Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Congrats Luna and KandyKinz on 37 weeks.. I will be tomorrow :happydance:

Ive still got a bit to do before im ready for this little lady to arrive yet so Ive told her around 39 weeks will be fine :p lol!

Congrats Luna and KandyKinz on 37 weeks.. I will be tomorrow :happydance:

Ive still got a bit to do before im ready for this little lady to arrive yet so Ive told her around 39 weeks will be fine :p lol!

At what gestation did your other little critters show up? I went beyond 40 weeks with both of mine and was needlessly induced with both of them... This pregnancy has been different and you never know what to expect from a third baby so I wouldn't be surprised if it comes a little earlier..... or maybe that's just wishful thinking lol :haha: But anytime between the 4th and the 6th or the 13th-20th is fine by me. Now I just have to get Baby Peanut to cooperate!

There's a thread running over in baby club that needs an experienced voice. I would post but I can't put things over well enough as some of you guys lol! Maybe one of you could pop over and help put the good word about....? x

I've put my 2pence worth in.!!! Thanks Meg! Hopefully we will get some of the ladies over here out of curiosity..
XxX

just a none HB question but have any of you NOT had any braxton hicks?

my mum said she didn't have any, and I've still not had anything like it. When I wake up in the night sometimes my bump is very tight/hard but I think that comes from lying wrong rather than BH

but has anyone else not had them?

Good question - I hadn't really thought about it before, but I didn't have any with my first. Don't know if there is any significance to that or not?
I don't have any now, but then it is early days for me.. I'm only just starting to feel kicks and prods and occasional tightening - like you say G, when it just feels all hard sometimes.

Or.... I slightly embarrassed to say.... when I orgasm, which I have been doing more often! Then it seems to take a while for my uterus to relax again. Hahaha - sorry ladies, I'm just feeling all fruity of late and all sorts is setting me off!
XxX

same here :blush: my poor OH though is missing out as it's easier on my own ;)

:D

I dint have any BH with Dewi not hat I noticed anyway!

Have had a couple this time.

Hahaha!!!! My OH also isn't getting much of the fun! takes far to long.. and much more messy!
Poor guys! I won't tell, if you don't?!
XxX

Hahaha!!!! My OH also isn't getting much of the fun! takes far to long.. and much more messy!
Poor guys! I won't tell, if you don't?!
XxX

LOL glad I'm not the only one taking care of things myself :blush:

And in terms of BH's, I'm betting you get them and just don't notice... they start in the first trimester and continue right through and some women feel them and some women don't. All it is is the uterus tightening and most BH's only last 5 or 10 seconds which if they aren't painful can be easily missed. Sometimes they can last longer and the longer ones are most often triggered by things like changing position, activity or orgasm.....

I've never read anything which correlated not having BH with going postdates or anything like that.... it's just one of those things that some women feel and experience and others don't..... Kinda like how some women experience and FEEL early labour contractions as being just as painful as real/active labour contractions and other women just move past that phase without even noticing.... Personally I think if you're one of those woman who don't "feel" anything until you're 3-4cm dilated and in actual labour then you should count yourself grateful!

hello :hi:
im more of a reader than a poster but was after a little advice,
im 34 weeks with baby number 4 and really hoping to have my 1st homebirth
i had bloods done at 30 weeks which showed "low iron", it was 11.2, so i went back yesterday and got my results today and they are still 11.2 after 4 weeks of taking iron tablets, they want me to continue this 3 times a day

i have been also drinking raspberry leaf tea and have read that this can stop reduce the amount of iron consumed??
does anyone know if this is true?
i was on iron tablets for all my previous pregnancies and luckly had faultless labours

do you think i should stop drinking the tea?
do you think my mw will be concerned about me birthing at home?

sorry for all the questions :)

i had a bleed and an emergency scan today everything with little cookie is fine but it was scary..... and it alll seems so real now!!!!!

Yeah KK, I was thinking along the same lines..
I was likening it to period pains - which I have never experienced.. and I'm not bragging here - I just haven't ever been in pain like some of my friends, and some of then really suffer each month and have to take all sorts of pain killers and curl up with hot water bottles. I know of course that when I have a period my uterus does contract to help expel the lining, but as you say KK I'm not noticing it, and not interpreting in in my brain as pain.
This could be the same as labour for me, as I didn't experience pain in labour - as pain is such a strong word and so far removed from my labour and birth with my daughter. It was full on - but full on and really cool! My body was working really hard, but it wasn't pain to me, it was working hard with a massive rush of the happy hormones!
Pain really is in the mind of the beholder and being relaxed totally helps!
XxX

Glad all is well Sam...hope all stays well!!

Jessop...the low iron thing is something that's cropped here with a few people, make sure you're getting a good iron rich diet aswell as the tablets but also u; your vit C intake as that helps iron absorption. a few ladies swear by spatone rather than iron tablets to boost levels.

Hi Jessop,

hopefully this link should work

https://www.homebirth.org.uk/hb.htm#worry

or if not just copy and paste!

There's some really good info on there about iron levels plus a good point about haemodilution. Also some evidence of the NICE guidlines about it all, hope you find it useful!
xx

hello :hi:
im more of a reader than a poster but was after a little advice,
im 34 weeks with baby number 4 and really hoping to have my 1st homebirth
i had bloods done at 30 weeks which showed "low iron", it was 11.2, so i went back yesterday and got my results today and they are still 11.2 after 4 weeks of taking iron tablets, they want me to continue this 3 times a day

i have been also drinking raspberry leaf tea and have read that this can stop reduce the amount of iron consumed??
does anyone know if this is true?
i was on iron tablets for all my previous pregnancies and luckly had faultless labours

do you think i should stop drinking the tea?
do you think my mw will be concerned about me birthing at home?

sorry for all the questions :)

Why are you drinking the tea at this time in your pregnancy?
Anyways, your levels are not low in my opinon. Check out NICE guidelines - below 7.8 you will have significant problems - but over 10.. no worries!
Iron is better absorbed through diet not suppliments so try to increase iron in your diet. Some of the ladies (and they will help us out here), recommend a water you can get from Boots, which has been helping lots!

XxX

Edit - That is the one Chuck! thank you!

i had a bleed and an emergency scan today everything with little cookie is fine but it was scary..... and it alll seems so real now!!!!!

Oh Sam - hope you start to feel better, that must have been so frightening. Must have been wonderfull to see you baby though and know that everything is all good!
XxX

thanks chuck

jessop27 i wouldnt worry about the raspberry tea... it is usually such a weak concentration that it will neither help nor hinder, its the tablet form that you should steer clear off at this stage. make sure that you do not drink too much normal tea as well... the tannin decreases the body's ability to absorb iron. plenty of vit c and iron rich foods are the best way to increase your intake

thanks bournefree.... i was terrified all of yesterday... then hardly slept a wink... when we saw the scan this morning i felt like it was the first time i had taken a breath in the past 24 hours!! Seeing cookie was lush.... and the little flickering heartbeat!!
they said the bleeding was left over implantation blood as i have a weirdly positioned cervix it kind of guttered it and let it go yesterday... aren't our bodies funny old things!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->