Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Wooooo! Congratulations Snaggle! That is wonderful news :happydance: am off to read your birth story now as well!

Oh just wanted to add that I had a midwife appointment this morning and my iron is looking much better! Hurrah! It is at an 'acceptable' level, still going to work at getting it up a bit, but it means that my homebirth has less concern around it which is good....:happydance:

Just out of interest what was your iron level lucky? Just interested in comparing opinions on what is 'low' and 'acceptable' in different areas. :)

Just out of interest what was your iron level lucky? Just interested in comparing opinions on what is 'low' and 'acceptable' in different areas. :)

Last blood test when it was low my levels were: Hb 96, Ferritin 8.5
Then today my levels were (I think): Hb 110, Ferrtin 15

My midwife said she would ideally like to see levels of around 120, but that things should keep improving with my increase of supplements anyway.

I am just so happy it has made a difference!

yay, congratulations Gina...off for a read now....could be me next - OMG!!

My midwife said she would ideally like to see levels of around 120, but that things should keep improving with my increase of supplements anyway.

Wow my ferritin levels are (or were a few weeks ago) 18 and Im having problems getting my MW to even discuss me having a home birth!

She wasnt very nice to see last time but I had an awful appointment on Monday where she basically said if I dont get my iron up to 'normal' then im seriously going against professional advice and Im not thinking about my current children because im taking a risk not being in hospital :growlmad:

Her words were 'You cant just HAVE a home birth, women choose that because they have a particular way they want their labour to go, not because your a single parent and have no childcare' :growlmad::growlmad: I never even mentioned the children.. I have childcare wherever I decide to give birth!!

She then said we'll discuss other options at my 36 week appt. I dont want to discuss other options I want a Home Birth!! :nope:

I was really upset but thanks to much reassurance and encouragement from my wonderful doula Lisa (MMum) :flower: Ive phoned up my MW team leader and asked if my care can be transferred to a different MW and explained my situation. Im waiting for a call off her today so hopefully it will be sorted soon!

xx

Congratulations Gina!! These 2nd babies seem to love makin a swift journey earthside!! My son was the same after 25 hours with aimee! Well done - enjoy ur lil man x x

Wow my ferritin levels are (or were a few weeks ago) 18 and Im having problems getting my MW to even discuss me having a home birth!

She wasnt very nice to see last time but I had an awful appointment on Monday where she basically said if I dont get my iron up to 'normal' then im seriously going against professional advice and Im not thinking about my current children because im taking a risk not being in hospital :growlmad:

Her words were 'You cant just HAVE a home birth, women choose that because they have a particular way they want their labour to go, not because your a single parent and have no childcare' :growlmad::growlmad: I never even mentioned the children.. I have childcare wherever I decide to give birth!!

She then said we'll discuss other options at my 36 week appt. I dont want to discuss other options I want a Home Birth!! :nope:

I was really upset but thanks to much reassurance and encouragement from my wonderful doula Lisa (MMum) :flower: Ive phoned up my MW team leader and asked if my care can be transferred to a different MW and explained my situation. Im waiting for a call off her today so hopefully it will be sorted soon!

xx

Wow hun, that is awful! There are so many things that she said that are offensive, patronising and just plain wrong! I'm so sorry! It is great that you have Lisa to talk to and that you are going to get another midwife - I am truly shocked at some of the things she said to you! :growlmad:

My midwife would ideally like to see my levels higher...but she (and I) were just happy that things were improving, and are assuming they will keep improving.

All the best for the transfer and I hope you get a lovely supportive midwife to accompany you on your homebirth journey! :hugs:

Cor I go away for a couple days and have a busy week and all these babies arrive yay!

Will tryv to catch up when i have time, was away for the weekend, Dewi went to hospital (he's ok thankfully bronciolitis AGAIN!) I had to train people at work, got parents evening, an NCT homebirth info evening and a homebuy open day all the next few days so busy busy busy at the mo.

Hope all the HB'ers and hopefuls are well.

I'm starting to feel very very pg now and I'm still only 2nd tri. Ergh it's so much more tough this time around that or I'd forgotten how tough it was last time! Heartburn, puffed out and exhausted most of the time already! eek!

Sorry reading back a little bit while the kiddos are busy working and I notice a few of you are not wanting internal to check progress, have you read any papers on using 'the purple line' to measure progress in labour?

https://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2393/10/54

xx

UGH!! That's horrid!! I'm so glad you have the support of a Doula to help you out with this (Even better since it's Lisa!) Let us know how it goes hun.

Birth pool arrived this morning and some more bits are coming for it tomorrow. Got my TENS machine in the post yesterday too. So almost all ready for bubba now. Downloaded a hypnobirth mp3, I realise I have left it too late to get the best out of it but I want to use it specifically to help me to relax about going overdue and let go of the stress and pressure I'm likely to feel when people start nagging me and the MW start talking about induction.

Anababe, your midwife sounds rubbish. You've done the right thing by requesting a new one. My iron was low both last time and this time, but no one every officially told me this would jeopardise my home birth chances.

Oh, and totally annoyed! I cracked a wisdom tooth yesterday and a chunk of it fell off! I got a dentist appointment for next Wednesday, but talk about inconvenient timing! AND my bath plug is broken, its a complicted 'riser' kind that has come disconnected from the mechanism. Its still under guarantee so B&Q is sending someone to fix it, but the can't come until the 11th Feb, which is a pain with a two year old :( No soothing calming baths for me either :(

Oh, and totally annoyed! I cracked a wisdom tooth yesterday and a chunk of it fell off! I got a dentist appointment for next Wednesday, but talk about inconvenient timing! AND my bath plug is broken, its a complicted 'riser' kind that has come disconnected from the mechanism. Its still under guarantee so B&Q is sending someone to fix it, but the can't come until the 11th Feb, which is a pain with a two year old :( No soothing calming baths for me either :(

Oh that is bad!! My boiler has just broken - what is it with this awful timing?!!! Or is it just nature making everything right in time for baby, even if we turn grey(er) in the process!!

Good luck with getting all your bits "fixed"!!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lifeventur...sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=sports&qid=1296658068&sr=8-1

I wouldnt cope without a bath! Although I probably would get told off for having them too hot - mind you I no loner have them so hot you have to get in in stages lol!

I want a bath tonight but I'm stuck in school till 8pm...ergh parents evening. It take sooooo long!

Woohooo on your pool arriving Amy!!! that is brilliant news! and sorry to hear about your tooth and your bath!

L3 - good luck with your boiler too.. I'm sure it IS just to make you feel a little greyer! ;-)

Chuck - how you doing? How did the homebirth group thingy go, or hasn't it been yet?!

I'm off to mine in in Dorchester tomorrow, so will let you ladies know how that all goes on Friday! Can't wait, I'm dead excited about it! :thumbup:
I've posted this elsewhere too, but I had my MW appointment today, and as a community MW she isn't part of the "birthing team" who may attend my birth - real shame, as it is going to be unlikley that I will meet my lead birthing MW until the time comes :-( I don't know why they do it so differently here? Seems they are missing a trick, if the CMWs are not attending births -how can that be full experience or training?I was lucky enough to have my AN MW attend me at home in labour last time round.. guess you can't have everything!
But I'm going to be finding out who is on the birthing team as best I can! Still it's ages yet anyways.. plus I'm not too worried, as I haven't meet a MW that I didn't like, or who I wouldn't want to attend me.
Though saying that... Ana, I'm not too sure about your current one?! :wacko:
XxX

Oh my gosh this back pain is soooo annoying! I've tried sitting/bouncing on my ball. Walking about the flat and laying down but nothing's working. So I've finally popped some paracetamol and I think I'll try a bath. I'm so not a spot checker but even I'm debating getting hubby to come home and at least blow up the pool before we go to our antenatal class tonight.

I shouldn't be thinking that way though! I'm not even getting any tightening it's all just a persistent period pain thing with lots of lower back throbbing.

Thanks for letting me get that out ladies. I don't really want to vent to hubby or sister cause they'll just get all excited. :dohh:

You never know.... Mine was persistent period-like pains.

Then my water went.

(me trying not to get excited)
But it could be exciting though couldn't it!? It all started in my lower back.. ;-) That was about 2 days before hand and just continued until my waters went pop.
Have you got a hot waterbottle or one of those microwavable little lavender bean bags?They are really nice on your back.
xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->