Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Hellooo Stacy come join us - we 're the nutters remember lol.

So, on a slightly less scientific vein, can I ask a shallow question? For those women who have had a waterbirth, did you get out of the pool to wee? :dohh: Or did the MWs want to see you actually get out and sit on the toilet to wee to ensure you were actually wee'ing? I put it on my birth preference for my MW and doula to ensure I empty my bladder often as I know a full bladder can slow things down...

I guess poo'ing would be a bit different (although we have a sieve).

What about you ladies who are planning a water birth? What do you think of this?

I don't know if I did a wee in the pool - but I think I prob did. My MWs were encouraging me to do one if I wanted, and keot telling me not to worry as it was all sterile.. as you say Cathy, just to help baby down.
I was drinking lots and lots of fluid must have drunk about 7 pints of orange squash in the 4 hours I was in the pool.. So I can't see that I didn't! However I didn't get out or feel the need to wee once. Could I have let my bladder just go in a contraction - because I have no idea where all that fluid went!?

As for poo - my bowls were empty. I had what felt like a bit of deli-belly in early labour. Also I remember one of my MWs commenting (very close to the birth) my anus and rectum had opened, so they knew where babies head was... How bizzare! :blush:
xXx

I didn't poo in labour (was one of my worst fears) or if I did I didn't notice and no-one told me! I do remember the little fishing net the MW brought round with the pool last time though! :lol: I might not mind peeing in the pool, I might if DH was in there too but he doesn't intend to be. He's pretty unsqueamish as they go but there is a line and I suspect bathing in my birthing bloods and fluids does cross over it for him.

Thanks, BF! I figured since urine is sterile, it would be OK... it's amazing the things we talk about on here!

Aw a friend of mine has been taken in to hospital to be induced tonight due to high blood pressure! Bless her, I guess that's one thing you can't plan for! Hope it doesn't happen to me!!!

I shall let you all know how it goes for her! This is her 2nd baby and her first is two days younger than harry!! Mad woman lol

I need to put in my birth plan to remind me to drink in labour.

I dont think I drank any where near enough last time....I had a catetar so I ndidnt know how much I was 'peeing'. But i felt so rough after I think I was dehydrated on top of everything else.

PPH is so difficult to really difficult to assess as well due to frequent under *or* overestimates of actual blood loss. Cupcake's information is fantastic, especially those 4 T's!

So, on a slightly less scientific vein, can I ask a shallow question? For those women who have had a waterbirth, did you get out of the pool to wee? :dohh: Or did the MWs want to see you actually get out and sit on the toilet to wee to ensure you were actually wee'ing? I put it on my birth preference for my MW and doula to ensure I empty my bladder often as I know a full bladder can slow things down...

I guess poo'ing would be a bit different (although we have a sieve).

What about you ladies who are planning a water birth? What do you think of this?
I remember (and mind this is 15 + years ago) Getting out the pool to poo as doing it inside was my worst nightmare!! i was in the loo and when I came back out I have complete clarity of saying 'get me back in the water and i am NOT getting back out till the baby is here! ha ha yup contraction in the toilet and boy did i notice the difference!! Peeig for me no probs, the second birth I had i water I didn't get out till she came and waters broke at the same time with staining so I had to get out of the pool :0( But everything else was FANTASTIC!!

Hey guys... ooof My midwife came last night after I had been having contractions since my monitor session the previous day. Now Please bear in mind I had a letter to go TODAY as the 'natural' MW in the hospital who i have alot of respect for told me not to leave it any longer than that. I think legally the hospitals aren´t allowed to....Anyway..my HB midwife came last night, I had lost my plug so she checked me and said i was 2cm and it would be a matter of hours rather than days... I'm still here 24 hours later, and have passed the time the hospital told me to go.

According to the Drs dates, I have 42 weeks and 3 days!! With our dates ( I had a period which is being called into question with their dates) I have 40 weeks today!!!

Soo what to do, she is on her way just now to check me again.... I just don't want any more days like this too many times I have been thinking this is IT.. BUT induction.???? AAAAAAH why does this time so much harder than before... I am fitter and healthier than I was back then so no OLD comments ;0) thank you very much!!

I never even thought about weeing in the pool, i cant imagine its something I would want to do but who knows how I feel once Im in there, I may not want to get out lol

31 weeks today :D Its going so quick. See MW at 32 weeks and will tell her I want a HB then, hopefully I wont have any problems :thumbup:

Something has changed today, Im not sure if its my spd starting later than last time or if maybe baby has dropped a bit lower (sure its bit early for that though?), but I feel really.. urm like bruised 'down there' lol bruised is only way i can explain it! Its so painful when I walk or even just getting up of the couch etc I had SPD with both my pregnancies and had physio but it started earlier on about 24 weeks so thought it had missed me this time :shrug: Not sure what it is anyway but its bloody painful! And that on top of the Braxton Hicks which are really strong at the minute, I'm moving around like I'm an old woman not 25 :rofl:

Just realised I havent taken any pics of bump yet, Mind you i'm not as neat as last time, my last bump was lovely...31 weeks, I love this pic despite my messy hair and silly socks.
https://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv72/miss_charlie_photo/bump/HPIM1017.jpg

Fab bump Chuck, and you've got some lovely looking tats. I'll be showing mine off shortly when we have birth photos to post. :)

Gina. x

Well had a bath and took some iphone shots...EEK I look just as big as that and I'm only 24 weeks (V-day tomorrow actually)

check out how messy the room is now LOL https://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv72/miss_charlie_photo/819d0bee.jpg

Yikes this thread move fast! I am off on holiday for a week...hurrah! I expect I will have a lot to catch up on when I get back....!

Including your birth Snagglepat - all the very best xx

aha I'm glad things move on here quite fact, I feel more at home here than over in 2nd tri.

The trimester boards were great first time around but I feel a bit out of place this time as I was pregnant so recently. Feel like a bit of an old sage or something it's weird, I guess I'm just a lot more relaxed about teh little things and so much more fixated on the labour and birth whereas last time I was all about the details in the pregnanxy and didnt focus on the labour and birth enough to speak up when the hospital started to intervene.

Ah well live and learn.

It is amazing how different each pregnancy can be isn't it? They've been worlds apart for me too, though for very different reasons. I spent most of this pregnancy trying to figure out how I could set things up so that I could have as good a birth as last time but with the NHS rather than an IM. It just wasn't happening and since deciding that debt + emotional security was more important than staying in the black at around 30 weeks and finally booking our IM I've been much happier. I didn't even feel able to engage properly in this thread until then because I just didn't have the confidence that things were going to work out, which is mad given my background and the fact that we have a very competent doula on board. But hey, we're there now and we are going to have an amazing home birth again. Any day now. Honest...

We had a curry last night and I have been getting slightly stronger and more ouchy contractions since yesterday afternoon but there's no pattern to them. I'm thinking it might be a positional thing. This baby is so persistently OP that even though the head is over 4/5 in my pelvis I wonder if it's just not putting pressure on the cervix in the right way to push things along. I've got a free afternoon while DD is at play group so I think I'll spend it doing spinning baby gymnastics. I'm now more pregnant than I've ever been which is an interesting thought (DD was born just before 6am on her due date, the equivalent of about two hours ago).

I'm in love with this thread now too. Definitely the most homely place on here for me at the moment. :)

How are things going Jude? I hope labour has kicked off for you now, or that you're able to negotiate with your hospital about the different ideas about your due date to get them to back off a bit. Good luck!

Thanks for the positive thoughts Lucky. Have a fab week away. :)

Gina. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"