Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Yey Amy! It's a great milestone to reach. You just need to try not to get too impatient now - not something I seem to be very good at. :)

Merv's Mum, I did crochet the bag. I used yarn made from recycled sari silk so it's got every colour under the sun in it, but now it's made up it looks mostly purples, blues and greens. I really like it, and I think I have enough yarn left to make myself a hat which will be a lovely reminder once the placenta, in it's bag, is buried deep in the earth.

Anababe, the transformational potential of this stuff can be quite incredible can't it? It's great to hear how inspired you are. I also love the way that once you've started down this path you don't ever have to set anything in stone. You can set yourself up for a home waterbirth, but if you end up giving birth on the sofa, or in the bathroom, or even in a hospital but with the influences that come from the new, empowered place you inhabit, it's all good. :)

Gina. x

I don't know what's happened to me but this natural birthing stuff is so addictive!! :shock: I came here knowing id considered a home birth mainly because I couldn't relax in hospital, but I thought id be doing everything exactly the same as I would be in hospital only at home.. I still assumed id be giving birth lay on my back on my bed, NEVER considered a water birth until looking through these threads and now that's what I'm planning.

I keep reading different threads and thinking 'oh I might like to try that' things that I would never have even considered with my others. It was only couple days ago I was saying how squeamish I was and now after reading a thread on it I'm thinking i might like to cut the cord myself! :shock: haha

Its crazy, I spent every day leading up to the births of my sons dreading what I had coming, wishing for it to be over quickly and feeling so scared at the pain I was going to go through. Now I'm feeling totally different, I'm looking forward to it and feel so positive about it all. I cant wait to deliver my little girl and remember every moment :D What have you done to me :rofl:

Ah, but you did it to yourself! :winkwink: And good on your for it! Amazing what informing yourself can do for situations, eh? Before I'd read up on anything, I was happy to have the traditional American-style birth (you know, submit to anything the doctors say because "they know best" and have every pain relief going and just "get through it"). But I started reading and learning and reading more, and the most amazing thing happened. I wanted to do this myself, I gained trust in my body and in birth itself and got excited! When my waters went, I was actually shaking with excitement and couldn't stop smiling! And I would've given birth again straight away... and that feeling hasn't gone. There's something magical about understanding yourself and this life you've made. And it's definitely addictive! :thumbup:

I don't know what's happened to me but this natural birthing stuff is so addictive!! :shock: I came here knowing id considered a home birth mainly because I couldn't relax in hospital, but I thought id be doing everything exactly the same as I would be in hospital only at home.. I still assumed id be giving birth lay on my back on my bed, NEVER considered a water birth until looking through these threads and now that's what I'm planning.

I keep reading different threads and thinking 'oh I might like to try that' things that I would never have even considered with my others. It was only couple days ago I was saying how squeamish I was and now after reading a thread on it I'm thinking i might like to cut the cord myself! :shock: haha

Its crazy, I spent every day leading up to the births of my sons dreading what I had coming, wishing for it to be over quickly and feeling so scared at the pain I was going to go through. Now I'm feeling totally different, I'm looking forward to it and feel so positive about it all. I cant wait to deliver my little girl and remember every moment :D What have you done to me :rofl:

I think that's great! And as someone else on here said you did this all yourself, the information just happens to be here for you to actually read! :hugs: I totally get how you're feeling though. I remember being disgusted but the first like 6 pages of the "what are you doing with your placenta" thread. Thinking these women are crazy. And no here I am and I can't wait to encapsulate it! hahaha.

Yay - am 37 weeks today, so all clear to give birth at home anytime in the next 5 weeks! Although I really hope it won't take that long...

Fabulous news! Congrats on reaching this milestone.

I am 37 weeks tomorrow. Tried out the pool today :cloud9: and my doula is coming by today for the first antenatal meeting :hugs:

I am 37 weeks tomorrow. Tried out the pool today :cloud9: and my doula is coming by today for the first antenatal meeting :hugs:

Cool - how was the pool? Did you have fun blowing it up?!
Let us know how you get on with your doula
XxX

I keep thinking we ought to try the pool out. It's our midwife's, so I'm just assuming it's OK. I have rooted through the bag so I know we've got all the 'bits' but a puncture check might be worthwhile I suppose...

Yey Cathy! Have fun tonight. :)

Here's a photo of the placenta bag Merv's Mum. Hat now underway...

https://l18.sphotos.l3.fbcdn.net/hphotos-l3-snc4/hs1334.snc4/162662_10150122517121763_746891762_7631829_7147454_n.jpg

Gina. x

Thanks everyone! Luckily, the pool came with a pump so no blowing required! It took us about 20 minutes to blow it up and put the liner on, and about 30-40 minutes to fill it up to the minimum line. This is the Birth Pool in a Box Regular. The temperature of the water was easy to maintain, and although I thought 37 degrees would be a bit chilly for me, it was actually just fine- and I can imagine that in the heat of things, might be a tad too warm for me. Even listened to the hypnobirthing CD our NCT teacher gave us whilst in there- lush!

Meeting with my doula (and her back-up) was fab.

The placenta bag looks fab, Gina! Looks nice and soft and cozy. Love it :)

Glad everything went well Cathy :)

Snaggle that's beautiful!!! The colours are sooooo nice - I can totally see that as a hat too :cloud9:

Glad everything went ok with your meeting Cathy :)

Snaggle that really is beautiful, I love the colours! :D xx

Here's a photo of the placenta bag Merv's Mum. Hat now underway...

https://l18.sphotos.l3.fbcdn.net/hphotos-l3-snc4/hs1334.snc4/162662_10150122517121763_746891762_7631829_7147454_n.jpg

Gina. x

I think it is going to make an awesome hat! I'd buy one!
xXx

:lol: Doula-confusion!!! No I'm not Cathy's or I'd have to charter a plane really!! :rofl: Yeah I'm Anababe's and very happy to be indeed x

i wish lisa could be my doula!! that'd be a laugh "like" :) wonder if the RAF would move me closer just to have you hey lise? :lol:

Lisa could be mine if she wasn't booked. ;)

Lovely reading all these positive feelings and happenings. I'm having a bit of a tough ride at present even before braving all my scary MW things I have coming up so it's a great to help to have all this positivity coming. That bag is stunning! I haven't crocheted in many years but otherwise would love making something like that. Maybe you could start a business selling placenta bags and hats!

Snaggle you could make a tiny hat for the baby to coordinate with their placenta bag! Very neutral in those beautiful bright colours!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->