Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

wishing jenni good luck! As its been said before hopefully she has her arms full of baby right now :) x

Mixed news from my MW appointment today. She tried to do a sweep and I'm 50% effaced, whereas last Wednesday I was uneffaced. Still no dilation though. I feel ok about it was things are moving the right direction. However, she seemed totally bewildered that the consultant has okayed me to wait until at least next Monday. Kept asking me what would happen at the next appointment and seemed confused that 'we'll decide in that appointment' was the answer. Very strange.

I personally don't think you'll get to the appointment anyways.. like you say things are all moving in the right direction!!

I didn't know if I should say this or not, (as it might not be helpful, as everyone is different) but at 60% effaced, little did I know I was 12 hours away from holding my DD.

Even if you do.. You don't have anything to worry about at all. Your fit and healthy, so don't let her being a bit off get to you - I know you won't!
Xxx

Vaginal exams pre labour are a very poor indication of the events to come. I've known people to walk around fully effeced and 4-5cm for weeks and weeks and others who were assessed to be 0% effaced, hard, completely closed cervix in the morning to be in roaring labour by noon and be holding their baby by supper time. You can make guesses according to how things may seem but the reality of it is you just never know what's around the corner.

The ONLY predictable thing about birth is it's unpredictability!

Hey and the fact that it WILL happen, even if you don't know when!

I know, that my comment above prob wasn't going to be helpful - I should have trusted my instincts there, and learn when to shut up! lol :blush:

Hey and the fact that it WILL happen, even if you don't know when!

I know, that my comment above prob wasn't going to be helpful - I should have trusted my instincts there, and learn when to shut up! lol :blush:

You're comments are always lovely :thumbup:

And I'm getting very curious about how things are going with Jenni!

Thanks both. Regardless of teh MW's lack of enthusiasm, I'm quietly satisfied (pleased is too strong a word) I trust that things WILL happen given time and I feel in the right frame of mind at the moment, which I hope is helping the positive hormones travel freely though my system. I'm off to walk the dog now, despite the rain (urgh) so who knows? Maybe that might help bubs in teh right direction.

Oh yeah, I'm so excited to hear any news from Jenni! It has all gone quiet - so she is busy with something!? :winkwink:
I don't know if anyone is text buddies with her..? (some of the girls have her on facebook)

There are lots of our ladies ready to babysplode! (ever since I heard that word on here, I have been saying it all the time!! lol)
XxX

According to jenni's facebook she was sent to hospital last night. But was chucked out this morning as they were too busy!! She had got to 2cm in 30 hours:( but hopefully being a home will help things along for her :)

Sorry it's a bit sketchy!

Clare x

hopefully the home environment will make baby wanna come out :thumbup:

Thanks for the update
Fingers crossed Jen is still choosing to go for her Homebirth if she has been in and then out again!
Xxx

Hey ladies! Just sitting here part way naked with a hot water bottle being held on my back by MiL while trying to munch down a sandwich. Or in other words, still in labour! So far it's not exactly what I though it would be like. I started having contractions about 3 min apart after an hour after my waters broke which didn't let up so we called the midwife in. Long story short I was ready for the pool my body at only 1cm was not. And later on while they were still coming at 3 min sometimes 2 I was ready for pool my body was not at 2cm. Distress insued and a transfer to the hospital happened around 3pm. I cried the whole way. I felt like a failure.

Got to the hospital was told I could get into the bath to which I got a bit snippy and said I wanted to get in the pool in my own what the heck was the difference?! So laboured in the bath for 3 hours. I must say it was the best part of the whole day. While being at home the midwife was constantly on top of me, monitoring Babs and my heart rate. Taking my blood pressure. But it was JUST me and hubby in the room while I was in the bath from 3 hours and it was bliss. I sucked on my gas and air while the contractions still made their way and thought I was going to enjoy my birth again.

That was until everything STOPPED once I got out of the pool. Like seriously went from at least 5 6 min apart at the most to 2 an hour. So I slept over in the hospital since it was so late by this point. But when I got up in the morning wanted to go home, which worked out well as they were super full and wanted to get rid of me! hahaha. BTW For a hospital that wanted rid of me they sure did take their sweet time dischargin me, geez! Was told at 6am I was to go home didn't leave till like 10.

So she did one final internal at my request (How weird it was to actually fight for my right to an internal. This whole time I thought it would be the opposite!) To which I was still only 2cm :dohh:

So I'm back home ladies *sigh* Just over 37 hours since everything started and only getting contractions very sporadically. I'm due in tomorrow morning for antibiotics which I agreed to but said I won't be getting induced if me and babs are fine, but they seemed ok with that. Unless of course I go tonight *fingers crossed*

The crazy thing is my sister flies in tomorrow at 2:30 after all this joking around she may actually make it to see the birth! hahaha.

Am thinking of you Jenniflower - I'm sure it'll all get going again soon :hugs: :hugs:

jenni - at least you're home again hun... i expect it'll all pick up again when you least expect it.

Maybe she's waiting for your sis?

:hugs:

Oh Jenni - I'm so pleased you are back home again!!!! Though I know that isn't what it is all about, but what I do know, is that at home is where you feel the most protected and secure. And at least this way you can have all the baths you want!

I knew you and you OH would be strong - I'm seriously proud of you, I think you are excellent. Keep your energy up - calcium rich food are good for the muscles. Good excuse to attack the cheese!

Is baby secretely waiting for your sister to arrive>!>!? ;-)
All my love to you -my thoughts are with you
XxX

:hugs: jenni! Sorry you're having such a hard time in these early stages :( Hopefully things will pick up soon.

Have you tried nipple stimulation??? That can be very effective especially if you use a pump, though if you're tired it would probably be a good idea to get a few more hours of sleep in if you can.

:hugs: jenni and good luck! :flower: i think baby is indeed waiting for your sister! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->