Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

thanks for the advice, think i will go to chemist tomorrow and get some spatone
i didnt think they were low tbh either but they insisted i took the tablets
will try and increase iron in my diet too :) i only have one cup of raspberry tea a day at the moment as recommended

Around here many midwives say it's perfectly fine to start red raspberry leaf tea around 32 weeks and some say it's fine to have it right through pregnancy even in the first trimester as it's been said to help prevent miscarriage... There's really little research done on it to really say anything conclusive about when it should be started though.... I started it aroudn 30 weeks this time around but I know of several women who drank the tea right through with no problems at all.

In terms of iron, I have never read anything to suggest that the tea could inhibit iron absorption... In fact everything I have read in regards to the tea suggests it helps with anemia as it's a good source of iron.

And I'm the same as you bournefree in terms of menstrual cramps and such though I did find that labour hurt like heck! I never got menstrual cramps and with both of my kids I never felt BH's either and with both of them towards the end when I had NST's and was induced I never felt any of the contractions that were being picked up on the monitor until I was aroudn 4cm dilated but then when I started to feel them I really felt them!

hello x isit safe to have a home birth when its your 4th pregnancy if everything is ok and ive had no problems with the other births?

thanks bournefree.... i was terrified all of yesterday... then hardly slept a wink... when we saw the scan this morning i felt like it was the first time i had taken a breath in the past 24 hours!! Seeing cookie was lush.... and the little flickering heartbeat!!
they said the bleeding was left over implantation blood as i have a weirdly positioned cervix it kind of guttered it and let it go yesterday... aren't our bodies funny old things!!!

Glad all was well. I bled daily from week 5 to week 14.... It certainly made for a stressful first trimester!

strange how so many recommend red raspberry leaf tea to increase hb levels if the tannins within it inhibit iron absorption :shrug:

hello x isit safe to have a home birth when its your 4th pregnancy if everything is ok and ive had no problems with the other births?

Absolutely!!! You planning a HB this time? You are a pro now go for it!

would love a home birth for our final baby. think it would be lovely but would be a little scared. never liked hospitals and i think being there freaked me out more so might be more relaxed if i laboured at home x

Hello. I'm in London. It's noisy! Just a quickie on the BH; I got them mildlynear the end of preg last time. This time I'm been having them for a couple of months or more and they're much more noticeable. I started getting them when I walked the dog, uphill and things. Now I get them every night lasting maybe 30/40 seconds and have perhaps 5 or 6. They start like period pain at the bottom move mostly up and round the back and before finishing the top presses of my diaphragm so I feel a bit short of breath. Not painful but a little uncomfortable.

hello :hi:
im more of a reader than a poster but was after a little advice,
im 34 weeks with baby number 4 and really hoping to have my 1st homebirth
i had bloods done at 30 weeks which showed "low iron", it was 11.2, so i went back yesterday and got my results today and they are still 11.2 after 4 weeks of taking iron tablets, they want me to continue this 3 times a day

i have been also drinking raspberry leaf tea and have read that this can stop reduce the amount of iron consumed??
does anyone know if this is true?
i was on iron tablets for all my previous pregnancies and luckly had faultless labours

do you think i should stop drinking the tea?
do you think my mw will be concerned about me birthing at home?
sorry for all the questions :)

OH FGS 11.2 Isn't even low it is way above the cut off for anaemia past 28 weeks which is 10.5 this makes me so angry any mw worth their salt knows this they are obviously trying to obstruct your homebirth. Mybe they need to take a look at the NICE guidleines? you don't need to take iron with a hb of 11.2 it isn't rising because your body doesn't need the extra iron because you are NOT anaemic.

"1.6.1.2 Haemoglobin levels outside the normal UK range for pregnancy (that is, 11 g/100 ml at first contact and 10.5 g/100 ml at 28 weeks) should be investigated and iron supplementation considered if indicated".
full guideline here: https://www.nice.org.uk/nicemedia/live/11947/40115/40115.pdf

Absolutely! I've had two successful (but negative) hospital birth experiences, and am 8 weeks away from my due date with my third. My midwife says I'm a perfect candidate for a home birth. I'm planning a homebirth for this little girl.

Luna is right 11 isn't even considered anemic!

Anyways I just came on to B*TCH abit!!!!!!! :growlmad:

I really wanted to do belly casting this pregnancy as well as henna my belly so two weeks ago when I finally had a little extra money to blow on frivalous things I ordered myself a belly casting kit and a belly mehndi kit as well as some non-toxic newborn footprint/handprint ink, peri bottle and some other little things.....

https://www.mamagoddessbirthshop.ca/collections/specials/products/belly-mehndi-kits

https://www.mamagoddessbirthshop.ca/products/mama-goddess-belly-cast-kit

Anyways, the stuff arrives in the mail today and I was all :happydance: but then I opened the box! and became quite :growlmad: with what I saw.

There was brown Mehndi powder on everything! It was a complete awful terrible mess. To make it worse everything in their pretty pouch had fallen out and everything from their belly casting kit was put in the shipping box loosely. So what I had was a cardboard box full of unlabelled jars and bottles and oils and swabs and paints and swabs, etc etc all covered in brown powder! So I went online and matched up what items belonged to what kit to discover that they only included page 2 of the instructions for the Mehndi Kit and they didn't even include any instructions at all for the belly casting kit and the Mehndi design handout full of ideas was non-existant! I was not impressed at all... My 6 year old could have done a more professional job putting this kits together and shipping them!

So I sent them an email and am anxiously awaiting a response... It's still business hours where they are.....

All I can say is grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :growlmad:

Over 11 is bloody brilliant!!!!

It's fine to take RLT from 32 weeks. It's a uterine tonic and not a labour inducing substance. :)

Hi everyone, sorry I've not been about for a while! Congratulations to all the new babies and it looks like there's a few more imminent too! Hi to everyone that's joined since I was last here too x x

Congrats Luna and KandyKinz on 37 weeks.. I will be tomorrow :happydance:

Ive still got a bit to do before im ready for this little lady to arrive yet so Ive told her around 39 weeks will be fine :p lol!

At what gestation did your other little critters show up? I went beyond 40 weeks with both of mine and was needlessly induced with both of them... This pregnancy has been different and you never know what to expect from a third baby so I wouldn't be surprised if it comes a little earlier..... or maybe that's just wishful thinking lol :haha: But anytime between the 4th and the 6th or the 13th-20th is fine by me. Now I just have to get Baby Peanut to cooperate!

My first was 40+4 and second 39+5 so around due date both times. I dont mind her coming early just not this week! lol Anytime from next Thursday would be great! :haha:

Jessop - I wouldnt worry! I think my MW's would be over the moon if my iron was over 11! Ive had a bit of negativity over HB with my iron being 9 but they have still brought round my Home Birth Kit and going ahead without too much of a fight. I probably wouldnt even take the tablets if my iron was 11.2. I dont really take them every day now at 9.5, they make me sick but I take SpaTone everyday so im hoping that does the job. Id be more than happy if I could just get it to 10 now.

I started BH's around 28/29 weeks this time and they are getting uncomfortable now. Mainly at night but I do get them pretty strong during the day if Ive been more active than usual with the kids/housework etc

KK - Thats terrible about the kit :shock: I cant believe they would send something out like that! Hope you get a reply to your email soon!

I had dd at 38+2, I have a feeling I will go 40+ this time as this pregnancy has been awful in terms of sickness etc that it would be just my luck lol.

As for braxton hicks, I didn't notice them with dd but have felt them quite regularly this time from about 26 weeks.

Is anyone nesting? do you fancy coming round to mine and tidying up? my nesting instinct has left me.

Im certainly not nesting! Not by choice anyway. I hate cleaning but my dad moved into my house not long ago and hes so controlling with housework.. I have to clean everyday otherwise he goes mad. He complains enough about the house but doesnt actually clean himself.

I gave kids a sausage roll each other day and my youngest broke his up into bits and threw it all over the floor to feed the dogs (naughty boy! lol), my dad came in and it was like the end of the world, i actually thought he might cry :haha:. He said no one else with children have any mess on the floor or have food dropped etc :shock:

Please tell me im not the only one with toddlers who make a mess, im doing something seriously wrong if I am :rofl:

Im certainly not nesting! Not by choice anyway. I hate cleaning but my dad moved into my house not long ago and hes so controlling with housework.. I have to clean everyday otherwise he goes mad. He complains enough about the house but doesnt actually clean himself.

I gave kids a sausage roll each other day and my youngest broke his up into bits and threw it all over the floor to feed the dogs (naughty boy! lol), my dad came in and it was like the end of the world, i actually thought he might cry :haha:. He said no one else with children have any mess on the floor or have food dropped etc :shock:

Please tell me im not the only one with toddlers who make a mess, im doing something seriously wrong if I am :rofl:
sorry hang on, he's in YOUR house and yet still feels making such comments is fine WITHOUT helping?

Sorry, I'd be laying down my house rules at that point. You're not his kid anymore (well you are, but you're an adult now) and if he's in your house it's your rules. Sod him, you life your life how you want. If he was doing the cleaning I might feel less angry but the fact he's not makes it worse!

My Mum is coming to stay after pickle is born and she's going to HATE how we live, but she'll have to like it or lump it

Hey KK - I trust you have asked for your money back on the kit you bought?! That is terrible! What a disappointment.

Some help needed here ladies in the second tri

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...out-cant-have-homebirth-because-politics.html

I don't think that I'm being constructive enough, as I'm just furious at some peoples IGNORANT and unthoughtful responces to a women wanting to have a homebirth... Please back her up with me!
XxX

Yeah we argue all time about the cleaning, but I guess he is hardly here with working full time so its not like im cleaning up after him, he just doesnt like the way I live. We get on really well other than that so its not a huge problem, he just doesnt always get that being heavily pregnant and looking after 2 kids and 2 dogs means i really dont care if the skirting boards have been polished or the washing pile is a bit more than it usually is :dohh:

He just thinks my house should look tidy all the time and its not always that easy when you have kids is it lol

And as for rules! Well i make those and no one ever listens.. no smoking in the lounge or in upstairs/bedrooms.. its not alot to ask really but he thinks if he opens a window i wont notice hes smoking in his room.. its like living with a disobedient teenager sometimes! haha

Well your dad would hate to be around my daughter! Everything within a 2 meter radius of her becomes messed within seconds.... When she comes home from school within minutes it looks as though a mini cyclone tore through here and days when she has no school it feels impossible to be on top of her to ensure she cleans up after herself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->