Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

(me trying not to get excited)
But it could be exciting though couldn't it!? It all started in my lower back.. ;-)
Have you got a hot waterbottle or one of those microwavable little lavender bean bags?They are really nice on your back.
xXx

I do! I'll heat that up after my bath if it's still there. I need to start the crock pot for dinner first, Oiy! I just want a bath, hahaha. Leaning on the counter top has seen to do the trick though. Maybe she's just putting a lot of pressure on my back. She's not Posterior though, so don't know if that's normal.

The Homebirth thing is a one off homebirth info evening tomorrow but looking forward to it. There's going to be NCT people (its NCT organized) MW's and Doulas.

Should be good stuffs and its just across the road literally w00p!

So HOPING hubby will come away a bit more positive about the whole thing. There's no way I will change his mind about the pool and if I try it'll be a whole heap of trouble for me once he's made his mind up its impossible to change it.

(me trying not to get excited)
But it could be exciting though couldn't it!? It all started in my lower back.. ;-)
Have you got a hot waterbottle or one of those microwavable little lavender bean bags?They are really nice on your back.
xXx

I do! I'll heat that up after my bath if it's still there. I need to start the crock pot for dinner first, Oiy! I just want a bath, hahaha. Leaning on the counter top has seen to do the trick though. Maybe she's just putting a lot of pressure on my back. She's not Posterior though, so don't know if that's normal.

She might have turned back to back? Hope the bath eases it, or it turns into something more... you might have her before me!!

Wow pages and I've only been out a day!

Anababe the bottom end of the normal iron range is 12 so your mw is really taking the piss. Maybe you should just get in touch with the constant mw as yours seem not to know anything!

Bourne our community mws are the ones that attend the homebirths. Hopefully I'll get my own but of course it'll depend a bit on shifts, but I like at least 3 of the mws from that team so hopefully I'll have someone decent either way.

No news from me. Chuck I've a few times been directed to this site from external dilation measures, sorry if it's already in this thread: https://sarahvine.wordpress.com/201...-assessing-dilation-without-an-internal-exam/

You never know.... Mine was persistent period-like pains.

Then my water went.

I know everyone's different, but how long did you have them? Like for a few days?

I had them all Monday and some of Monday night/early Tuesday morning, and they slowly went away. They started up again Tuesday afternoon, and that time I was very aware of them overnight (well, the early hours of Wednesday morning) so much so that they disturbed my sleep. Wednesday afternoon, I was lying on the bed, on the phone to my mum and was just saying, "....Yeah, these stupid period-type pains. I really noticed them overnight, and they've not gone away today. Definitely more noticeable than yesterday and constant. They're really annoying." and totally not connecting it with anything actually happening. My water went when I was on the phone to her!

I had no pains, niggles or anything with my last. I just started straight in with contractions every 10 mins, first one woke me up and that was it from then he was born 9 hours later.

But my first I had those period pains, back ache etc pretty constant for 4 days before I went into proper labour. It started on my due date and I actually went in to hopsital thinking that was it but it was another 4 days until my contractions started, from the first proper one he was born 6 hour later so although very quick once it got going, it actually felt like Id been in labour for days :dohh: lol!

Wow pages and I've only been out a day!

Anababe the bottom end of the normal iron range is 12 so your mw is really taking the piss. Maybe you should just get in touch with the constant mw as yours seem not to know anything!

I know, theres no way Im going to get up to 12. I was 10.6 5 weeks ago and I was quite happy with that! Ill see what my latest levels are when I get my results next week.

Well ladies its been short but sweet but at 10am yesterday I started to bleed dark red blood which has progressed in to very heavy red blood with several large clots, its unconfirmed as of yet (drs are still saying threatened miscarriage untill scan/blood results) but I know my body and I know this is not normal, I'm so so sad but I'm taking it well, I'm a firm believer in everything happens for a reason and something good will come out of it I'm hopeful of that, if it means I spend more time thinking about me and my boys then so be it, I hope you all have lovely successful home births you've all been fantastic and hopefully some time in the future (although we have no plans to try again for a good while) I will join you ladies again, I am 100% going to finish reading my birthing books that might be mad but although I'm not going to have a baby for a while its still something I'm highly interested in, I will stick around more than likely to read all your lovely birth storys <3 thank you all again xxx

I'm always smiling me like! Got amy and lozzy21 coming to visit me today means I get to have a squeeze of niamh woop

So sorry Zara :hugs: you have an amazing attitude! Take care and sending you lots and lots of hugs :hugs::hugs:

:hugs: Zara so sorry. :(

Anababe I thought you said your iron was 18 in the other post? Mine went from about 8 to 11 with a couple of weeks of spatone in my last pregnancy. Mine is also low, 10.5 or something. By the way that is supposed to say consultant MW not constant! Stupid phone...

Sorry to hear that Zara, thoughts are with you.

got round to looking at my iron...I started at 12 and went down to 11.8 which my mw said was good for pregnancy, so she wasn't at all worried :shrug:

Zara hun I'm so sorry. :( I hope you do come back when you get that bfp again and with all the books you'll have read you'll be super confident! You have such a positive spirit about this whole thing, I know a lot of people who should be more like you. I hope to see you stick around for awhile and/or to see you in a few years time. :flower:

Sorry to hear that Zara, thoughts are with you.

got round to looking at my iron...I started at 12 and went down to 11.8 which my mw said was good for pregnancy, so she wasn't at all worried :shrug:

50% of pregnant women are anaemic. It's NORMAL! lol

so sorry Zara! Like others have said keep smiling! :hugs:

Thinking of you Zara,
Like Jenni said you have such a amazing positive attitude and wishing you the best of luck xxx

Well ladies my fight with my care choice has already started - partly (well mostly), due to me.

After talking to my MW yesterday and finding out that as a community MW she doesn't get involved with the "Birthing" team, I have been trying to find out why this is - as it seems odd in the scheme of continuity and experience that my AN MW wouldn't be involved with child birth (though I know she has in the past) - how can this keep her skills upto date? Or be able to offer current birthing advice to women??! Sorry side tracked! So I phoned the maternity department of my local birthing centre to find out about who is on the "birthing" team and how many they are ect - only to be told by the clerk (ok, so perhaps not the greatest source of information), that they only have 1 MW on the unit and 2 on-call... how on earth can that be enough to cover homebirths as well as the 3 beds (2 with pools) that they offer at the unit?
Incensed already, I have written a letter to the head of midwifery (below)
Dear Ms XXXXX,

Re: Homebirth Services with Royal Bournemouth NHS Trust.

I am looking for specific information on homebirth provisions within our Trust. I have been informed by my MW yesterday that it would be very unlikely that she would be able to attend me in labour as she is part of the community Midwives Team and not part of the Birthing team. My previous labour and birth was at home in Hampshire under Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust, where it appears there is a different set-up of care to here in Bournemouth. My community MW, whom I saw for all my anti-natal appointments in Hampshire was attached to a birthing centre and did also attend women in labour - both at home and at the birthing centre. It seems a little odd to me that my anti-natal midwife isn&#8217;t experiencing the labour and birth of women under her care.

Can you offer me some clarification as to the staffing set-up and levels in Bournemouth and birthing data, so I can assess my care offered by RBH. I&#8217;m already becoming concerned that the Trust isn&#8217;t providing sufficient midwives to enable my homebirth choice.
1 - Do community Midwives who see women for anti-natal appointments attend women in labour and for birth?
2 - How many staff are in the birthing team in total? (excluding sickness and holidays)
3 - How many midwives are within the birthing team?
A) in the day and on-call
B) at night and on-call (please can you include a breakdown of these numbers)
4 - I have been informed by the Clerk on maternity there are 3 birthing rooms at RBH. What are the provisions for labouring women if these rooms are occupied?

I would be grateful if you can answer all my questions above and also there is some discrepancy between the data that is given on the RBH website (12.6% homebirths) and the Healthcare commissions statistics (2.8% of homebirths) for Bournemouth.
1 - What are the number of births in the whole of the Bournemouth region for 2010 (if possible can you give me data per month of the year, as well as the total)?
A) of this overall population total, what was the number of births at RBH&#8217;s birthing centre,
B) how many were at the Obstetric lead unit in Poole
C) how many of these were Homebirths
D) how many of the homebirths were Primips
E) what was the transfer rate from home to birth centre of those women planning a homebirth
F) what was the transfer rate from home to Pool Obstetric Unit

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration. I look forward to your detailed response.
I would be more that happy to arrange a meeting to discuss the answers to these questions. Please feel free to contact me on the above number to arrange this or if you have any further questions for me.
Yours faithfully

cc - CEO of trust. Mr X Xxxxx
I'm gleefully waiting for a reply, prob along the lines of blah, blah staffing can not be guaranteed etc, etc - but I curious to see how well the letter is written back, as she has to also say that they do have adequate staffing levels - well that is as long as I attend the birth centre.. I'm guessing! She is going to have to work hard not to contradict herself.

I'll let you know what happens.. don't hold your breath I think I'm going to write a few more letters yet!
To be honest even though I know what is coming from my previous experience, I DO want to start this early.. as why do they always starting springing doubts on your birth right at the last min when you are 36-37 weeks.. when you're pretty vunerable to being coaxed into "their" choice for you! I guess that is exactly the reason!
xXx

Wowee I cant wait to see the response to the letter...very detailed and well written. I'll be shocked if the respond so well...as for a meeting I doubt they'd want to! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->