Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

i love how people come up with all these genius words of wisdom!!!

I know! I can understand that people want to talk about their experiences, which is totally valid...but surely a pregant woman about to have her first baby is not the best person to tell all the really scary and negative stories to?

i love how people come up with all these genius words of wisdom!!!

I suppose I should be glad I attract no attention when pregnant, it at least saves me all the ridiculous comments.

Yes, that could make things easier! But then I bet you get a lot of people commenting on how much/how little you are showing etc? Hard to escape it all completely :haha:

Not this time. I don't think I've had ANY comments but then I've worked from home most days since ms started so that's probably why! I did get the your so small/big comments last pregnancy and the classic are you sure it's not twins. :dohh:

Healthcare Commission's Maternity Services Performance Scores for North Bristol NHS Trust - Women’s view of cleanliness of delivery and postnatal areas 2/5!!!
The more information I find out the more shocked I am, I'm staying at home in my own germs, thankyou very much!!

My booking appointment went really well today, I seen a new midwife and she was lovely she was all for a home birth she said she couldn't see any reason why I shouldn't have one, she told me if its a water birth I'm wanting then I need to check my floor and I need to check insurances due to the gases they bring, so I guess I need to speak to the mod housing officer to ask where they stand on people having home births! She also told me that they need to do an assessment which I already know I'm pretty sure everything will be fine regarding that! The only thing that I wasn't to happy with was she said its not 100% on staffing on a night they have one midwife at work in the birthing centre and one midwife on call, they will put an extra midwife on call for me as much as they can but because there's only 10 midwifes they can't guarantee that they will always be able to have 2 midwifes on call especially because the baby is due in august/ early sept when a lot of people are on holidays with their kids ect if they can only have one midwife on call the day I go in to labour then I would have to go to them :-/

Not true. I'm on my phone or I'd link. Staffing is not your issue. Have a look at the homebirth.org website under staffing. :)

Hubby is a Swansea boy and I'm surprised he hasnt dragged me back to Cymru to give birth lol!

Shame he doesnt speak much Welsh anymore but his Dewi's Mamgu does so she can teach us all a few bits and pieces.

Where can I find out the HB rates for my area?

I'm on my phone too lisa but I didn't think it was an issue, I might just have to go and have a look after iv watched my big fat gypsy wedding! She gave me a leaflet too "thinking about a home birth" should be an interesting read! Think I'll have a flick through before I give it too chris!!

I've just found a local homebirth group and emailed them. They have a meeting a week on Saturday which we might be able to get along to. :thumbup:

I'm on my phone too lisa but I didn't think it was an issue, I might just have to go and have a look after iv watched my big fat gypsy wedding! She gave me a leaflet too "thinking about a home birth" should be an interesting read! Think I'll have a flick through before I give it too chris!!

OMFG I am in love...I came forma gypsy family but nothing quite as good as this lot.

A 17 year old wearing a 5 stone split to the crotch wedding dress....amazing!

This baby is going to be called John-boy!

As long as noone is planning on calling there child margarita I'm happy!! Haha poor kid! My wedding dress would have given these a run for their money like! Wasn't quite as massive and bling though lol

I still have a gold necklace bearing my full name!

Nope lol 'Charlotteanne'...Mum still has my gold creole earrings packed away a clown pendant and my charm bracelet still lives somewhere. I never had a sovereign necklace though, I do have the teeny signet ring i wore as a kiddie.

Not this time. I don't think I've had ANY comments but then I've worked from home most days since ms started so that's probably why! I did get the your so small/big comments last pregnancy and the classic are you sure it's not twins. :dohh:

Yeah, I love that one! I get it too....:haha:

Gosh, I have a busy day and the whole world has moved on here. :)

Peanut, I was going to say before I read you'd found a local HB group that you could always set up your own. When I moved to Shropshire there was nothing but I heard through the local grapevine of another mum who was very pro-homebirth and we set up a local group together. It's been going for over two years now and it's pretty popular. It means I have to give my house a serious clean and tidy every so often before the hordes of homebirthers come round, but it's worth it. They usually bring cakes and biscuits... And it's how I met my lovely IM. :)

All still quiet here. I was determined that I was going to pop overnight due to the full moon but yesterday evening some of our neighbours were rather un-neighbourly and got me extremely cross. After a screaming fit at DP about how unreasonable and unfair the whole thing was (completely out of character, so I clearly needed the outlet) she was wonderful and did a ring round to get it all sorted, but it did a good job of stopping the contractions I'd been having all day. That's the only downside about home birth. Neighbours! Agh!

Oh, and the boiler that was fixed on Monday stopped working again last night as well. It clearly wasn't my night.

We saw the midwife on Monday and the baby's head is so low she could barely feel it, at least 4/5 in the pelvis (don't I know it). Not bad for a second one! My cervix is down to about 1cm and pretty soft, though still posterior (I haven't got the reach to check dilation/do a diy sweep) and I think I've run out of plug to lose as there's been nothing more since the weekend. I've been walking in the woods, practising NH daily, eating extremely well because I keep thinking that I don't know which meal will be my last before the big event and I'll need the energy... I'm reluctant to try any other measures due to my firm belief that this baby needs to choose it's own birthday regardless of how impatient I get.

Anyone got any bottled patience?

Gina. x

well today is my first mw appointment so im going to bring up a homebirth today even tho i no its ages away yet and then see if i can register with a differrent hospital incase things dont go to plan

Gina, so sorry to hear about your neighbours and the boiler! Definitely not conducive to happy thoughts or oxytocin... thinking of you daily :hugs:

I had the dreaded bad luck high blood pressure today!! :cry: I've told myself it could happen, that it's normal and I'm fine so don't worry about it. Yet I have to go in to the hospital now today to get some blood pressure thingy done to me. (I have to sit in an electric arm band 4 time every 15 min and then the average is my BP.) Naturally my midwife scared the crap out of me. "Now if it's still high with the average then we'll have to call off your home birth from 37 weeks and reassess for possibly the 38th. Why is she always so negative? *sigh* So now I have from now until 1:30 to get my BP down. Me thinks worrying about it isn't helping. :nope:

On higher notes, I'm sad now I missed the gypsy wedding. Not really my thing per-say but from all the comments it like it was a great watch for TV. :) I'm sure it'll be on like 25 other times though! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->