Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Yay! I'm so excited for you Jenni!!!! Can't wait to hear the birth story!!!!! :D

and maybe if there's no contractions yet and you're not too excited you could get a few more hours of sleep in????

:yipee:

Get that pool filled!!! You can always add some more hot and take a few bowls full out! Don't be surprised if things don't kick off immediately (unless they already have!) with it starting to get light. My waters were 4am and 8am and both babies waited r
till it was dark again to be born.

Thinking of you honey!!! x

MW here as around 7:30 I was having them around 3min apart. She's checked me and everything looks fine. Still haven't done an internal as things aren't exactly regular so I've opted to wait a bit longer. They are coming in quite strong though. WOO! :happydance:

Good luck Hun, keep us posted. Remember you can text me too :hugs:

Bring on the baby!!! Woohoo!! So pleased for you!! Hebe was born 2 days past EDD and Sid 3 so I wonder if you'll pop before or after midnight?! :happydance:

Oh wow how exciting!!!! I feel like I'm right there with you Jenni. Best of luck with it all!

Welp ladies this is it. I'm so sorry to jump the line Lucky but my waters went tonight around 4am. I thought I was peeing myself until I realized I had no control! hahaha. I smacked hubby to get up cause he wasn't waking up when I said his name like 5 times, :lol: So he got me a towel and I waddled the best I could to the bathroom. I thought I left most in bed, turns out half was on the towel and even more in the toilet! No real contractions as of yet. I've got hubby to blow up the pool but I don't know about filling it up yet. It does take like 3 hours though. :shrug:

Woohoo!!!! Baby is on the way!!!! :happydance:
Have a wonderful labour Jen and enjoy your birth and new baby!!

......oh, and if you get a chance, keep us updated! :winkwink: only joking!!! It's your time, ENJOY IT.
:hugs:
Xxx

Ooh! I make it on for the first time in over a week and discover that Jenni's baby is coming today! Sending tons of positive birthing vibes your way Jenni. Can't wait to hear more! :)

Things are going OK here, although feeding is being hindered by boob thrush. It's horribly painful so I'm expressing and syringe feeding some of the time just for a little relief. We're working our way through the treatment options in order of intensity but I'm beginning to think that we might end up on the flucanizole, despite the fact that it'll kill off all my good bugs as well as the candida overgrowth. I'm just researching what the best combo of probiotics is to take with it to ensure I remain suitably colonised by friendly little things afterwards.

Otherwise all is well. Ember still adores her brother and he's a very chilled baby, happily sleeping for 3-4 hour stretches after a good feed. I'm only slightly sleep deprived which makes a massive difference to these early days. :) I haven't written up our birth story yet, but I have uploaded a selection of our birth photos. They're pretty explicit so I'd prefer not to post the link publicly but if any of you regulars would like to see them send me a PM and I'll point you in the right direction. It may take me a few days to reply to PMs though so please bear with me.

Best wishes to all,

Gina. x

Wheeeee glad things are going well apart from the boobies SP!! Lets get some SFW piccies of this bubba though for us all to see, lol!

And wheeeeeeee for Jenni....hope all is going/has gone smoothly!

Good luck jenni! how exciting :D

snaggle...can we have some pics that are a bit less revealing!? :D xxx

I have to share my joy! Brilliant, brilliant consultants appointment today. MW arranged it because our trust guidelines recommend inducing after 12 days and they wanted to get the ok (again) to attend my homebirth if it deviates from teh standard pathway. Anyway, it could not have gone better. The consultant said there was no reason to induce me if I didn't want to be induced! he looked at blood flow through the cord and the placental function on the ultrasound / doppler, which he said was totally normal. Booked me for a ctg on Thursday and another appointment with him next Monday for another cord doppler, and said we'd discuss options at that appointment depending on what the cord / placenta look like. So no pressure to go in at all and no talk even of picking a cut off point either! Totally feel like the pressure is off and that a huge weight has been lifted. :happydance:

thats fab news amy :D:D xx

I know! I feel really lucky. I know this kind of treatment option should be standard but so often you have to fight every step of the way for what you want. I feel really fortunate to have found an understanding, common sensical and supportive (sp?) consultant.

I have to share my joy! Brilliant, brilliant consultants appointment today. MW arranged it because our trust guidelines recommend inducing after 12 days and they wanted to get the ok (again) to attend my homebirth if it deviates from teh standard pathway. Anyway, it could not have gone better. The consultant said there was no reason to induce me if I didn't want to be induced! he looked at blood flow through the cord and the placental function on the ultrasound / doppler, which he said was totally normal. Booked me for a ctg on Thursday and another appointment with him next Monday for another cord doppler, and said we'd discuss options at that appointment depending on what the cord / placenta look like. So no pressure to go in at all and no talk even of picking a cut off point either! Totally feel like the pressure is off and that a huge weight has been lifted. :happydance:

That is really great news Amy :thumbup:

My 3rd attempt at a sweep was unsuccessful so I am going up to the hospital on Thursday (+14 days) to be monitored and we'll see what's what. I hope my experience is as good as yours , the midwives have been fab so far :)

Come on little girl, see if you can beat those medics!!

Wow that's great Amy! You'd best send your consultant on the road to spread the word!

thats fab news amy :D:D xx

I know! I feel really lucky. I know this kind of treatment option should be standard but so often you have to fight every step of the way for what you want. I feel really fortunate to have found an understanding, common sensical and supportive (sp?) consultant.

Wonderful, this is the way things should be! They are out there! :hugs:
XxX

No news from Jenni?

I hope she's on her babymoon!

Just wanted to say a HUGE thank you to kiwimama who has looked after this thread for months after I handed it over as I was a mum of a new baby and training to be a doula.

It's her turn to take a break now and so the thread is back with me again. If anyone wants any updates to the OP please PM me and if you see someone ask to be added can you get them to PM me so I don't miss it please!

I'm going to update the front page with a similar message :D

I think Jenni must be holding her little bubba in her arms by now! :happydance:

Woooo Jenni! Thinking of you and hope all is going well - can't wait to hear your next update! :happydance:

Great to hear from you Snaggle - wonderful everything is going well apart from the boob thrush...I hope that clears up soon!

That is fantastic about your appointment Amy! :happydance:

And good luck lucky! :thumbup:

Wow, exciting things happening on this thread!

I have nothing as exciting as the rest of you, but I did have a midwife appointment this morning and we went over the birth plan that me and my OH wrote up in the weekend. It was great, as my MW was basically 'oh good, that's what I would prefer' and 'yep, that is my approach' to everything in it - I feel like she is really on the same page so it makes me feel really positive about going into labour with her as support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->