Hollyoaks racism storyline

A

AppleBlossom

Anyone else find it ridiculous that Des has all of a sudden become racist in the last month or so? And the over-reaction of his sister when she found out Tina was black (even though she wasn't, she was mixed race :dohh: )

yeh im sure i remember episodes where he's been really nice to anita or lauren at school, they obviously just decided one day that this would be a good storyline.

i know whats with the twist in storylines all of a sudden, they keep doing it, i mean loretta lol a stalker, as if.

and now desmond its like they have to have a pyscho lol

with loretta that was a last minute story because they planned that it was going to be when she was younger her and a friend killed a child but i think they got too many complaints so they just switched to this story.
i know wayy too much about the soaps :blush:

ME!

all of a sudden hes just turned into a racist. whats with that? todays episode really annoyed me

i think jackie will cotton on in the end and get pinned for calvins murder

i havent watched it in a couple of weeks :( who is des racist to?!
loretta annoys me
xx

Aw I thought his sister was the racsit and so were their parents and it was his sister coming back and pushing these beliefs back on him that he succumbed to his past.

Cannot stand his sister she just looks evil x

also why is it whenever there is a racist storyline in a tv programme its always white people that are the racists???? Doesnt make white people look very good does it :-(

Twice in hollyoaks in a short space of time they have had a racist storyline both really stupid too first Gaz with Anita but then now he's with Lauren :wacko:
and now this one, sometimes think they just come up with any old crap sometimes!!!!!

Cannot stand his sister she just looks evil x

also why is it whenever there is a racist storyline in a tv programme its always white people that are the racists???? Doesnt make white people look very good does it :-(

Twice in hollyoaks in a short space of time they have had a racist storyline both really stupid too first Gaz with Anita but then now he's with Lauren :wacko:
and now this one, sometimes think they just come up with any old crap sometimes!!!!!

thats what i really like about the film guess who that its the other way around and its the white guy who isnt approved of.

The Loretta thing is ridiculous, it was just whipped up too quickly and unbelievable. And nw this? Hollyoaks is disappointing me more and more, they need to get a grip!

I feel like hollyoaks dont even know where they are going with there stories.

And this racist thing is a load crap, they should portray racism as it actually exists in everyday life as snide comments and name calling not in this extreme way, that would be more hard hitting.

i think the problem with hollyoaks atm is they changed i think it was the producer recently so he's trying to carry on with the storylines but change it at the same time iykwim. so hopefully in a month or so it will get better.

Anyone else find it ridiculous that Des has all of a sudden become racist in the last month or so? And the over-reaction of his sister when she found out Tina was black (even though she wasn't, she was mixed race :dohh: )

I thought it was his mother not his sister? Have I got that wrong?

The lorretta story line annoys me. Shes always swanning off, then turning up a few days later surprising nobody but Jake.

The Loretta thing was because originally a friend from her past was going to turn up and it was going to be her and her friend tortured and killed a little kid when they were younger and Loretta was a new alias she was given.
However, the families and even those not related, of that little boy whom the two other boys killed, cannot remember the names for the life of me, but was in the news recently? Complained and so the storyling had to change.

I always thought she was creepy anyways.

We were talking about this racism story-line today. Des isnt racist, but he has been 'conditioned' by his sister to think that all non-whites are beneath him, and now that his sister is visiting, he has to live up to it even more!! I knew there had to be something wrong with him. Jacquie will find out and wont give think twice about booting his back-side to the kerb :thumbup:

This new producer has caused quite a few issues, both with the story-lines and with the actual cast. Apparently, the girl who plays Makayla (real name Holly-Mae something or other) got into a disagreement with the bosses and stormed out of a meeting. She then announced on Twitter that she wants to leave the show in the next 6 months, but the bosses were pissed by that and have tweaked story-lines and written her out immediately :shock: She would have filmed her last scene yesterday apparently.
All seems very childsish...if it's true, that is!! :shrug:

We were talking about this racism story-line today. Des isnt racist, but he has been 'conditioned' by his sister to think that all non-whites are beneath him, and now that his sister is visiting, he has to live up to it even more!! I knew there had to be something wrong with him. Jacquie will find out and wont give think twice about booting his back-side to the kerb :thumbup:

This new producer has caused quite a few issues, both with the story-lines and with the actual cast. Apparently, the girl who plays Makayla (real name Holly-Mae something or other) got into a disagreement with the bosses and stormed out of a meeting. She then announced on Twitter that she wants to leave the show in the next 6 months, but the bosses were pissed by that and have tweaked story-lines and written her out immediately :shock: She would have filmed her last scene yesterday apparently.
All seems very childsish...if it's true, that is!! :shrug:

Oh no!! I love Michaela, shes ace! Really funny, and her and Zack are good together :haha:

Me and OH was talking bout this the other day ! Glad other people have noticed. des started a bit when calvin (R.I.P :( ) was still alive but that suddenly came out of no where ! Our parents have suddenly changed recently, we say they should be a hollyoaks character lol

I hate this story line it actually makes me not want to watch. Bleh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->