Holiday Parties, other events?

Bookish

Reaction score
Has anyone taken their LO with them to an otherwise child-free party/event? My husband really wants us to go to his company holiday party, but I really don't want to leave my LO at home. I don't want to have to try pumping, and have him take a bottle just for this, especially as I have to be vigilant about his lazy latch already.

Any thoughts?
Thank you!

yes. my daughter comes everywhere with me lol. she's even been to the pub! [i wasnt on a night out, just meeting a friend] :haha:

i would take him, i wouldnt risk your breastfeeding relationship especially if there's already an issue you have to watch :thumbup:

We took LO everywhere! He came to a pantomime with us when he was 2 months old and he's been to parties, a wedding and loads of restaurants.

Do you have a sling? Wearing LO is so much easier than pushing a chair around - plus it tends to keep them quieter and they take up less space! Maybe worth considering :)

Yup, Alex comes with us most places except the occasional night out that DH and I have for some alone time :)

my eldest DD still comes everywhere with us! if we get complaints we just tell them straight that were a family and either you get all of us or none! shuts everybody up lol xxx

Always take babs with us and we frequent pubs often (normally mid-afternoon/early evening to be fair; my brother runs it). I go football (and clubhouse) every week so a pretty man-centric environment and she alwayu comes too - normally feed in the stand.

Also bridesmaid at my brothers wedding next week - that will be fun as she's always due at the time they are having the ceremony!

This is a tricky subject around here but I personally do not believe that I have to be conjoined to my baby to be a good mom. I don't feel insulted to receive baby-free invites. There are some events that baby does not need to attend and I would have no problem leaving him with someone I trust. However, I feel confident in the breastfeeding relationship that I have established with my son and I've worked out the kinks with pumping, giving a bottle, and being away from LO. If you've never been apart from LO you may find it difficult and if you're still uncertain about his latch you may not feel confident enough to leave him. Learning to leave LO in someone else's care is a skill for you, the baby, and the caretaker and it takes some practice.

I think it depends on where it is really? What kind of an event? My husbands Christmas work party is going to be really nice. Posh dinner, tux and gown kind of event. And we are getting a sitter for the night as it'll be a special night for just us as we don't ever do anything alone. I love kids and think they belong in most places but I think at a party like that? Probably not. Other than that both our children go everywhere with us too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->