Holiday Inn Express THEFT!!

yeah but theres always someone who is in charge for that day, even if they dont officially hold a 'manager' job title IYKWIM?

I am disgusted this has happened to you! Keep on to head office and make it clear if they do not return or reimburse you for the theft you will be going to the newspaper and taking further action.

Blah, as she is the manager she should be aware that if there is a situation that cannot be resolved by the staff present she will have to go in. It is common sense when the manager of any establishment be it a hotel, shop whatever.

Yep there will always be in charge and I'm sorry but something as serious as this the general manager would be told about it, straight away and they would be in - or make sure their deputy could deal with it, this is what they get paid for, I know where I work our GM would be straight in, or at the very least on the phone constantly trying to sort out the situation

I think you have been treated appallingly.
I think even if you do get a positive outcome of being able to claim on thier insurance, I would still take it to the papers and publicly

Well i have contacted the head office but the hotel is a franchise so they cant do to much to help me but give advice. I found out the owner of the hotel contacted them and they just said i need to write to the director about everything and document what was taken etc...

so i'm doing the letter this evening with hubby. The manager called me today to see how i was and what i was going to do. i just told her i'm writing letter and i have been in contact with the owner and the headoffice of the name of the hotel and she didnt say to much.

i wont be dropping this. i know i prob wont get my watch back and it really upsets me. but if i get something back and i can get a new watch i will be happy.

i think we will prob wait about going to the papers depending on what the outcome is. but we are defo putting a review on trip advisor because that is where we got the positive reviews about it and its not really a positive hotel to stay in now!

regarding comments about the manager and there being a manager on site.

the Manager of the hotel refused to come in. There is no deputy because she told me this. so the guy who was not very helpful and very rude in the evening when it all happened is only an assistant but kept saying he was a duty manager even tho his badge said assistant!!

xx

All these phone calls and letters must be driving you mad as you don't seem to be getting much further forward. Hopefully you will get a reply back from your letter very quick. :flower:

Contact your insurers, see what advice they have for you.

Yeah, I'm inclined to go this way too. Claim off your insurance and let them go after the hotel's insurance company if there is liability there.

I bet it you threaten the manager, the hotel and the head office with going to the press you'd see results.

Contact your insurers, see what advice they have for you.

Yeah, I'm inclined to go this way too. Claim off your insurance and let them go after the hotel's insurance company if there is liability there.

I wouldn't, I'd feel as though that would be as though you are admitting as you have done something wrong in regards to this?

This whole matter should not have happened in the first place and for the manager of the hotel to tell them to claim off their insurance even though it is clearly her fault, seems to not have the foggiest or understanding what her hotel has done wrong on so many levels.

If you claim off your own insurance, your premiums go up no? Why should she suffer the consequence of higher premiums at the expense of the invasion of privacy and theft from a hotel? If the hotel wasn't at fault then I would completely understand, but they are the whole reason why this occured in the first place?

just a little update for u all!!

well i called my mum today and she was asking about everything. i said i hadnt contacted the police again was going to wait to see what hotel said. she said she wanted me to call and make the police go round etc..

so i have called the police and they have said they will now class this as a crime and a officer will be going round to the hotel next week and interview the women in question aswell as the staff.

i'm hoping a little that this will scare the women and she will admit what she has done. but i know thts very unlikely but i can hope!!

xx

That's shocking. By the police treating it as a crime hopefully she will admit it!

I wouldn't, I'd feel as though that would be as though you are admitting as you have done something wrong in regards to this?
Not at all. Someone mugs you in the street and pinches your phone, you claim on your insurance. Someone breaks into your house, you claim on your insurance. Somebody hits your car and disappears, you claim on your insurance. Wind takes your roof off your house, you claim on your insurance. That's what it's for and a claim doesn't mean you are admitting fault. Especially if you report it to the police and have a crime number. Premiums rarely go up if you make one claim, they would only increase if you had a no claims bonus to lose, which most house policies don't have, or if the circumstances which led to the claim are likely to be repeated e.g if you live in an area likely to flood etc.

I'd claim simply because it would mean I'm compensated quicker. The police can still deal with the theft and their insurance will still pay if the crime is solved as they will go after HEI's insurers.

I see what you mean, but I know that our premiums went up last year when we claimed for a leak in our bathroom.

I just don't see why OP should claim on her insurance when technically the hotels insurance company should be handling it. I'd feel as though I'd be bringing another person into the loop? But I suppose it might be easier, but what happens if theie own insurance company decides not to chase the hotel? Then the OP's insurance *may* go up and the hotel have got away with what they have done scot free?

I'm not claiming on my insurance at all. to me someone went into my room touched my things removed them and they took items. the only people who were able to touch and steal my items were the house keeping staff or one of the staff that were able to get into the office.

the letter has been sent to the regional manager so i'm waiting on his reply.

when you claim on your own insurance for something u havent done and u know that it was someone in the hotel etc... it makes out tht your accepting this as the hotel wont be taking responsability for the actions of there staff. Businesses have Public Liability Insurance for this problem so thats why they should use it not make the victims of the crime be punished more then they all ready have been!!!! x

Again, claiming on your own insurance isn't admitting liability. As far as I'm concerned it takes some of the stress away from me. Let someone else have a fight with their insurance company over whether they are going to pay. The last thing I'd want on top of all the dealings with police and management is then to have to fight with their insurance company who will no doubt decide either they won't pay or my belongings are next to worthless.

our insurance premiums go up every year and we've never claimed. The one time I had my own claim for a leak, the premiums never rose more than I would have expected from a year on year increase. I've never been asked when I buy home insurance if I've recently claimed so if someone tried to do it I'd go with someone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->