Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

congrats cathy - can't wait to hear your story when you get a chance!

Thanks for the update snaggle, I wondered if things had gotten started for you yet. Glad to hear the nipple stimulation did something for you. Definately need to remember that if contractions start to drop off at any stage.

Hey Ladies...finally managed to get back online with what's been happening.. Cosmo Kai born 21.01.2011 11.15pm 52cms 9lbs 9oz /4320kg

In the end we had him in hospital :-(... We spent wed eve, All of Thursday night after losing my plug at 2 in the afternoon on Thursday and all of friday with (waters breaking at 7.30 am) at home with my midwife... at one point the head could be seen but at 5.30 pm friday my midwife decided that I should go to hospital to see if with prostglandin it would move things along.

So we ate and off we went, ooof the reaction we got when we arrived at as i had 42 weeks and 5 days!!! How could we have waited..how irresponsible!!

Thing is.. in the house i had been having contractions and pushing with no pain!! at times I was even having to sit with my hands on my stomach to feel if i was contracting or not.. my midwife kept saying my mum had 6 kids with no pain, sometimes it's just like that.!!

When we were ready to go and getting in the car, my contractions were coming every 4 mins and they were sore finally!!

Arriving at the hospital every 3 mins they took a look and said, you're closed..how could that be??? They sent me up to a room and said your husband has to leave at 9... this was 8.. I was crying like a baby as the pain was so bad and I had him doing pressure points on my sacrum to relieve the pain... By 9.30 I was coming every 2 mins so I said you're nt leaving call to have them take me downstairs again.. so off we went and midwife who was around 63 and VERY scary said ok you're 3-4 cms go and we'll monitor you... errrr are you kidding lie in the bed and not be able to move, no thanks.. she respected my birth plan and left me in peace... within half an hour i wanted to push, she saw my face and said ok lets take a look again, i was 7-8 cms... then i said really i want to push she said your waters will break any minute and that will be you, literally 10 seconds later POP all over the place... ok lets go and off we went to the labour room, up you get she said, i thought she just wanted to look again but oh no this was where i was giving birth... no no no i can't. Dany had to explain to her that i wasn't saying I couldn't push but that I didn't want to do it on the bed in stirrup things... thats the way we do it she said!!! It was too late to do anything else at this point... out came the head, she checked the cord and then said ok lets push, she wanted to cut me or use forceps but dany said, look she already has given birth to a 9lb 3 oz , she's tried and tested!!!! She grabbed under his armpits and pulled out the little monster as I pushed...with that last push and a noise that was apparently a cross between the Hulk & Godzilla Cosmo Kai was born....

After my previous experience of the uterus not contracting she massaged me and MAN did she massage and had cotton swabs inside to clean me up...ooofff, the old ways of doing things..but you know what. I had much respect for her.. She was thorough and experienced... I think maybe someone younger would have cut me. But wee man in the end is fab!! Huge and healthy. We enjoyed our experience at home as much as we had, but in the end it just wasn't to be.

Good luck to those of you still waiting for your home births, maybe IF I decide to have any more i'll get another opportunity. We shall see!!

xxxx

wow Jude! Congrats!!! At least he is healthy and happy but man, that hospital would have pissed me off too!! :hugs:

Jude - congrats on the birth of Cosmo. It's wonderful that your husband was so behind you for birthing naturally. Seems as though things could have been very different if he were not there making sure the midwife stuck to the birth plan. Hope you are doing well.

Bloody hell Jude!!!!! What an ordeal I just sat with my jaw on the deck reading that!!! So sorry you had to go through all that x

Yay cathy! Yay and :hugs: Jude. That hospital sounds really scary, I hardly have words! I'm glad you little chunkster is here safe and sound.

Wow. Jude, huge congratulations on the birth of your son. I love his name and have huge respect for you for keeping up the battle for your natural birth right up until the last second. You did incredibly well given those circumstances. I was like Merv's Mum = couldn't believe what I was reading at some points! And well done to your husband for sticking up for you and the birth you wanted as well.

Wow. Two beautiful babies born in the last few days. At this rate Jenni and Clare are both going to have theirs before me too! There's no change here. I'm now going to aim for a family endurance record to try and maintain my sanity. My Mum went 10 days over with my sister. Let's see if I can beat that!

Gina. x

And Snaggle we KNOW you of all women can do it because you understand how important it is that your baby decides when she's ready to let go of her womb-side life - you're a Lotus Mama! :winkwink: x

Big big congratulations to Cathy and Jude!!

Gina, I'm sure you're next....I want this one to stay in until the house is all right for her, she knows that :winkwink: Although I have been having lots of pains in the cervix area in the night and this morning....!

Clare x

And Snaggle we KNOW you of all women can do it because you understand how important it is that your baby decides when she's ready to let go of her womb-side life - you're a Lotus Mama! :winkwink: x

Thank you. You've made me go all tingly. :)

I do really appreciate the comment actually. When we saw the midwife on Saturday we discussed post-dates options and the possibility of trying a sweep this coming Saturday if there's still no action (41+1). On the one hand I do feel the appeal of that. I'm human, I'm impatient, I want to meet my baby and I'm sick of living in a body that can no longer do most of the things I want it to and that hurts all the time. BUT there's this nagging part of me that says exactly what you just did. It's not my choice. This baby won't stay in forever and as long as all is healthy (I will happily accept extra monitoring as time goes on to ensure that) what right do I have to impose a birth date on my child?

So thank you. I needed to be reminded of that. :)

Gina. x

PS. You said "when she's ready". :) Been having any premonitions? I've been getting decidedly girly vibes this last week or so after spending most of the pregnancy feeling boy like, so I really have no clue.

And good luck Clare. I'll keep my fingers crossed that whichever way it goes for you - before or after work is complete - it goes wonderfully.

Gina. x

Oooo I did that completely subconsciously! Although I do think strong women make the next generation of strong women so maybe I'm hoping ;)

x

^ That must be true as there was considerable confidence that I'm carrying a girl at my last scan. :winkwink:

What a great story Jude! :hugs: Your OH is amazing totally being on your side and helping fight for what you want when you're in the middle of dealing, obviously, with other things. Glad you and your Big Boy son are doing well. :thumbup:

Hey Snag, no worries hun my sweet baby girl is supposed to stay in until at least the 16th of Feb (I'm due the 12th) because that's when my sister gets in! So you'll have your precious LO well before that. Or at least I hope! hahaha :winkwink:

congratulations Cathy and Jude!! :)
Happy that you had as close to the birth you wanted as possible :), I've had those stirrup things and they are bloody AWFUL!! xx

Awesome stuff Jude, despite the negativity of the hospital you stuck to your guns and got your natural birth.

Proof positive that even with a hospital transfer and pressure from the staff you can still get things your way - mostly!

Happy babymoon!

Just to add to the cervix effacement/dilation subject, this animation shows the whole process perfectly: https://video.femmesplus.fr/video/iLyROoafteUU.html

Gina.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->