Holidays in the sun when heavily pregnant???....

kirstylm

Reaction score
Is this a good idea? Has anyone experienced it?
Situation is: was meant to be going away with hubby and other married couple, (friends of both) of ours summer next year and away again to see family in Italy. Now, we are going to TTC in October so if I was to fall straight away that would make me due in July. :shrug:
So, do we go away in Sept with friends with a 2 month old (me thinks this is a very silly idea!) or do we try get a late deal depending on what happens with getting pregnant!
I was soooo looking fowrad to going away to a gorgous villa with our great friends, had found somewhere to book and everything.:happydance: But now as we just can't wait to TTC the holiday idea doesn't seem so sensible after all.
Also my hubby doesn't want to be spending money on a holiday when we could use it to buy cot, buggy etc for baby- so damn sensible!!!!!! :growlmad:
How long did you girls wait after having your first baby before going on holiday again?
I just can't see us being able to afford it for years!!!!!! Plus, we didnt get to go away this year either, and with the MC and all, I feel i really need a break just me and my hubby.
Were lucky in that we have his parents house in Italy we can go to any time, and going there with a baby will be fine, Italians and bambino's and all!!! But it's not somewhere we can just be alone and enjoy chilling out there is always family around us so were never quite alone.
Am I just being a spoilt cow (er yes!) :blush: I just don't want to have to wait years for a holiday and I kinda feel like going away with our friends next yr is our only oppertunity!!!!

I'm in a similar postion, we want to have a holiday, just the two of us, and his aunt has said we can have her villa in Cyprus in February. But we are TTC in Dec which means I'd be newly pregnant if we fell more or less straight away. I'm nervous about travelling if that's the case and we could be saving money instead. I guess we could ask for it at Easter instead if I was in the 2nd trimester... We've also been invited to a wedding in Florida in March 2011 and there's a great big question mark over whether we'd be able to afford it, let alone the fact we'll hopefully have a young baby. But I really want a holiday!!!!!

It's difficult isn't it!! We have just come back from our holiday and really want to book again for next year, but just think as we have no idea how long it will take us to conceive, we will have to wait so we can time it so I am either pregnant (which won't be ideal as I won't be able to do half the stuff we love to do), or have a little one.

Having a baby is really important to me though so although in an ideal world I would definitely have a holiday booked, I would rather work on getting pregnant and then think of holidays after. We now have a baby fund and a holiday fund and so hopefully I will be able to have both!!! :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->