Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Zara can't they send a plane to get me like?! :p

got no planes here maybe a bright yellow search and rescue helicopter! imagine that landing in your garden "just off to do some doulaing see ya soon!!"

Cathy, how fun! I would love a permanent birth pool in my front room, I think. Totally out of curiosity, why does your doula have a back-up? Does she book women who are due around the samme time, or is she part of a group that take bookings together? It's something I'm interested in doing in the future and also a service I'm considering for next time around, so I'm trying to learn.

Oooh, Zara, I may have to pick your RAF brain. DH has just passed his selection interview for RAF Firefighter, medical this week and fitness tests to come. He was Army until three years ago, but we weren't married then. New way of life ahead, I think.

Glad everything went well Cathy! Crazy filling it up in 40 min, hope we can get that. DH thought it would take hours! hahahaha.

Snaggle that bag is gorgeous! You're very gifted with a needle.

I had my son at home with the help of my husbands mother, the grandmother. She was a labor and delivery nurse at the hospital. It was the best thing I could have ever done. So relaxing, peaceful, not painful! (didn't use any kinds of meds) I love the fact that no one is yelling at you to push and not to push. It is so much less painful when you let your body do the pushing instead of you making it push.

I am planning to have all of my children at home now. I hope to have my next in a water birth.

Peanut, maybe a bit of crochet would help you de-stress from thinking about the difficult midwife things? I find it very relaxing. I often do it at births in the quiet moments - I think the calm industriousness can sometimes be infectious - and am then able to present the parents with a hat/cardi/booties that was made during the birth of their baby.

Whatever comes up with your midwives, know you've got us lot cheering you on in the background. Just imagine us as a motley crew of rather eccentric cheerleaders wielding birth pool pumps, crochet hooks and dosed up to the nines on encapsulated placentas. ;)

Cathy, a 40 minute fill is very impressive. We've got a very dodgy old boiler (which as of this morning is dead anyway) and an immersion heater. We reckon it will take three heatings of the tank to fill the pool, so are expecting a 3 hour fill time. Maybe I should just come to your house. Even with the drive it might be quicker... ;)

Gina. x

Aw thank you! Not sure if I posted itbin this thread but it's actually another week til my mw appointment. :dohh: Very confused about dates this month!

I actually free embroider though it tends to go on the backburner when I'm pregnant as I rarely have the opportunity and energy for it combined at the same time. I could try doing some during labour!

Gina

i just love the idea of you crocheting during labour and presenting it to the parents, what an absolutley unique gift, fabulous :)

Clare x

Last night I was having braxton hicks like it was my job!! :happydance: I'm super happy because I've felt so left out that I haven't felt anything yet and was really wanting to get an idea of what this whole tightening sensation would feel like before the day. I can see why they mess with women's heads though. I'm only 36 weeks so I didn't let it get to me, but if I was like 40 I would think something was happening they were coming quite thick for about 2 hours and then I was getting woken up a few times with them. But woo!! Things are starting in there! :happydance:

Also, some of you will know how much this means to me, my left breast leaked!!!!!!!! Now we're just waiting on the right one. :)

Last night I was having braxton hicks like it was my job!! :happydance: I'm super happy because I've felt so left out that I haven't felt anything yet and was really wanting to get an idea of what this whole tightening sensation would feel like before the day. I can see why they mess with women's heads though. I'm only 36 weeks so I didn't let it get to me, but if I was like 40 I would think something was happening they were coming quite thick for about 2 hours and then I was getting woken up a few times with them. But woo!! Things are starting in there! :happydance:

Also, some of you will know how much this means to me, my left breast leaked!!!!!!!! Now we're just waiting on the right one. :)

OMG!!! So happy for you on both accounts, especially your last sentence. What absolutely freaking brilliant news!!!! :happydance:

Cathy, how fun! I would love a permanent birth pool in my front room, I think. Totally out of curiosity, why does your doula have a back-up? Does she book women who are due around the samme time, or is she part of a group that take bookings together? It's something I'm interested in doing in the future and also a service I'm considering for next time around, so I'm trying to learn.

Another lady booked her a few days before me with an EDD of 18th Feb. My EDD is 7th Feb. Doulas are generally on call from 38-42 weeks so there is a chance we might go into labour at the same time. If my doula is with me first, and the other lady goes into labour, the other lady has priority because she booked the doula first. So the back-up would come out.

If the other lady goes into labour first, my doula will let me know that the back-up is now my point of contact until she says she is able to be with me again.

Cathy, a 40 minute fill is very impressive. We've got a very dodgy old boiler (which as of this morning is dead anyway) and an immersion heater. We reckon it will take three heatings of the tank to fill the pool, so are expecting a 3 hour fill time. Maybe I should just come to your house. Even with the drive it might be quicker... ;)

Yes, we are lucky we have an efficient combi-boiler! Come on down, we have a spare bedroom while we wait for you to pop :flower:

You can't beat a combi bolier! (that's something that I don't say very often!) Ours took about the same time to fill as yours Cathy, It is such a good idea to do a dry (or should I say WET) run. ;-)
xXx

I hate our boiler. We'll have to turn it up to about 60 in the hopes that once it has drained of all the hot water when the cold water starts to come in that it'll then even out the hotness to a nice refreshing 40. We're having a "wet" run either tonight or tomorrow night. I'm just excited to get in! hahaha

Oooh, Zara, I may have to pick your RAF brain. DH has just passed his selection interview for RAF Firefighter, medical this week and fitness tests to come. He was Army until three years ago, but we weren't married then. New way of life ahead, I think.

Its fab! Hope he gets in! :) although being ex army he shouldnt have a problem, the only problem we have at the moment is there not keeping many people on past the 9 years due to budget cuts so its all a bit uncertain! Being a RAF wife if fab though i love it! although living so closely with alot of other women and there husbands working together is a challange sometimes to say the least!

Yeah, I bet it is quite a tightknit community (good and bad in that)
I would definatly be making a sign for your front door, for when you would like visitors! ...because there isn't a ward clark at home keeping people from knocking all times of the day and night. I know everyone wants to see the baby and you..which is really nice, but I found it a little intrusive at times!
xXx

Its fab! Hope he gets in! :) although being ex army he shouldnt have a problem, the only problem we have at the moment is there not keeping many people on past the 9 years due to budget cuts so its all a bit uncertain! Being a RAF wife if fab though i love it! although living so closely with alot of other women and there husbands working together is a challange sometimes to say the least!

Yes, I'd always dreaded living on MQ, as I knew what it had the potential to be like. He reapplied to join the Army and couldn't be taken back on because of cuts. RAF has been a good move so far. I know his medical will be fine, and he should do well with the fitness as well. We were happy to go into Army MQ when we thought he was going to get back in, then we moved down near the in-laws and figured I'd stay put. But, catty padlife aside, I'm so lured in by the sheer affordability and how it'd make it so easy for me to not do my proper job much at all, just enough to keep my hand in. Ideally, my work should go from greatest to least in the order of mummy->doula (after I do my training, obviously)->nurse. /OT novel :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->