Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Chuck, you are gorgeous!! You are looking fabulous!

Well, I've got some news. At around midnight last night, I felt a trickle of waters... at first I wasn't sure if it was my waters or wee but I put a thick pad on anyway. Went back to bed, and everytime I moved or felt the baby move, I felt more trickle. Everytime I rolled over or got up to go the bathroom, I felt a lot more trickle! So, yes, I am pretty sure this is my waters. :thumbup:

Told DH, then we both couldn't sleep! We came downstairs, had something to eat and watched a recorded episode of Grey's Anatomy. This is about 3am now, we went back upstairs and I had to change my pad as the motion of getting up from the couch after sitting down for an hour released another gush of liquid. When I wiped, a thin mucus-y bit came out and I yelled out to DH, "Wanna see my mucus plug?" :haha:

Anyway, between 3am and now, I haven't had much more trickle but I've had period-like pains. My last visit to the bathroom gave me a great bit more of mucus! I've put a fresh pad on and taken a couple of paracetamol to take the edge off. I've called my doula and will call the MW in a bit to let her know. I've taken my temperature just in case they start threatening me with having to go in due to infection risk, etc.

All water and mucus plug look clear, no blood tinge or green to be seen! :cloud9:

Sending lots of labour dust your way Jude and Gina! Maybe the full moon was a bit late where we live? :wacko:

Oh wow Cathy, what exciting news! It all sounds perfect. :) Now get off the computer and go back to bed! Sleep while you still can! ;) Mountains of luscious labour dust to you from here. And welcome to the January club!

Oooh, I wonder if we'll have babies born on the same day! I have to admit, I think you're likely to be ahead of me now by the sounds of things, but I can hope. :)

Woo hoo! You'll be in my thoughts today Cathy. Good luck!

Gina. x

ooo how exiting!! hope we see some babys soon :) oh and happy V day chuck!!!

Ooooh!!! All these lovely babies coming into the world! The full moon had some effect on our homebirth ladies!! Looks as though it is going to be a busy weekend!
Have a glass of wine for me ladies!

Chuck your bump looks great!! It reminds me to take more pictures this time round, As I've only got a couple from DD bump.
XxX

Oh, I'm full of beans now! Might try to go down for a kip in a hour or two...

Oh yay....merry labour dust to you ladies!

C'mon ms pat lets get that baby turned and on the way properly!

Hey guys... ooof My midwife came last night after I had been having contractions since my monitor session the previous day. Now Please bear in mind I had a letter to go TODAY as the 'natural' MW in the hospital who i have alot of respect for told me not to leave it any longer than that. I think legally the hospitals aren´t allowed to....Anyway..my HB midwife came last night, I had lost my plug so she checked me and said i was 2cm and it would be a matter of hours rather than days... I'm still here 24 hours later, and have passed the time the hospital told me to go.

According to the Drs dates, I have 42 weeks and 3 days!! With our dates ( I had a period which is being called into question with their dates) I have 40 weeks today!!!

Soo what to do, she is on her way just now to check me again.... I just don't want any more days like this too many times I have been thinking this is IT.. BUT induction.???? AAAAAAH why does this time so much harder than before... I am fitter and healthier than I was back then so no OLD comments ;0) thank you very much!!

Your plug has gone so that great news! :) And it's not your waters so there's no risk of infection. So that's good too! :) Just stick to your guns and say NO induction. Even if they won't listen to your reasoning as to why you want to wait there's nothing wrong with being monitored. :) And remember you don't have to keep having these midwives come in a poke around in you. Unless you want to know of course, but the more the poke and prod the more chance you have of them accidentally popping your waters and then you may have to go in for an induction. Just keep the faith hun! :hugs:

Cathy!!! You're a love bug you can't go yet!! Nah just kidding on you go hun have your LO :) It's so exciting!!! Lots and lots of labour dust for you.

Good luck to everyone who's about to have their baby!! :flower:

My BP was high... AGAIN! :growlmad: It wasn't as bad though, not even the 20 or over it was last time yet she still wanted me to go in for profile. I was so bored last time I begged her not to make me go. hahahaha. But she called and set up an appt for me. Then after the babies heart beat was read and I was laying on the couch nice and relaxed I persuaded her to do another one. 128/80!!! :happydance: So she just gave me a funny look and said "Ok you don't have to go" Then I stuck my tongue our at her and said "I'm so easy to work with eh?" hahaha

We had a few more jibes at eachother. Her mentioning me standing up in the pool to get a good heart beat read every 20 min or so. I just patted her on the back and said "Yea good luck with that on the day" And she just smiled and shook her head. I like that I'm finally getting to understand how she works. I really hope she's there on my day :)

Still here and intact... Been leaking water all day. Spoke to MW shortly after I last posted and she suggested reflexology and acupuncture to get things going naturally to avoid any interventions (!). MW came by and I declined a vaginal examination, swabbing and a stretch & sweep. My BP, baby's HR all good. Told her that I'm taking my temp every 2 hours and that I will not be going into hospital for antibiotics or induction. She was fine with that. Just had reflexology, having acupuncture tonight too. Having period-like pains still and some tightenings but nothing conclusive. Will keep you all updated :)

Thanks for the update Cathy. Thinking of you and hoping things kick off properly soon.

G. x

Good news with the MW Cathy. Are you leaking your waters, or is it still plug?
Xx

Hellooooo

You can change my details on the front page of this thread now :D

Baby Rafe arrived at 5am on 20th January at home in the birth pool as planned. He weighed a whopping 9lbs 13oz!!

Just off to write my birth story for y'all now :D

XxX:kiss:

Lou, how wonderful! Huge congratulations! I can't wait to read your story. :)

Gina. x

Ooh I turn my back for 5 minutes and this thread is buzzing again! It went quite quiet at one point! Good luck to the ladies approaching their due dates :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->