you always check with reception and even then I would assume we had the wrong check out date on the computer rather than remove someone's stuff, and if on the off chance we did it would be two managers and we would document everything - so things like this don't happen. take this all the way, THEY are in the wrong xx

I agree with this. I can't believe any hotel would treat it's guests like this and that manager couldn't care less, she should of been straight in to sort it out even if it was her day off.
I hope you get your stuff back

She's entitled to a day off same as anyone else :shrug: The person acting manager for that day should have.

anyway, terrible customer service :shock: I appreciate mistakes happen and computing errors occur but the attitude of staff after the incident is awful!

There should always be a duty manager on shift to handle these things. i havent known a place that hasnt had that. You shouldn't need to have waited around at their convienience

Wow! I agree with the others and keep pushing.

I would let the police try and handle the actual hotel and manager and talk directly to head office. The hotel are obviously extremely incompetent and from the managers attitude to sort it out and help, it seems as though she hasn't got a clue and neither has any of her staff. What an absolute joke of a hotel!

As you say, the hotel are completely at fault here. If I were you, as well as getting your stuff back I'd be making a personal complaint about how they have handled the whole situation. Especially the lies and 'not my responsibility' manager.

:hugs: I'd be furious and deeply upset...I get worried about hotels anyway - a friend of mine went on holiday and noticed she couldn't find a few of her clothes. She thought they'd be around the room somewhere. By accident something fell down the bed and she moved the mattress...half of her clothes were folded very neatly underneath the mattress. She also complained and got told by the hotel that she had obviously done it herself :wacko:

Blah11 - yeah of course she is but sure it said the deputy manager wasn't in either, she would do the rota knowing this

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->