Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Its awful isnt it.

They almost demanded women go pay for the test or tehy run the risk of killing their baby.

Ergh..it got my goat!

They really did demand! So cross. :growlmad: I am the GBS carrying natural bithers champion these days! lol

The Consultant MW has just phoned me and we have an appointment on the 28th March. I wanted it to be at home, she said that could be arranged but she felt it would be helpful for me to step over the threshold and go into hospital, I said I'd already done that at Christmas and been very unhappy about what happened then! But then the date she suggested is a Birth Choice meeting at the hospital so as I'll be there anyway we are meeting in the morning beforehand. Our meeting is 11am, I'm going to go along at half 10 so I can go over my notes on my own first, then the other meeting is half 12. Going to need to take some lunch with me! I said I was sorry for having taken so long to get in touch (my MW told her 4 weeks ago that I'd be calling) and she said she was glad I'd taken the plunge and was looking forward to meeting me but sorry that it was under the circumstances of me feeling let down by them so that's a good start! She must be very good at her job I think. :lol:

Just had a call from the DAU where I had my bloods done yesterday hb is now 9.5 ferritin is 11 which is just above reference range and has increased since last check it ws 8. But I know mws will use this against me. Anyhow I have only been taking spatone for 10 days so in a week or 2 I think it will increase even more.
TFT's all normal obviously! and p.e.t bloods which they took becasue of 1 raised bp-normal. So on the whole it is what I was expecting.

Good stuff Luna. They're not bad numbers really. My last client had her first baby at home with a well controlled thyroid with her consultants blessing. No one wants a fight in late pregnancy so fingers crossed for a straightforward outcome.

Sory Kandy I was going to respond to your post then got sidetracked with the consultant mw then maniacally researching more GBS and perinatal mortality stats! :wacko:

Hope your swab comes back clear. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to bother with the test. If it DID come back positive I don't want THEM to have the ammunition. As things stand I can make my own mind up depending on the risk factors. If my baby comes premature then naturally I'll be in hospital on antibiotics. If my waters go over 18 hours and birth isn't iminent then I'll weigh up my options then. If there are no signs of infection I won't go in, if there are, I will. My pee has all been clear so that risk factor is out anyway and of course I don't have any history of GBS baby. As far as I'm concerned most women are assumed negative until proven otherwise in the UK. As my earlier swab is essentially meaningless I'm going to go with the assumed negative in my own case too.

OMG what's going on today? I'm now being totally slated in the OBEM thread for suggesting that internals aren't always necessary!!!!

Oh which thread hun?

I'm in the mood to stick my oar in!

I don't know why you get involved! Think of your blood pressure!!!

I teach in secondary school I thrive on conflict.

Although I do swear the group I teach last thing on a Friday will have me giving birth Eastenders style on the floor of my lab - you know waters bursting and screaming and 5 mins later a 3 month old baby in arms!

LOL

No really I just get a bit over protective and want to see who is being daft to PB!

It just sort of came out of the blue! Fortunately my bp is always perfect! :lol: There's some cavalry now. :lol: Chuck please feel free to chip in (is this against forum rules? :rofl:). It's the top OBEM thread in third tri.

The suggestion is that I am off my rocker, base my birthing on random googling, ignore all medical advice. And of course the classic it wouldn't be done if it wasn't necessary. That old chestnut!

Please remind me I am not insane. And that I do my research more on medical journals than opinion pieces.

No hun you're planning a homebirth against all medical advice you are clearly a nutter. LOL

Be careful you don't get banned PeanutBean, it would suck here without you!
Alot of the girls on here don't like hearing the truth and like to make a fuss when their way of thinking is questioned.......

Had my home visit. Baby Peanut started off cephalic and then turned transverse while the midwife was palpating. She could turn it back cephalic but then it just floats back to transverse.... I'm kinda getting a bit stressed about it now as term is getting closer and closer. Now I'm feeling very very yucky in regards to the whole situation.

Why would I be banned?! Don't say that! I've not said anything mean to anyone, I don't. One poster was extremely mean to me but after some thought I decided to ignore her!

:hugs: Kandy. I know you know but have you been doing the positions? Maybe lots of doing the positions will help LO be in the right place and engage (and hopefully not come out again). I hope Baby Peanut behaves for you. I was really knocked after poor Jenni and not sure I could cope with anyone else having major disappointment. :( I want us all to have glorious births!

Hi all,

just wanted to say hello and say Amy I am thinking of you - it is Wednesday here so almost Wednesday for you! And just wanted to wish you all the best :hugs:

Glad to hear your numbers have improved luna - I also have had 'issues' with low iron and have enjoyed and been comforted by your knowledge around the topic :thumbup:

Hope everyone is doing well!

As for me, all is going fine....I have another midwife appointment next week where we meet the student midwife and can decide if she will attend the birth. I am thinking yes at this point...I really want to provide an example of a normal natural home birth for her! Hopefully!

Feeling pretty devastated about the horrible news coming from Christchurch...I think it made news around the world, but there was a huge earthquake down there yesterday, 65 confirmed dead already and many more still trapped. I woke all night thinking about it...and thinking about what it would be like to be pregnant and in that situation....it's just horrific. All of NZ are pretty upset about it - we are such a small country that it really has an impact, and everyone has someone they know in Christchurch.

Sorry for being so off-topic...but it is dominating all my thoughts today.

Welcome to the new home birth hopefuls!

And :hugs: to everyone on the thread.

Anyone heard from Jenni?

Why would I be banned?! Don't say that! I've not said anything mean to anyone, I don't. One poster was extremely mean to me but after some thought I decided to ignore her!

:hugs: Kandy. I know you know but have you been doing the positions? Maybe lots of doing the positions will help LO be in the right place and engage (and hopefully not come out again). I hope Baby Peanut behaves for you. I was really knocked after poor Jenni and not sure I could cope with anyone else having major disappointment. :( I want us all to have glorious births!

I've been trying to keep the baby down.... And have been hanging out as much as I can on my birth ball but it's not working. The baby has LOTS of room to move, so the problem isn't that it's stuck in my pelvis in a bad position... The problem is getting it to stay head down. I'm thinking maybe getting it head down and then belly binding???? I've heard of it being done but never actually seen it done in practice. And all the talk about when to see the consultants regarding this and potential management plans is making me :sick: .... Apparently the OBs here would likely insist on a cesarean if the baby's lie remains unstable :nope: and I could go to Ottawa (a two hour drive away) and see the consultants there where I would likely have the option of them positioning baby vertex and then breaking my water to slowly bring baby down.... Or perhaps the midwives could do the same here though I can't say that I'm comfortable with them breaking my water at home 45 mins away from the hospital :nope: But as it stands now, if my water breaks I'm to assume the knee chest position and page right away... And if I get any signs of labour I'm to page right away and the midwives will come and try to get baby into a good position before the ctx push baby into a not so ideal one.

And my birth pool arrived in the mail today :cry: DAMN HORMONES!!!!

Lucky, my family live in Christchurch. :( Fortunately they are all safe and even their houses are still standing. I felt so sad to hear about it and about Lyttleton. My cousin had her harp lessons there so I was really worried but my Uncle has since moved so I think they mustn't be as close to where the epicentre was this time. I remember when we first went into Christchurch. It's weirdly just like Manchester only more spacious. Very sad to think of the cathedral and everything all destroyed. Though obviously not so sad as the casualties and fatalities. :(

There's a sad post from Jenni a few pages back. :(

Too many sad posts. :hugs: again Kandy. I have nothing useful to suggest. :(

Alot of the girls on here don't like hearing the truth and like to make a fuss when their way of thinking is questioned.......
I've not read the thread but I don't agree with this - I think too many people just don't question things and take everything their GP/MW says to them as being 100% RIGHT, not that just maybe they should look into things themselves

How often when we challenge something are we attacked rather than praised for actually looking into things and coming to our own conclusions

I think this is a by-product of education at the moment (I work in HE), people don't question things anymore, don't challenge or understand how to look at things critically.

Then those of us that do become "trouble makers"

I think it's really sad :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"