Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Well i had a shitty section in theatre alone with none of the things I assumed I would get - like even a congratulations your a mamma now well done! Nothing.

If the only way I can make it a positive thing is by letting other women know what they should get and helping them feel like they can ask for it then it might somehow make my experience worth it.

I've just sent the lady a message asking what she has decided to do...I hope all goes well for her.

I got very angry on the behalf of a poster in 3rd tri...she was told yesterday that she may have late onset GDD, baby is big and breech and because she is over 38 weeks no ECV will be attempted she has a section booked for wednesday - she's terrified and there are no staff at her hospital willing to do a breech delivery!!

I said the same to her about fetal size estimates being so far off an dI would get a 2nd opinion about just how big baby is in relation to her pelvis and where this GDD diagnosis has come from!

That's sad :( and ultimately they can't refuse to do a breech delivery.... they can recommend, advise and beg her to have a cesarean but if she does not consent then they have a legal obligation to catch. They're not just gonna let girl birth unassisted in the hallway.... And if they do, there would be facing quite the lawsuit! Unfortunately, accomplishing such a task does require quite sufficient birth armour.... Takes a strong woman to battle for her rights in this medical world.......

quite true kandykinz, was going to say the same they can't refuse to attend her in labour and assist in a vaginal breech birth all obstetricians and mws are trained in breech deliveries though few will have actually seen one that isn't performed on a dummy.

In other news another fab MW appt today...she even said there was no need to see the OB again if i didnt want to after what he said last time about HB begin dangerous!

So one less wall in my way!

She's great.

Had bloods done today so hope my iron comes back ok and what not, it's always been great so i dont really have any worries but I did get a few sachets of spatone for free and the baby show just in case LOL!

AND completely out of the blue (no pun intended) I think bump finally has a name! We've gone for months not thinking about it, he's come up with 1 suggestion which we werent particularly taken with and he's shot loads of my suggestions down but he just pulled a cool one out of the bag! Going to see how it feels before making our minds up!

we just did the same with a boys name - one I'd thought of ages ago and added to the list but hadn't shared it - OH likes it too! Excellent!

Although the theory that we only had girls names because we just knew it was a girl doesn't work now :D

I saw that first post Chuck but didn't really know how to reply; I'll go check your answer. Not like a teacher, like read it! lol This GD stuff seems to be everywhere. I really don't know enough about it but I feel sceptical nonetheless. :lol: My friend was tested, skinny as anything, but apparently it's more common in black women. :shrug: Seems like "sugar in your pee eh, section for you my girl" without any rational thought in between. But like I say, I really don't know about it...

Exciting you might have a name chuck!

In my news, (very small), I went to yoga tonight. One of the girls has my MW. Another girl said "oh A...., say no more!" in a she's-a-terrible-mw kind of way. So now I'm wondering what happened as she didn't say any more and I don't want my confidence shaken in my MW by her saying more yet it's now a bit knocked anyway! Trying to be rational, different strokes and all that...

Hey!

Not posted much in here lately but i come in everyday see how you all are!

Glad you may have decided on a name chuck! I was late choosing one this time, only decided on it a few week ago, Id had them picked out from beginning with other two, infact before I even started trying with my first :D lol

I had a lovely MW visit on Sat, we talked about the home birth and potential reasons for transfer which seemed a bit scary hearing them all, but she was lovely and I know its her job to advise me of all the possible problems so its not put me off! She brought round the home birth pack on Sunday so all set to go now!! :happydance:

My iron was up from 9 to 9.5 at last check a week ago so its being done again on Sat. Ive been taking SpaTone twice a day so hopefully that will have helped.

Had another MW appt today at clinic, it was a different one ive not seen her before, she was very young! Even though I've had some negativity towards this home birth from my previous MW, today was the first time I've actually been told they wont 'let' me have one if my iron doesn't come up. Wont let me! I had to laugh bless her, I wasn't going to argue I just told her we'll see what my next results are and providing they havent dropped anymore I will be going ahead with HB, then I just changed the subject as I really dont want to keep going over this. Its all been sorted now I dont know why they are still going on about my Iron :dohh:

Not long to go now im so excited! :happydance:

I've been thinking about you PeanutBean and your GBS problems... I'm not sure how it works over there but if you do the private GBS test does your midwives necessarily have to know about it or can you just order it up on your own. That way you could load up on acidophilus and garlic in advance take the test then if it comes back negative your can rub it in their noses and potentially save yourself some grief.... and if it was negative..... just pretend it never even happened......

Well the thing is Kandy then I'd have to pay for it! :lol: I don't know is the test that is offered here is the same test again of if they actually do the private one but pay for it. I've heard mixed things. My MW has said nothing about it, I think it's gone off her radar entirely and she was unphased anyway. And it's not just them knowing, it's me too. If it comes back positive I know that will be constantly in my mind getting in the way. Without knowing one way or the other I'm basically in the same position I would've been in had the swab never been taken. Sometimes I'm better at denial! :rofl: I figure I should be being monitored for infection anyway, as should the baby, so not knowing will keep me vigilent without stressing. This possibly makes no sense to anyone else!

Have you seen the thread that has a video of a nice calm normal birth and lots of the ladies are very OMG?!

Bless em...they could all have that if they tried!

I believe I used the expression "OMG" and yes thanks, a nice calm normal birth is what I'm hoping for, or as close as!

On another note, I have GD and believe me, I wish I didn't, am not overweight and no history in the family. I failed the Glucose Test. I haven't been asked about a homebirth but I wanted to come on this forum to see other people's experiences. I will not be accepting the fact that I may need a c-section unless given very good reasons, I want a vaginal birth but it looks as though, yes, I will be induced.

Thanks all of you for this discussion.....very helpful.

I did have the glucose test for GD at 28 (I think?) weeks and it was fine....

As I said, I expected this baby not to be tiny considering my partner is so tall!

Trying not to worry, but just had a lovely talk with my OH this morning who said that it was ok to acknowledge some worries - I think I was getting worried about worrying if you know what I mean!

Anyway, will see what happens next week! Thanks for your comments xx

On another note, I have GD and believe me, I wish I didn't, am not overweight and no history in the family. I failed the Glucose Test. I haven't been asked about a homebirth but I wanted to come on this forum to see other people's experiences. I will not be accepting the fact that I may need a c-section unless given very good reasons, I want a vaginal birth but it looks as though, yes, I will be induced.

No reason an induction has to be terrible, yes maybe not as natural as you want but you can have some ideas about what you want.

Don't fall for the you have to have a CS!

No reason an induction has to be terrible, yes maybe not as natural as you want but you can have some ideas about what you want.

I'm not going to, the idea of one scares the hell out of me to be honest

A CS doesnt have to be scary, mine wasnt scary just shitty but there were a whole set of circumstances that made it so.

If I were you I wouldn't count out the possibility as you have GD but being clued up will hopefully enable you to not need one!

Check out the NICE guidelines for CS know your rights! I made a long post over in 3rd tri about what you should get in a CS and what it's like (procedure wise - which in all honesty is the easy peasy part)

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/549308-c-section.html

Anababe - I love reading how strong you sound when dealing with the MW/iron issue! So glad you have your kit etc and are raring to go! Dont forget a good hearty breakfast and a slap up dinner the night before your next bloods are drawn!! See you tonight! x

I'm not going to, the idea of one scares the hell out of me to be honest

I also want to add there is no reason for being induced either = if they are happy to induce you, then they are happy that you can deliver the baby vaginally. It is only there, so you go into labour at there pleasure and not when your baby is ready.
Also you may be told the reason for the induction is so that baby doesn't get any bigger, but you will have to weigh this up - if you have a late scan in the 39th wk, baby is very unlikey to change all that much... but if from earlier scans there is a possibility that baby could get much larger, how much is just something that you will be offered to have monitored, with further scans.
The important measurement is abdominal circumference in babies with mum with GD - as it is the fat which make them big in GD.. having GD doesn't mean your baby will have the legs of a super-model or the head of elephant man! That will be upto the genes ;-)
XxX
XxX

Thanks Lisa. As you know Im not one for arguing with anyone and try to avoid it but i do think I have become stronger over the last couple of weeks regarding this iron issue. At least my own MW is supportive of my Home Birth now, thats all I need! and yes I will have a good meal before I have my bloods dont worry lol :p See you later :) xx

yes anababe well done for standing up for your rights! I have been in the exact same situation recently. Homebirth kit being dropped off on friday, am 37 weeks today :happydance:

I'm 37 weeks today too!!! :happydance:
(my siggy is wrong and I've been too lazy to change it lol)

I still have a few things to check off my to do list though before this little munchkin can come though.
- Finish the baby blanket I'm knitting
- Finish my birth play list
- Buy some receiving blankets and baby soap

And I have to belly cast tonight and my sister is gonna henna my belly on Friday.

But saturday seems like a good birthing day. We're expecting a massive blizzard this weekened so if Baby Peanut intends to arrive anytiime soon I imagine that will be it lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->