Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

i love hearing good birth stories :) it makes me so jealous lol and determined to have a better birth this time around

I do get the impression that a lot of women think we're the odd 'brave', hippy type ones - after all why wouldnt we want Dr's and painkillers?

I hope to have a positive story for you all soon. I lost my plug this morning and have been getting cramps since this afternoon. I know in theory it could still be a while but I can't help but get a little bit excited. :) Off out to walk the dog now while DP puts DD to bed to see if I can crank things up a notch...

Gina. x

oh how exciting Gina!!!!!! will be watching for updates! Happy home birthing! x

Gina- YEAH!!! I was about to post on your FB how things were going so am so glad you updated here. Continued good vibes being sent your way :D

Good Luck Snagglepat - hope things start moving for you soon, how exciting :D x

Best wishes for another beautiful homebirth Gina!! Is Ember going to be around while you birth?

And sorry to the ladies that hadn't been added. As MM said, this thread is pretty busy these days, and, with me being on the other side of the world, by the time I get up and have a read, the threads moved sometimes 10+ pages and I just miss the request. Feel free to PM me if I have missed you and I'll pop you on. :flower:

I hope to have a positive story for you all soon. I lost my plug this morning and have been getting cramps since this afternoon. I know in theory it could still be a while but I can't help but get a little bit excited. :) Off out to walk the dog now while DP puts DD to bed to see if I can crank things up a notch...

Gina. x

Pfft...you got us all going last time and nowt.

You had better be in labour this time missy, I dont think my nerves can cope! lol

Sending you good labour vibes hun. Hope you get all that you wish for!

Oo good luck snaggle!

It's a mixed bag reading the good stories. I am so glad for the woman and so glad to hear it's possible for it to be that way but then I openly admit to feeling envious and one I read recently tipped me over one of my edges. It's very important though to share and show it doesn't have to be that way. The harder part is convincing people that it's often the medicine they praising for saving them that did the damage in the first place. I'm sure once I've managed to do it myself I will be over it all and will stop crying in self pity and start crying in joy when I read the other stories!

I think it's normal to feel envious too but again it's not a reason for women not to share their positive stories. I know I don't do it to make anyone jealous. I do it because I want them to know it happens. A lot. And sometimes, like it did with me, it happens twice!

Good luck Snagglepat! Can't wait to hear more news!

I see that some of you others are also vegetarians..? I have been for 14 years...and have been on a high quality iron supplement and B vitamin supplement since before I got pregnant. My iron was looking good and then yesterday I got my latest blood results back and it's taken a major dip. Hb is 96, Ferritin is 8.5. My midwife is super pro-home birth and we are working on a plan to get it up again, but she did say that it can be a concern in terms of recovering from blood loss...

I know it's normal to many women to get low iron in pregnancy, but is it usually a problem? As I have 10 weeks still to go, should I be concerned or should it be easy to get it back up to 'normal' levels?

Gina. x

Sending you lots of birthing dust snaggle!!!! :happydance:

LuckyD get some spatone down you, it's the business!

Yes, I have heard that this is awesome stuff! Thanks :thumbup: If my increased dose of Ferodan doesn't make a difference I will check it out for sure.

My midwife didn't say I 'couldn't' have a homebirth if my levels don't go up...but I guess it is preferable.

Just to let you all know, I got my homebirth!! Will update with details later but had to let you all know I'm over the moon, both with my daughter and my birth experience x x x

ooh have been thinking about you today pinkie!! Hadn't seen you about so figured you must have been having your baby! Can't wait to hear your story once you are feeling up to it. Congrats!!

Congrats pinkie! Can't wait to hear all about it xx

Huge congratulations Pinkie. It sounds marvelous. I can't wait to hear your story, and see pics.

Still here, still crampy, but got a decent night's sleep by recent standards which has to be a good thing. I'm thinking tomorrow would be a good day to have a baby. Jan 15th has a nice ring to it, don't you think?

Gina.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->