Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Well I've had a pad in and just been sat in the back office catching up on papwerwork and been to check now and yep - the pad is damp :(

OH's ringing the doctors now so I guess I'm probably waving goodbye to being 'allowed' to have a homebirth :(
Still getting kicked plenty so baby is fine tho :)

Balls :(

Good luck hun, let us know what happens :hugs:

Best of luck! I hope everything goes well however this turns out. :hugs:

Well I've had a pad in and just been sat in the back office catching up on papwerwork and been to check now and yep - the pad is damp :(

OH's ringing the doctors now so I guess I'm probably waving goodbye to being 'allowed' to have a homebirth :(
Still getting kicked plenty so baby is fine tho :)

Balls :(

Oh don't worry about it hun, I know it may be bad that they've gone so early but these are the times when hospitals and medical advancements are so great to have. It should really put you at ease that even so early one everything is likely to be just fine. :) If it is some of your waters hopefully they'll let you see how far along you can get before anything happens. Sometimes the risk of infection is outweighed by letting the baby cook longer. Just know that everything from here on out will be done in the best interest of baby. :flower:

And just to add hind waters can replenish even if you have a little tear - they can mend so try not to stress too much honey. x

hope its not your waters 2ndtimeabz :hugs:, let us know what they say xx

Good luck! Let us know how your are doing...will be thinking of you! :flower:

I didn't know that about hind waters mending themselves MM - that is really interesting!

And just to add hind waters can replenish even if you have a little tear - they can mend so try not to stress too much honey. x

^^This is what I was going to say
Don't loose hope for your normal birth.
Also this is a situation where your hospital will be trying to help you not to go into labour. If there isn't any evidence of infection or other indicators, baby is better in than out.
:flower:
Xxx

Hello!

To keep it short, everything is ok :)

Aside from a grumpy baby constantly kicking the heart monitor for an hour and lying down for 2 hours and getting a bad back as a result hospital was fine. My waters aren't leaking anymore, if they even were. It could've been ALOT of cm combined with some phantom wee catching me out. Even tho this is my 2nd I've never had that before!!:dohh:

The doctors were two young ladies who were really nice, well nicer than the midwife who was talking to me like a right idiot :wacko:

So panic over, and my DD kept me amused singing various nursery rhymes for about an hour straight.

Thankyou for all your kindness and helpful advice!:thumbup:

I've just got to work on getting baby to turn now, still stubbornly in breech so swatting up on the spinningbabies website and going to look into some appmnts with a chiropractor:thumbup:

glad everything is fine and good luck "spinning" the baby :thumbup:

So I had my midwife appointment today and two women came to the door who I had no idea who they were! Turns out they're two of the other midwives who are on call and really wanted to meet me and get the lay of the land so speak. One of them was fantastic!! She was all smiles and jokes the whole time and we just really got on. She's on call over the weekend and was going on and on about wanting me to go then so she can be here. Seems she's really keen on the homebirth side of things which really made me happy. :)

We say there for about a half an hour just having a chat about how I'm feeling, if I'm nervous or excited, how hubby feels about things. Really just getting to know each other I suppose. But then it was great because they started giving me everyone's schedule and when they would be on! I've been trying to get this out of my midwife everytime she's here but she always says that's not for me to worry about. These two though were having a great time discussing when I should go and who would be there if I did. Apparently my midwife is off on thursday through till tuesday so she won't be there if it's then, which was great to know for my own peace of mind. I wasn't too keen on the other midwife though, she kinda smelled of smoke and wasn't as friendly. Though she didn't say anything bad she was just kinda blah.

The positives were my BP was great! And she's FINALLY engaged!!! ok only 4/5 but Ann Marie (the nice MW) was certain she was in and wouldn't pop out again so things were on their way. Oh that reminds me Ann Marie was a whiz at palpitations she was able to tell me practically every body part of my wee girl and checked the position of her head without digging into my pelvis like the other one does all the time. So I would love to have her on the day as I don't want internals I want palps.

I was encouraged to have lots of sex to get things going (hahah yea after are last try and fail we'll see how that goes) but I think things are on their way anyways as last night I had a few proper practice sensations that actually woke me up. YAY! :happydance:

So I had my midwife appointment today and two women came to the door who I had no idea who they were! Turns out they're two of the other midwives who are on call and really wanted to meet me and get the lay of the land so speak. One of them was fantastic!! She was all smiles and jokes the whole time and we just really got on. She's on call over the weekend and was going on and on about wanting me to go then so she can be here. Seems she's really keen on the homebirth side of things which really made me happy. :)

We say there for about a half an hour just having a chat about how I'm feeling, if I'm nervous or excited, how hubby feels about things. Really just getting to know each other I suppose. But then it was great because they started giving me everyone's schedule and when they would be on! I've been trying to get this out of my midwife everytime she's here but she always says that's not for me to worry about. These two though were having a great time discussing when I should go and who would be there if I did. Apparently my midwife is off on thursday through till tuesday so she won't be there if it's then, which was great to know for my own peace of mind. I wasn't too keen on the other midwife though, she kinda smelled of smoke and wasn't as friendly. Though she didn't say anything bad she was just kinda blah.

The positives were my BP was great! And she's FINALLY engaged!!! ok only 4/5 but Ann Marie (the nice MW) was certain she was in and wouldn't pop out again so things were on their way. Oh that reminds me Ann Marie was a whiz at palpitations she was able to tell me practically every body part of my wee girl and checked the position of her head without digging into my pelvis like the other one does all the time. So I would love to have her on the day as I don't want internals I want palps.

I was encouraged to have lots of sex to get things going (hahah yea after are last try and fail we'll see how that goes) but I think things are on their way anyways as last night I had a few proper practice sensations that actually woke me up. YAY! :happydance:

that sounds fantastic, hopefully you go and get the nice mw:flower:, cant wait till im further on and start planning my hb

x

I had my last planned sweep today and it was far more positive than last time. Cervix was central, softer, a little further down and about 1cm dilated. She could also feel Bumps head. Just don't know what these mean in my notes:

"P.P loosly applied"

I've still got my appointment for the induction on thursday, but hoping something will kick off before then. However she said that they will first monitor the baby for an hour, and if all looks well, will send me home. AND there is no cut-off date for a homebirth as such. So if the doctors are happy, it can still go ahead, even after 42 weeks. Just keeping my fingers firmly crossed that Bump really is as happy in there as he seems!!

Good luck Jenni with yours too!!

You guys on here have been fab, giving me advice and letting me know that there are other ways...! xx

Hi meg79, it means that the presenting part i.e the head is not well applied to the cervix.

Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"