Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Nicola, your pictures are wonderful. :cloud9: So so beautiful.

Lisa, I'll get that scanned for you either today or tomorrow.

Welcome, hpjagged. How lucky you are to have an independent midwife - that's fab. :thumbup:

Welcome, hpjagged. Are you American as well? I'm American and have lived in the UK 7+ years. My DH was in the British Army, came out and applied to go back in about a year later! We're waiting to hear something.

My (rescheduled) midwife visit is in under 2 hours. Eeeek!

Ah, so we're opposites then. I met my DH in 2005 as well. I can't wait for him to get back in the army, as I know he'll be so much happier (and his regiment is only in two places in England, so we would never have to move too far). Where are you guys based? I've heard rumours of Taco Bells and the like in RAF Lakenheath, and it makes me wish I could get on base. I neeeeed Taco Hell!

Oooh, it's not fair! I wish my passport would let me in, and I'd drive all the way there just for that. For those of you who have never had Taco Bell (it was in this country ages ago), it's "Tex-Mex" (and I use the term loosely) fast food, and it's cheap. And it's what I need during this pregnancy. Specifically, nachos bellgrande, double decker taco supreme, mexican pizza and Mountain Dew. :cry:

I've been to the US a few times now - all down the West coast, NYC and the obligatory Orlando trip and I ALWAYS go to Taco Bell!! You have to!!

Aaaww bless. Your passport will let you in, you just need someone with an ID to sign you in and then you got all that taco bell to eat lol

That's the thing though. I don't know anyone there. I don't know many Americans over here (in real life, sort of thing) really.

Lisa, I'm so glad you understand.

Found another link lisa for daddies, its a book...

https://www.homebirthbook.com/1.html

Well now ya know me lol That's a long ass drive though lol

Just stole this from the homebirth thread in second tri...:blush:

https://madeinwater.co.uk/homebirth.html

Can i just ask....... are most people on here having a home birth after already having a baby or are there people having their first child as a home birth?
Jen x

This is my first baby.

I don't know how my body will labour, but I at least want the chance to do everything natural. Women have been having first babies for a long time without hospitals so chances are everything will be fine, but if I need to transfer for a medical reason then I won't be disappointed as that is what will be right for me. My mother, MIL, grandmothers...in fact all the women in my family have given birth vaginally first time so chances are I will be the same.

This is my first baby, I have no idea how I will labour but I am confident my body can do what its designed to do. My fiance is the only one supportive of my decision everyone else has been completely negative about homebirths, but the more I read about it the more I feel quite angered that people are led to believe that hospital births are safer than home births when it has never been scientifically proven..Ill get off my soap box now..:dohh:

This is our first baby too. The odds of there being any complications are very small, but the techniques I plan to use throughout labour should keep me really in tune and listening to my body and my baby. We'll also be able to draw on the experience and expertise of midwives. If we need extra help, we'll take it.

This is our first baby too. The odds of there being any complications are very small, but the techniques I plan to use throughout labour should keep me really in tune and listening to my body and my baby. We'll also be able to draw on the experience and expertise of midwives. If we need extra help, we'll take it.

I am confident my body can do what its designed to do.

Yes, this! :) Feels so good to have that self-belief, doesn't it? :cloud9:

THIS IS IT GIRLS!! This is the crux of birth full stop IMO. Where ever you chose to or end up birthing, if you believe in yourself and your body's natural ability to do what it was designed to do, it's a very empowering feeling. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->