Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Gardening was rather nice.. and yes it's warm enough to sit outside... I am in Tenerife :blush:

So midwife has been called, 13 year old getting ready to go to her Dads, she decided she didn't want to stay.. maybe she'll regret it at a later date but hey ho...

Ooooh exciting but at the same time scary... Am I being stupid?? Im worried the midwife will come and everything will stop??

Thanks again xx

haha Thanks, girls. This is his Facebook status at the moment:

James Smith
has passed his hour-long selection interview, medical and fitness test with flying colours! And has been recommended for service in Her Majesty's Royal Air Force........as a Firefighter! :) It's the perfect job, like a cross between Backdraft and Top Gun. Happy days!! Right, I'm off to give myself a big self-congratulatory pat on the back.

You should see the Army and ex-Army guys' comments. :haha:

Oh, just to finish off yesterday's convo, I couldn't feel my cervix (or rather, I can't bend that way well enough anymore). However, I did squat while inserting my Starflower capsule and didn't feel as much oil leakage as usual compared to when I insert it standing up. So thanks for the tip! :D

James Smith
has passed his hour-long selection interview, medical and fitness test with flying colours! And has been recommended for service in Her Majesty's Royal Air Force........as a Firefighter! :) It's the perfect job, like a cross between Backdraft and Top Gun. Happy days!! Right, I'm off to give myself a big self-congratulatory pat on the back.

So, what does this mean for you- will you guys move? Where will his Basic Training be?

James Smith

So, what does this mean for you- will you guys move? Where will his Basic Training be?

I'd said before that we wouldn't, and Jack I would stay put. But with me wanting to be home more, married quarters (well, the cost of them and council tax) would make it so much more feasible. I'm lucky that nursing is needed everywhere, and I can do my doula training anywhere. So, there's a good chance we could be moving this year, once his two lots (6 months worth, in total) is done, although I have no idea where. Basic is in Hertfordshire, and then the phase two (is it phase two in the RAF) trade specific bit is in East Kent (not very far from where we are now). :happydance:

Gardening was rather nice.. and yes it's warm enough to sit outside... I am in Tenerife :blush:

So midwife has been called, 13 year old getting ready to go to her Dads, she decided she didn't want to stay.. maybe she'll regret it at a later date but hey ho...

Ooooh exciting but at the same time scary... Am I being stupid?? Im worried the midwife will come and everything will stop??

Thanks again xx

All the best! Very exciting! Sending you lots of positive thoughts :hugs:

mmmmm Firefighter.

*ahem*

scuse me.

Hehe, literally made me LOL!

I'm in one of those moods...I keep picturing a naked Erik for True Blood on a bed of cherry Maoam (my newest love).

I havent even got the horn I have too much heartburn, just picturing it makes me smile in my head.

Although Indianna jones is on the Tv...mmmmmm Harrison Ford.

That is what I'm watching!!! ummm Dr Jones! I don't know which film is my fav? Think this could be the one!

Jude - how are you getting on??!? So excited for you!

Manda - hehehe, my OH likes the idea of a job where it is somewhere between Backdraft and Topgun, I also like it, but for different reasons! (prob similar to chuck's!) ;-)
And I am feeling quite fruity lately! darn't rub in my tummy oil too much! tmi!
XxX

Had my first listen to hypnobirthing tracks. Mmmmm....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Oh I spoke to our community support officer about home birth today he said to phone defence estates housing and ask them about it, he also added it should be fun because it probably isn't something they've been asked for a very long time maybe even ever! So I'll probably have them all running about all over trying to find out if we can have oxygen in the house haha when in comes to the weight my floors will hold the down stairs is all cement anyway so shouldn't have a problem with that but iv been thinking about doing it upstairs, does anyone have any words of wisdom regarding this!? The CSO reckons the weather will be nice I should just open the patio doors and do it in the garden haha he also went on to tell me how his daughter had just given birth to her 2nd child at hillcrest (maternity unit) and it was lovely she got to stay there for a week and relax she didn't have to worry about her first child she could just spend time with the baby and the midwifes took the baby during the night if she needed them too, she got all her meals cooked ect she loved it so why don't I just go there, this isn't the first comment exactly the same iv had like this even before I was pregnant when I suggested I wanted to have the next one at home, even the midwifes say pretty much that and everyone I have spoken too who has given birth there has raved about it but it just isn't me! I don't want to leave my other kids at home for a week while I have a midwife take care of me and my baby, I want bonding time as a family not just visiting hours, but then I guess you have to bite your tongue when it comes to peoples "suggestions" iv been pregnant enough now to understand that everyone has there own tuppence to put in I think iv lernt to just lie and say oh yeah that's a good idea I'll keep that in mind... Insted of getting in to it with random people!!

Zara, I wouldn't worry too much about the weight of a pool upstairs. Check the sites of the suppliers you're considering. I think the equivalent weight is about the same as 8 adults so as long as you'd be comfortable having a group of adults standing in the place you're planning to put the pool there shouldn't be an issue. I've been at a couple of home births with pools upstairs. The only downside was lack of water pressure in one place, but you'd have the chance to check that out in advance anyway. :)

All quiet here too, despite me spending some time this evening communing with the full moon when out walking the dog. I think I'm going to give up and go to bed to see if she can start to work her magic while I sleep.

Gina.

My last two were both full mooners so I'm hoping for some action tonight! Either Gina or one of my 2 friends - one EDD tomorrow one just past hers - or my next client also EDD tomorrow. Someones gotta pop suuuuurely??!!!

You ladies have gone off the deep end!! I go away for an hour to be strapped to a bed and this is what I come back to! :rofl:

Jude: I know it's been said loads of times but I totally think you're doing an amazing thing as well and it's going to go great! I love that you're giving us updates, could be though that I'm just a nosey person and love things like that, hahaha! Let us know though how everything goes. :flower:

Manda: That's awesome hun!!!!! You just must be so proud and so excited!!

Pimento: I tried to feel my cervix and just was not happening! I squatted, and sat, and lifted a leg. There was just no way of getting my short little arm around me enough to get anything up there! grrrr.

As for me I am perfectly fine!! My BP was 140/98 when my midwife took it, but I took your advice and took a nice long bath. Actually what I ended up doing was filling up the birth pool a bit more with hot water (We filled it up last night for a trial run) and layed in there for a good hour. Seems it did the trick as my BP for the first go was back to down to 124/75 and the 2 consecutive ones were just as good! I had to be fully monitored though for like 45 min tracking any contractions and babies movement/heart beat which was really annoying. I was told this is what it would be like if I was on constant monitoring in the Hospital and I thought what a load of crap! Every time I coughed or giggled or breathed too deeply it would mess the Doppler thing up and we would have to re-do it!! :growlmad: Seriously a waste of energy and time. But alas I'm fine! Home birth back on!!! :happydance:

Jenni, great news on the BP/Homebirth front. I had to have some of that monitoring the other week when we thought my waters may have gone and it is bizarre, and not in any way appealing. I'm really glad all was well. And only two day to go until you hit that magic 37 week mark! :)

No moon magic for me. Bah. Hopefully it worked for one of the others Merv's mum. By this point in my last pregnancy I was in labour. This is clearly a very comfy baby.

Gina. x

i spoke to the mw yesterday and because of hemeraging (sp?) and blood loss i might be classed as high risk and wont be able to get transfered to a different hospital or have a homebirth :(

Why should that take away your hospital choice? For that matter why should that put you as high risk and take away your choice of a homebirth? I had bleeding throughout first tri last pregnancy and still worked towards a homebirth.

Why should that take away your hospital choice? For that matter why should that put you as high risk and take away your choice of a homebirth? I had bleeding throughout first tri last pregnancy and still worked towards a homebirth.

i have no idea, her decision is based on zanes birth even tho it was normal i just hemeraged, i didnt need a blood transfusion, i stopped bleeding just in time so i dont see how that would make me high risk either.

the other hospital dont take high risk cases apparently, im not giving up

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"