Home birth without Midwife

If I decide hospital is too much effort to travel to (45min drive) I might 'accidently' have an unassisted homebirth.

I had a planned homebirth 6 days ago. My labour progressed very quickly (4 hours from start to finish) and my MW arrived when I had already started pushing.

I must admit that I was so zoned out that I felt ok about it, I was just going with my body. My husband was quite anxious but remained very calm and supportive.

I do believe that it would have all turned out ok if my MW hadn't arrived but I was definitely reassured at having her there.

I personally wouldn't plan an unassisted birth for myself, but I would be fully understanding and supportive of someone who did. It's an amazingly empowering experience to trust your own body.

I had a planned homebirth 6 days ago. My labour progressed very quickly (4 hours from start to finish) and my MW arrived when I had already started pushing.

I must admit that I was so zoned out that I felt ok about it, I was just going with my body. My husband was quite anxious but remained very calm and supportive.

I do believe that it would have all turned out ok if my MW hadn't arrived but I was definitely reassured at having her there.

I personally wouldn't plan an unassisted birth for myself, but I would be fully understanding and supportive of someone who did. It's an amazingly empowering experience to trust your own body.

thats exactly what happened with me lol 4 hours start to finish and soon as i needed to push corey had crowned before the mw got to me

I'll be calling last minute. Mainly because I feel I can cope better on my own without interference. I am secretly hoping for an accidental bba!

I wouldn't, I'm not knowledgeable enough, but I can understand 100% why someone would after having a horrid hospital birth!

i secretly hope my assisted FSBC birth turns into an unassisted HB :haha: i have to drive one hour to get the MW at my FSCB and who knows if i'll want to do that during labor, especially if i have another posterior lol....I realize, despite my delivering my son via water birth in the hospital, there wasn't anyone that did a dang thing besides MYSELF(and my supporters helping me, which were NOT medical staff). Anyways, i birthed a posterior baby (facing the 2 o'clock") ....after being put through that without assistance and not intervention, makes me feel like i could do anything!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->