Holiday Inn Express THEFT!!

Ofcourse claiming on ur insurance isn't admitting to being wrong, it's there for when we need to use it. But totally different to use it when uve been robbed/mugged to having ur things taken in a building that is covered by their insurance and they should pay out.

Can't believe they are dragging their feet on this, I'd be sending letters but also on the phone demanding to talk to someone and then sending them my phone bill at the end.
I can't see the police doing much but I'd also be threatening small claims court for ur loss seen as they aren't using their insurance.

and if there is found to be liability, they will. But it will be the OP's insurance company who has that fight with them and not the OP which has to be a bonus surely?

i will fight for it myself i have been on the phone to them since day 1 i not letting anyone else fight my corner. plus my insurance dosnt cover me for being away anyway. yep thts my fault but thts why these places have there insurance to cover these things x

letter been posted so just waiting. i will call police tomorrow to see weather they have been in to see the women and go from there with the police side of things
x

Well i had a phone call this morning from the director of the hotel who i sent the letter too. (4page long letter) lol

He was so upset and angry at the hotel staff and manager. he said this has never happened before and he will try his hardest to make sure it dosnt happen again.

he asked weather i had been and bought myself a new watch and i said no because i wasnt willing to spend my money on a watch that his staff had stolen when it should be claimed on him insurance.

i then said tht the manager said i should claim on my own insurance and he said well she should never of said this as this happened in the hotel by a member of staff.

he has offered to send me a cheque of the value of my watch which i should get next week.

he also said if i ever decided to go and stay at the hotel again to let him know because he will make sure the staff know i'm coming and to give me 5* service.

i'm chuffed its finally been sorted i can now put it all behind me and focus on what we have planned at the moment xx

Brilliant! Good on you for sticking Up for yourself with them!

Shocking shocking shocking and tbh as well as the cost of your items I think you should have got a full refund.

The value of the watch wouldn't be enough for me. I'd expect a full refund of the hotel stay, the value of all my items and money for my inconvenience.
Also because uve settled the police probably won't take more action

The value of the watch wouldn't be enough for me. I'd expect a full refund of the hotel stay, the value of all my items and money for my inconvenience.
Also because uve settled the police probably won't take more action
I agree. Never accept the first offer, go for a refund of your stay.

Not sure about the police though. Is theft a civil matter or a criminal one in this case? If its a criminal matter they should still investigate. Will be interesting to hear the outcome of that part of it.

I'd be wanting more too...not just a cheque and a sweep under the carpet!

I agree with the others, id want a refund for the stay as well

I agree a cheque to cover the cost of the watch is no where near compensation enough, what about the cost of all your other missing items? and no doubt the cleaner/staff/whoever will get away with it scott free and will no doubt try it on again with other peoples stuff like they have probably done previously.

You should at the very least be getting a full refund and vouchers to stay again for free as well as the cost of your stuff :flower:

Well i got my cheque through this morning and i have had a full refund aswell for the stay at the hotel.

i contacted the police and they are still investigating it because one it was a theft and two because of how it was handled in the first place. if i'm honest getting the money bk is fine by me. i dont want any more stress just want to get on with my life and forget it.

x

So glad you got the check and a refund. You did really well pursuing the matter! Now you can move on :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->