Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

I told them I wanted to see it, they were trying to wheel it away and stitch me at the time.

even tho my mw was a total tw*t lol she didnt even ask if i wanted to see the placent or not and basicaly shoved it in my face lol moving it around and telling me it was a good one, i was fasinated but oh went white lol he hated hospitals

We met one of the midwives that will be on call for my home birth last night at our antenatal classes. She started talking about the placenta but everyone in the group was disgusted by it and a few even started bashing anyone that would actually want to keep it (I kept my mouth shut! haha)

Afterwards I went up to her to introduce myself. (She already knew who I was! "Oh.. you're the home birth girl that won't take no for an answer, yes I know you" :dohh:) But then I told her we were thinking about keeping it and she got so excited to tell me all about how to tell what a healthy one is and such. She said if I get her on the day she'll be more than happy to go over the placenta with us and let us know pretty much the history of it. I thought that was really cool.

She started talking about the placenta but everyone in the group was disgusted by it and a few even started bashing anyone that would actually want to keep it (I kept my mouth shut! haha)

Sounds like my antenatal class! I kept my mouth shut too. :blush:

But then I told her we were thinking about keeping it and she got so excited to tell me all about how to tell what a healthy one is and such. She said if I get her on the day she'll be more than happy to go over the placenta with us and let us know pretty much the history of it. I thought that was really cool.
Very cool indeed!

My MWs were practically cooing over my placenta! It was slightly bi-lobed and had this extra flap to it....

PB are you a veggie burger too? It's weird but I wasnt bothered by it at all. They do say that the mother handling it / encapsulating it really adds extra power to it - you know in a psychological way. I really enjoyed doing my prints and stuff - OH was in to it too!

And yes Manda you Yanks are all over this thread these days arent you!! :lol: I love it!! Can you believe how looooooong it got?!!! SHIT THE BED IT'S A YEAR OLD TODAY!!!!!

I wont be keeping mine, i didnt even know when it had been delivered with the other two and personally thats the way i like it!

Nothing against those who keep it i think it wonderful, but its not for me im way to squeamish and really dont want to see it at all. I would be quite upset if the midwife put it anywhere near me.. suppose i should make that clear to her before i deliver!! lol

I am indeed veggie. Just the cooking smell makes me feel a bit :sick: but the thought of dissecting it... Scientist more than veggie I guess!

and yes I think you may be the only one with the dissecting kit at home! :lol: Do it!! Satisfy the urge and then maybe bury it's mutilated remains! :rofl:

Note for the birth plan my lovely! :winkwink:

Oh yeah forgot i was doing a birth plan this time.. good job ive got you eh :p lol You prob think im strange now for NOT wanting to see it when all you home birthers want to. I might feel different tho if im more with it, i was so high on gas and air i dont even remember him being born last time and i actually asked if he was mine when they passed him to me :shock: dont let me get that bad this time please im pretty sure i didnt need THAT much, it never came out of my mouth from transition to stitching :haha:

Im gonna ask my dad if he wants to cut the cord this time but bet he wont, he is funny with stuff like that too :dohh: lol!

and yes I think you may be the only one with the dissecting kit at home! :lol: Do it!! Satisfy the urge and then maybe bury it's mutilated remains! :rofl:

I used one pair of dissecting scissors for my embroidery until I got a proper pair of embroidery scissors! :rofl: Think I've used up all the scalpal blades removing worm brains too...

Anababe I dont think you're daft at all!! Each to their own I say! Loads of home birth ladies dont want to see or keep it - horses for courses and all that :winkwink:

x

Anababe I dont think you're daft at all!! Each to their own I say! Loads of home birth ladies dont want to see or keep it - horses for courses and all that :winkwink:

x

^ WSS. I still don't really want to see it at all. I just want to take the pills.

I just realized I'm not on the front page!!! :cry:

I'm due Feb 12, with a little baby girl, first child, and hoping for a homebirth. Thanks! :thumbup:

Im not on front page either.. :blush: Due March 24th, third baby (little girl), first home birth - Hopefully! :flower:

i havent even seen if im on front page lol ile have a look.
but this is baby 2 and due on 9th august :)

PM Kiwimama so she doesnt miss you mentioning it - it's hard to keep up!

Does anyone else begin to feel like we're really quite unusual? I've got some really lovely friends elsewhere on BnB but some of them have such a polar perspective to mine in terms of natural birthing and parenting. I don't think I'm particularly extreme in my alternative views either. That said for most it's their first pregnancy so I guess my experience paints a different picture for me. Just seems odd that there aren't more women like us. I don't mean this is judgement of 'us' or 'them' just that it does seem we really are the minority.

I think there are more of 'us' than you'd think. But society keeps us quiet. You MUST make it your life's work to tell EVERYONE and ANYONE how great birth can be. That's my mission.

Women feel able to share horror stories freely but seem unable to share their positive stories for fear of offending those who had a different experience. You yourself (PB) had a less than satisfactory first experience but I'm pretty sure you appreciate hearing mine and other people's fantastic experiences. But not everyone sees it that way. Some think if they opted for the epidural and you had a low tech, home birth that makes you stronger or better. More clued up perhaps. Less likely to take what HCPs say as gospel perhaps. Better - No - just more trusting in yourself and birth as a process.

i believe in my body especialy after having zane so i dont understand why women go in saying right give me a epi now, when our bodies are built for this.

my main reason for a home birth is the state of my local hospital lol altho i did get afew funny looks when i said i wanted to do it natural and in water lol

my mum believes in a epidural straight away so she thought i was crazy with zane just on gas and air, but shes actualy quiet supportive of me wanting a home birth. altho shes concern that i lose alot of blood so still need to get checked into a better hospital just incase.
i think i worry myself about the what ifs or am i mad for a homebirth then anyone else so far....until i tell my mil who will flip hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->