Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

oh Jenni! I'm glad to hear you have managed to leave the hospital and get back home. Try and get as much rest and even sleep if you can.

I agree with the othgers, get some rest then get back to it! Well done for everything and hooray for being back home. Hope you have a baby before antib time!

Best of luck to ALL the girls who are ready to go! Glide those little ones out!

I am a new hopeful... well, new to posting here, requested my homebirth at 25 week check with lovely midwife and now just waiting on next appointment to invite her round for the big chat about it. No problems so far and just really excited to meet my son :happydance:

You ladies are amazing!!! Me and my new best friend Gas and Air love you all to bits!

sounds like ur coping great Jenni, good luck and keep going :) love G&A!!! xx

:dust:

sending labour dust to you Jenni!!

Here's hoping things kick off with a vengeance soon!

...In other news I'm off to the VBAC clinic at 2pm today.

Me Hubby and Dewi - Nursery dont really want him, he's all wheezy again and was terrible over night so he's huffing on ventolin like crazy every couple hours....but oh no we can't diagnose asthma under 2 and get you any long term treatment...grr. My poorly wheeze bag son!

hello all. lots of labour vibes for those awaiting a new arrival shortly and lots of luck to those fighting for their homebirths.

I was blessed to have a homebirth with my last birth and am hoping for another this time around. three of my friends were hopeful for one recently and not one of them recieved it for various reasons. I realise now it is not a given despite having already experienced it but my dh has already offered to deliver the baby himself if it was necessary and feels he would be more than capable. lol. Of course he is mostly joking but it does inspire confidence knowing he will not fall apart if I needed him to stay strong. We have three children already and he was able to attend two of their births so he feels quite well equipped to deliver a baby if necessary. :)
anyway, just wanted to introduce myself. :)

Hey to Rachie and lavieestbelle - welcome!

Lavieest - that is very nice of your OH.. mine also feels the same! hahaha! It's a brilliant vote of confidence!
Xxx

I wonder how Jenni is getting on, I hope everything is going well! best of luck Jenni.
I'm 35 weeks today, need to make a start on my birth plan, I know what I want but have been too lazy getting it sorted. Have mw appt on monday after a horrible appt last week where a silly mw (not my usual one, who is the SOM) made the mistake of trying to say they wouldn't drop off the hb kit until my haemoglobin levels increase, I was having none of it and told them it is still my right to homebirth regardless of hb levels they were 9.9 at 29 weeks so not even significantly low.
I refused blood test at that appt, have been taking spatone and will get checked again on monday I have decided that if my levels are below 9 at term I will firstly ask for iv iron transfusion then if they refuse it or it doesn't work I will agree to go into MLU which is attached to the clu.

hello ladies :hi:

I thought I better introduce myself after starting a thread that was a bit grumpy :D

My name is gertrude, I'm 32weeks on Saturday and I am hoping for a home birth :)

My OH was against the idea at first but after some reading and talking to the nice midwife he's totally in favour now :happydance: Sadly the nice MW has been moved around in the team reshuffle and the one I saw today was very dismissive of the idea :(

I'm seeing her again at 34 weeks when they'll consider sending me for a scan to look at baby size. I'm measuring large for dates, but then I am a UK size 20, which means the measurement also includes me, and there's quite a lot of me! (I measured 5 weeks big at 28w but that was just after xmas and I was impressed it was only 5w tbh!). I was measured again today (31w) and I measure 35w so the gap has reduced (as has the number of chocolates eaten per day :D)

I just got the impression from her that she thought I was too fat and just should be at hospital. I've had no test results (blood/wee/GTT) that has ever shown anything to be wrong and although today's BP was higher than it has been it was the first time they've used a self inflating cuff rather than the manual one and they do measure differently so I'm not worried about it.

So she's in for a fight if she is going to be so fucking rude to me again :growlmad:

So that's me!

Welcome Gertrude!

I spread the word today. :D At aquanatal I was talking about homebirth and a new lady who is pregnant with her second later asked me how I convinced DH to back it. She had a like 3 hour labour or something with her first, zero complications, and would like it to be at home but her OH is afraid. I got that Birth Partner book (as recommended by MM in the book thread) today so I mentioned that if DH is finding it useful I'll give her the details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->