Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Oooh, the torch seems like a good idea :)

And possible labour? How exciting! :happydance: I'd take the day off, absolutely! :lol:

I agree, stay home! And yay for early labour!!!

I know what you mean about your OH possibly being TOO protective! :lol:

I didn't pack a bag. But when I went in to be "checked out," I grabbed a few essentials out of a home birth box I'd got ready. I still have that box. It will have things added to it again one day. And it will be used for its purpose one day.

i will be packing the hospital bag i used with zane just incase and its handy to have everything out of the way and ready.

i had it packed at 28 weeks with zane hahaha so i wont be doing it that soon this time

I have a just-in-case bag too, but I'm keeping it out of my house. It's sitting in the garage with two outfits for each of us and a pack of diapers. Should I need to go, I don't plan on staying long. I'm being optimistic though, that's why I won't let the bag in the house.

My herbs arrived today so I can look forward to making some teabags next week. :)

Could someone please remind me that due dates are rubbish and I will go into labour soon when LO is good and ready? Feeling a bit down today and tired of all this waiting. And the question 'has it come yet?'. ARGHHHHH!
sob just having a bad day, exhausted for no reason and ASDA didn't even give me any pains today. I can always rely on shopping in ASDA to bring on at least some mild BH :(

Haven't posted in here for a while. Having some major HB wobbles. And also had my confidence dented yesterday when they said at the hospital they think I might have a low lying placenta.

My scan will confirm on Tuesday, and I know theres still time for it to move, but I just feel a bit like I had it way too easy with Seth, it's going to be more difficult this time.

Just could do with some hugs please :( I hope wobbles are normal lol I had my heart set on this a few weeks ago and now I just don't know.

xx

:hugs: Linzi. Of course wobbles are normal and there's loads of time for things to move about yet. 20 weeks feels like 100 years ago now to me!

:hugs: Thumper too and yes your EDD is very E so try not to stress. Can you do something new or go somewhere each day to help pass the time and give you a different focus?

I have my Mum staying with me which is great but she's hanging on my every movement! She's so excited (she has never given birth so major event for her :) ) just need some positivity. Have planned a nice weekend so hopefully that helps. It's just been so tough this pregnancy, nOt physically but LO was 100% not planned and still adjusting :) very scared. And yet still looking forward to labour! Haha.
Just a down day today I hope and tomorrow will be back to normal :) thanks x

:hugs: thumper, can't imagine how your feeling as not quite got there myself yet but judging by how much it already feels like a waiting game I imagine you're going crazy. Bubs will come sometime soon, fx'ed.

Linzi...wobbles are totally normal hun, loads of people seem to have them at around the 20wk mark! (mine still pop up every now and then too, but some of it I think is normal labour worries too!) xxx

Reading Ina May go on about the importance on nutrition is killing me. I still feel so sick so much of the time and can hardly stomach anything let alone having nutritious food. Makes me feel like i'm destined for failure in labour because of my poor diet. Apart from far too many crisps I don't eat bad things so much as just not eating many good things! The things I do have are mostly very good but I don't have enough. Sigh.

My diet has been sucking too lately! The first/second trimester completely did me in and it subsequently cut my appetite in half. I eat alot of fruits, could eat more veggies and other than my occasional pudding indulgence I don't eat too much junk nor do I eat much fast food (maybe once or twice a month..) But portion wise I think I probably should eat more (never thought I'd ever say that!). I've gained reasonably and have put on 20lbs but have noticably lost weight in my arms and face and thighs (no complaints!). Bump wise I'm also not nearly as HUGE as I was with my daughter. She was 9lbs... I don't think this one will hit 8lbs but I'm often wrong when it comes to weight predictions! I do worry slightly that my reduced eating has had a negative impact on baby and that it's likely the result of my extreme drop in energy levels though, but I seem to worry about EVERYTHING.... It's no wonder I ended up with shingles! :dohh:

And to clarfiy on the earlier discussion.... In attempts to translate things into my foreign tongue I'm assuming torch is referring to a flash light??? and not a stick with fire at the end as they used in medieval times and at the olympics????

Linzi it's definitely normal to wobble. :hugs:

Anyone heard from Luna?

And to clarfiy on the earlier discussion.... In attempts to translate things into my foreign tongue I'm assuming torch is referring to a flash light??? and not a stick with fire at the end as they used in medieval times and at the olympics????

:rofl: yep a flashlight in your language ;) ...can you imagine getting burnt down there at anytime, never mind right after having given birth! :lol: xx

I dunno, shouldn't we primitive earth mothers want to be as natural as possible? No electricity? :winkwink:

Not heard from Luna anywhere...

With Byron I literally could only stomach crisps the whole pregnancy. And I wasn't ill once until the very end. But I've been ill almost continuously for over a year now, since going back to work full time. I've been so poorly this pregnancy. But I have been able to stomach more than last time. I dunno... I can't control it. The nausea dictates. I just hope I'm not physically beaten before I even start.

My diet is also pretty poor at the moment PB. My husband and son are both ill, up coughing all night, so I'm not getting much sleep - as a result, I'm filling up on sugary crap during the day so I have enough energy to keep up with a hyper toddler :wacko:

Linz - I had frequent wobbles, always after seeing my MW...

my diet is terrible at the best of times and worse now, ive been snacking on junk. and now zanes ill i never get a chance to really eat.

im going to start meal plans again with lots of veg and get more fruit in, id rather snack on grapes then chocolate but chocs cheaper lol

this afternoon norman, my lap top,refused to turn on :[ the pc docs said his condition was serious and it would cost $300 to operate..... more than i even paid for this mini acer new lessthan 2 years ago. i said my good byes and sobbed a little [pathetic i know] . time of death 2:45pm :[ i am now without a puter till next month. the onset of withdrawal has already begun. my son is kindly allowing me to use his dsi during my time of mourning [pls excuse the poor stylus typos and lack of caps] and has even offered a spot on his fav list for bnb but it is just not the same. well i must go and bury my sorrows with chocolate pudding. RIP norman.....

Thumper its a super moon tonight get to asda when the moons out! LOL

I hate EDD's theyre such a let down. I remember getting to Dewi's (Dec17th) then it got to xmas eve and xmas day and still no baby! ERGH

Frustrating!

Linzi I'm sure all will be well.

Can't wiat to hear form Luna, was so pleased to hear that Armywife is doing well after her CS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->