Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

I read your ticker wrong! :dohh: :rofl: Booked in April I'm afraid but I could help you find you a super doula I am sure :winkwink:

I know exactly what Im meaning to say Im just CRAP with words :rofl:

Thanks for all the advice :) xxx

Hi everyone, I'm a bit late to this thread, but I am 36 weeks today... have been planning a homebirth for ages and had my 36-week MW appointment this morning- getting the home birth kit delivered this week and my birthing pool delivered next week, so am pretty excited. LO is fully engaged and in perfect position at the moment!

Have my first doula antenatal meeting this weekend as well, plus in the midst of NCT classes so it's all systems go... have trained as a doula but haven't actually attended any births so this will all be a new experience for me. Luckily, my DH is wonderful and reads anything I give him, so he's well clued up on what I want/desire and more importantly, what I *don't* want to happen at the birth!

Hi Mervs Mum, it's Cathy from NB :)

Oh and I am VERY pleased to be Anababe's doula - she's going to have a wonderful, quick and easy home water birth :D

We hope!! lol Different father this time i hope that doesnt affect my lovely short labours! :haha:

Watching one born every minute has made me even more determined to have a HB.

Whoa I go away for a few hours to pick up my birth pool and so much has happened!!

Anababe that's so great that everything is working out for you and even more so that MM is going to your Doula! I'm so jealous she seems like she would be an amazing advocate to have on your side. :happydance:

Welcome Pimento! It's never too late to start up a chat in here. Glad to hear your home birth is well on it's way :)

Side note to how excited my Hubby now seems to be about the water birth... We just got the box from my hypno lady tonight and seeing as it's nearly midnight I thought we'd just go home and go to bed. But alas he's now like a new kid and his toy fiddling with all the stuff and attempting to blow it up. :dohh: It's very loud!

I remember back to the time when I was convincing DH about home birth. It was well before we were TTC and I was thinking of becoming a midwife. Mostly it was him watching all of the videos I was and going to rallies; he has never been one for reading.

Now, I can think back to last week when I was researching by watching a video of a birth and DH comes over and says "Awww look how cute, the heads coming out" and know that I have done something right.

I don't know why he is so interested in the videos. Did any of you watch the family who shared the birth of their baby at a birth center of live streaming, last year? We were watching that and he kept running back into the room every time he heard a sounds. I was very proud of him when he saw her throw up and mentioned that she was getting close. I never knew he would take in that kind of information by just watching videos. He hadn't even read the books and articles I had, just picked up that lots of women vomit when they are getting close in the videos we watched. I hope he can retain all of this for our birth.

Loving all this discussion! Go the feminist approach to birth! I totally agree re: the reclaiming of birth - it is definitely time for this to happen!

My OH is pretty interested in the whole thing....he did have a few questions about home birth to begin with but was very quickly behind the whole idea. I do find it is me that does most of the reading/research, but I also think me and him do things in different ways and sometimes he will surprise me by showing how much thought and consideration he is actually putting into the birth. Last night he suddenly said 'I better have a look at that page about pressure points' - it is nice to see that he is thinking about things even if he isn't an obsessive home birth reader like myself!

This is the one I meant https://www.thenappylady.co.uk/public/productdetails.aspx?id=40&cat=5. More expensive but once I'm done with babies I can use it for nighttime kiddy widdles.

I know this is really old but just wanted to mention these are FINALLY back in stock and I went ahead and ordered me one. :happydance:

lol at ur OH wanting to get al the birthpool kit out, I think mine will be the same - he likes anything gadgety so he thinks its his area of expertise in the whole thing :)

Hi :hi:

First -time mum here and a homebirth hopeful! I've been given the go-ahead for the homebirth and have my pool ready and waiting lol! I'm due the 28th of Jan, so not too long to wait!! (can I be added to your list please?) xx

Thankyou!
Oh... and it's a boy (unless anything has shrunk since the scan!) x

So saw my midwife again this morning all went great, she said i'm a prime candidate for a home birth :D, bubs is measuring 29 weeks and he gave her doppler a nice big kick a few times while she tried to listen in, then gave her the run around :haha: she said it was like trying to find a moving target :D hehe!

She also confirmed she'd be happy to be 'on call' for me should I want her to be and that a few of the other midwifes would be too as my mums their colleague :D, love the idea of someone I know a little bit coming rather than a total stranger! They don't book home births round here until 36 weeks but she gave me information and at this point doesn't see why I shouldn't be able to have one if I want :D

Going back to being excited now from having some wobbles earlier! hehe, no doubt that'll change again nearer the time!

Also how long does it take roughly to order the water pools? I don't want to order too early incase theres a medical reason why I don't have a hb but also don't want to leave it too late! other stuff thats cheaper can be bough easily beforehand. Seem shower curtains for £3 each! bargain, plus need to get inco pads as they don't bring them with them round here. :D xx

You can have a pool within a working week usually :D Great news!

argh, after spending one day head down, baby is now back in breech and happily tap dancing on my cervix:wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->