Home Birth?

ayshahudson

Mum & TTC no.2!
Reaction score
Is anyone planning on having a home birth? After the shitty treatment I got in hospital I would really like to give birth the second time round at home if I could.

https://www.thebusinessofbeingborn.com/

i have been thinking about it also... that is if i have another

Mine was a failed home birth after madam got stuck but I still had a wonderful labour at home and would say to anyone thinking of it - go for it. Check out www.homebirth.org.uk

Sadly I had a failed home birth as well, as my cervix was not dialating and my contrations were just not normal. BUT it was wonderful being at home, and I will plan a homebirth for my next baby.

I plan on having a homebirth, maybe in water. We have the option of borrowing a birthing pool off a friend, so i may take her up on it.

I plan on having a homebirth, maybe in water. We have the option of borrowing a birthing pool off a friend, so i may take her up on it.

even if you don't birth in the pool, I would still recommend it. I really enjoyed being in the water during my labor. It really helped. Once word of advice, have lots of towels on hand, as I was in and out of the water.

I hope to have a home birth this time. I was very lucky when i had my son as i was given excellent care in hospital, but this time i'd really like to stay at home. I haven't spoken to my midwife yet though!! Am going to mention it to her when i see her next week.

You are all very brave and hats off! With the number of problems I had during labour, I'm glad I didn't attempt it 1st time around. Sadly, I will always have to have a c-section for certain reasons.

Go for it ladies!

I had a homebirth and would definately recommend it. It was alot more relaxed than being in hospital which I hated after I had Nathan.

I could do what I wanted while in labour and I was in my own home with my own things. After the birth was nice aswell, just being left on the settee to cuddle my baby then being able to go and have a bath and get into my own bed :D

I really wanted a home birth when I was pregnant but it didnt happen. I was a home birth baby and my mom loved it. Sadly Im to high risk to have a home birth if I ever choose to have another

Sam will your midwife let you have a VBAC homebirth? Also, does insurance cover midwives here in the US? I think next time I want a MW instead of an OB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->