Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Congratulations Amy! I'm totally with you on the involuntary pushes but in both our cases, our bodies knew best!!!

That's great news, congratulations and well done! It's fantastic to hear about your pushing. I so hope I get to experience that this time.

OOOHHHh yay halloween baby! Sending you sticky bean vibes hun!

I got married on Halloween (no not fancy dress lol)

How frustrating!

After my lovely Midwife appmnt on Weds I had a bunch of missed calls from the mw y'day afternoon. Picked up a voicemail off her tell me that I'm really anaemic and need to start taking iron supplements ASAP, which is fine but she doesn't actually tell me what my numbers are! Grr. . .Gonna try and get hold of her today to see what the situation actually is, I hate not being told the full picture!!

Most people wouldn't want or understand the numbers I guess.

Give her a call and find out.

X

Had a good MW appointment, slightly anemic but nothing too bad, got tablets being sorted out for Monday. Had a brief chat about birth preferences, and as soon as I mentioned I was not a big fan of hospitals etc the MW asked if I had ever considered a home birth :happydance: She thinks it would be a good way for me hehe, so next appointment I think it will be getting all steam ahead on it

can you add me to the list. I am due october 31st!

Will this be your first home birth hun? Just for the front page :flower:

Sorry I've been AWOL this week - half term, hubby and and extra child at home plus on call and meetings galore!!! If I have missed anyone from the front please PM me as this thread moves quick!

x

Add me too! Our first HB, son was born at hosp as natural as I could! Due 3rd Aug with a boy

The more I read and consider this the more I find that in my mind's eye I am alone or just with DH. I begin to really see the attraction of freebirthing.. I wonder how non-invasive I can persuade my mw to be...

Birthing with no medic present. Tends not to happen in the UK - except by mistake! But in the US some states have made homebirthing illegal forcing women to do it in secret. :nope: I think everyone would agree that's no good for anyone!

Oooo wow, I don't think I'd be brave enough for that... if I have a second easy birth, maybe I'd have the confidence, but I like the crutch of having someone there who could spot a potential problem I was not aware of. I can see the attraction, like bush women who take themselves off to a private place to get on with it alone! :lol:

Having attended 2 'accidental' freebirths followed by a lovely (but trying) home birth with MWs that found it VERY hard to just let the woman birth in peace, I TOTALLY get why women freebirth now.

I'd definitely not be confident enough to try it this time after the various happenings and consequences of Byron's birth but maybe if this DOES go smoothly and we do decide to have another baby I might just phone the mws late... I really like my mw but I just can't place her in the imagery I have of my desired birth. I can hardly place DH! I suppose all this journey and hypno and things is so focused on me it'a difficult to imagine anything or anyone outside that.

I think that's good though in a way because it's about YOU and just because you don't see them in the imagery doesn't mean they arent there, you know? They're just on the peripherals doing what you need which is to just 'be' rather than do....if that makes sense?

and PB re persuading the MW to be non invasive. I wont lie it CAN be hard depending on how confident the MW is in her 'being' skills rather than her 'doing' skills. My own MW was BRILLIANT and just went in the other room at every opportunity when we were happy. the ones at the birth I mentioned just then were shocking BUT a clear written plan and a strong advocate in your OH will help. Obviously I could do that for this couple and he could be with her but they may (not always) try to put pressure on fathers as they know ultimately they have their own fears about their woman and child. So brief him well and prepare him for underhand tactics and hopefully they wont be needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->